Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

The classic tactical turn-based combat returns in this modern re-imagining of X-COM: UFO Defense.

Xcom at its finest: Impossible gameplay inside

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Krayola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Krayola
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Azteck

Calling your own video "great" seems a bit.. presumptuous. I didn't watch it though so it might be for all I know. However the thread's probably going to get locked unless you add some discussion value to the thread. Advertisement is usually frowned upon over here.

Laiv162560asse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Laiv162560asse

I thought it was entertaining. Impossible looks so tough that it's just funny, no other word for it. Although yeah, work on your advertising spiel.

Krayola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Krayola

Im not Advertising, just showing impossible gameplay that went poorly, do to unlucky positioning. Its a great video that shows people that crap can hit the fan very easily, in a Xcom fashion. You are right though, I should have added a bit of discussion. I thought the Title being Xcom at its finest was enough. People that know Xcom, know that everything can be going great until Xcom decides to work its magic.

Krayola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Krayola

@Laivasse said:

I thought it was entertaining. Impossible looks so tough that it's just funny, no other word for it. Although yeah, work on your advertising spiel.

Yeah it is funny, gotta love Xcom right? I think things would have went better if I would have set the guy behind the trash to overwatch, instead I just abandoned a soldier. I dont know what I could have done really, I was doomed from the start I guess.

Laiv162560asse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Laiv162560asse
    @Krayola said:

@Laivasse said:

Yeah it is funny, gotta love Xcom right? I think things would have went better if I would have set the guy behind the trash to overwatch, instead I just abandoned a soldier. I dont know what I could have done really, I was doomed from the start I guess.

I'm no kind of expert since I've only been playing on Classic, but I did notice you overextended your squad without having sufficient overwatchers in place. What I do when I'm really crapping my pants is keep my squad roughly moving spread wide in a line, all in overwatch, then move one final, expendable guy forward (without dashing). Same general idea as you, but some of your overwatch guys were way at the back without a chance to pick up the sectoids in their sight range. Saying that, the AI's aim is so ridiculous and rookie aim is so bad on Impossible it probably wouldn't have made a difference.
    steveurkel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By steveurkel

I enjoy watching people play xcom for osme reason. It is more fun than actually playing it on Classic or above.

My classic game was going really good until I lost my entire squad including my leveled up support who I was in love with (she was the only one who made it past the first 6+ missions). After that, panic began to rise as rookies died left and right. It was not a good way to win the war vs the aliens.

Krayola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Krayola

@Laivasse said:

@Krayola said:

@Laivasse said:

I'm no kind of expert since I've only been playing on Classic, but I did notice you overextended your squad without having sufficient overwatchers in place. What I do when I'm really crapping my pants is keep my squad roughly moving spread wide in a line, all in overwatch, then move one final, expendable guy forward (without dashing). Same general idea as you, but some of your overwatch guys were way at the back without a chance to pick up the sectoids in their sight range. Saying that, the AI's aim is so ridiculous and rookie aim is so bad on Impossible it probably wouldn't have made a difference.

3 of my troops went into panic before I could pop off a overwatch shot. Im trying to figure out ways to give myself the best chance to win. I know for sure falling back and setting overwatch is my best shot so far. My 3rd attempt I will stay in a ball and see how that works out. Its just a habit for me not to ball up, im scared of alien nades. lol

Krayola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Krayola

I just uploaded another video completing mission 1 impossible. I played very well, xcom just had to cheat me big time, but I made it through.

I will name 1 Laivasse and the other Steveurkel for my mission 2 play through. I'll do my best not to kill you guys..lol

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Seppli

@Krayola said:

I just uploaded another video completing mission 1 impossible. I played very well, xcom just had to cheat me big time, but I made it through.

I will name 1 Laivasse and the other Steveurkel for my mission 2 play through. I'll do my best not to kill you guys..lol

For some reason, I have an inkling that Krayola and Laivasse and Steveurkel are one and the same person. Duh duh duuuuuh.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Seppli

@Krayola said:

For some reason, I have an inkling that Krayola and Laivasse and Steveurkel are one and the same person. Duh duh duuuuuh.

2 of those 3 have monthly subscriptions so I'm gonna say no. But maybe Krayola and Lakvasse/Steveurkel is quite possible....
    Laiv162560asse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Laiv162560asse
    @Sackmanjones said:
    @Seppli

@Krayola said:

2 of those 3 have monthly subscriptions so I'm gonna say no. But maybe Krayola and Lakvasse/Steveurkel is quite possible....
    You guys did it, you uncovered the grand XCOM Vid Sockpuppeting Scam of 2012. Thanks to your sleuthing the OP's channel will have 9 views instead of 14 and we can all sleep safe in our beds.
    zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By zaccheus

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.