Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Yakuza 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 18, 2010

Yakuza 4 is the fourth game in Sega's crime drama series, known as 'Ryu ga Gotoku' in Japan. As a first for the series, the story is split between the viewpoints of four different protagonists.

Who is your favorite playable character?

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Grissefar

kuz101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kuz101

Akiyama. For all the reasons said by Grissefar below. He does have my favorite fighting style too though because I love kick heavy characters in all games. For instance, Hwoarang is my favorite Tekken character.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Grissefar

Not in terms of fighting style but just in terms of character.

I like Akiyama best, for his laid back attitude which is in strong contrast to Hana, and I think the story could have used some more of him. The only thing I don't get is, slight spoilers I guess, how he got the 100 billion yen, seriously what the fuck? He owns a not-toptier hostess club in harsh times and has only had a few years to earn them.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Cube

Akiyama so far. I have a feeling though, I'll enjoy Kiryu the most when I get to him. I'm not sure if I like Tanimura. Kind of sleazy. I also think Akiyama has the best fighting style. Saejima is too bulky for my tastes, and Tanimura does some weird stuff, mainly the throwing mechanics.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By kingzetta

Akiyama

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By SaFt

I liked Tanimura alot, cuffing guys, great grapple moves. Also the animation, i remember thinking it was a nice touch that he almost trips himself when he do the backward kick after grabbing an enemy.

Oh and his final battle is pretty great too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.