Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Yakuza 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 18, 2010

Yakuza 4 is the fourth game in Sega's crime drama series, known as 'Ryu ga Gotoku' in Japan. As a first for the series, the story is split between the viewpoints of four different protagonists.

yakuza 4

nima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By nima

After finishing Yakuza 3 last year, I couldn't wait to see what Yakuza 4 has to offer. I have now finished the first chapter of Yakuza 4 and it is definetly interesting.  
    So the first character is not Kazuya surprisingly enough, but some guy called Akiyama. Akiyama though is a facinating character. They have done a fantastic job of introducing him. I look forward to more with this character. 
    From recollection, I think Kamurocho looks far better here than in Yakuza 3. At least thats how it looks like but I doubt I'll play Yakuza 3 to figure that out. I don't know what it is about me but once I finish a game, no matter how good it is, I can never play it again even if I have the intent to play it again sometime.  
    Anyway, first impression = facinating!

nima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By nima

After finishing Yakuza 3 last year, I couldn't wait to see what Yakuza 4 has to offer. I have now finished the first chapter of Yakuza 4 and it is definetly interesting.  
    So the first character is not Kazuya surprisingly enough, but some guy called Akiyama. Akiyama though is a facinating character. They have done a fantastic job of introducing him. I look forward to more with this character. 
    From recollection, I think Kamurocho looks far better here than in Yakuza 3. At least thats how it looks like but I doubt I'll play Yakuza 3 to figure that out. I don't know what it is about me but once I finish a game, no matter how good it is, I can never play it again even if I have the intent to play it again sometime.  
    Anyway, first impression = facinating!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

I'm liking it so far as well. Akiyama is an intriguing character, most certainly, and contrasts a lot over Kazuma, with his smarmy and almost patronising confidence he expresses. The movement is a little stiffer, though, and I've still only just met Aria, so I haven't had enough time to bolster a solid overall impression. With that said, my introductory impression is it's lookin purty goood. Can't wait for when it shifts to Taiga since that guy was so fun to play as during the demo.

BrickRoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By BrickRoad

Yeah I'm playing through Y4 too. Think I got up to Ch. 5 last night, can't remember. Anyway, Akiyama is an interesting character, I think he'd work for the whole game frankly, but we'll see how it goes. From what I can remember, Y4 does look better than Y3, though I've recently played through Shenmue 1 and 2 inbetween these two, and so the late 90's textures might be playing with my mind. If it does look better, it's only a small step forward, I'd say.

Avatar image for dokidokibawanga
    DokiDokiBawanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By DokiDokiBawanga

Wait. so you play as 2 different dudes? or Kazuma will take over? 

nima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nima
    @DokiDokiBawanga: Well you play as 4 guys including Kazuma. I have only played as Akiyama so far though. 
    Also, I am not reading too much of the replies to my blog just incase of spoilers, so if you don't get a reply, sorry. 
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By kingzetta

I've played Texas hold 'em for a few hours and made 5 million yen.
    It's time to hit the hostess clubs hard.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.