Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Activision Blizzard, Inc.

Company »

Activision Blizzard is the result of a merger between Activision and Vivendi Games worth an estimated $18.9 billion dollars. The merger was approved by the European Commission and finalized on July 9th, 2008.

Tidbits From Today’s Money-Filled Activision Earnings Call

• 58 results
    uber_skedy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By uber_skedy

I really enjoy this little write ups and they're kind of hard (require effort) to track down elsewhere. Thanks for putting them up.

ildon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By ildon

Skylanders is “one of the most innovative products we’ve ever created” and will have “success for many years.”

Why do I feel like in a year or so Skylanders will crash and become the pogs for this generation of kids.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By tebbit

I'm really glad Skylanders did well. It shows that even though the game industry has changed a lot in the last 15 years, kids are still smart enough to want good games, parents are wise enough to buy them, and developers are still willing to make them. None 'o this Ben 10 jank.

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By Nardak

Patrick....who is this Bunige that you mention in your article:)?

"Can you tell that Activision is excited about Bunige´s next game? Unfortunately, no details just yet."

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Ares42
    @patrickklepek said:

• Activision has sold more than 20 million Skylanders toys since launch.
    wow, just.... wow...  guess my suspicions about the "franchise manager" thing with Blizzard is becoming more and more realistic.
    Junpei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Junpei

I was actually more shocked by the amount of CoD Elite subscribers than I was about the Skylanders. I didn't think that many people would pony up that money for that even though there's how many millions playing. Guess I just don't get the draw that much.

TurtleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By TurtleFish

@AhmadMetallic said:

Activision is the epitome of all the things that consist of money hunger, streamlining games, killing creativity, killing titles by milking them to death and so on.. How we're even discussing this disgusting and unholy company is beyond me.

As long as people keep buying the games and paying money, they'll keep doing what they're doing. They're not going to stop until the financials tell them to stop, just like most other companies.

JGH

Icecreamjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By Icecreamjones

I hope Skylander remains successful for a while - long enough to see developers Toys for Bob profit enough so that when they're done with that, they can make Star Control 3 for REAL this time - that's right, Skylanders is somehow from the same creative minds as Star Control 1 and 2.

bug9329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By bug9329

You know, Activision probably has a lot of unsold Guitar Hero guitars in some landfill in China. They could dig them up, stick some Skylanders art on them, and bam -- they have another revenue source.

avidwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By avidwriter

Blizzard's games : Mists of Pandaria, Diablo 3, Blizzard Dota (althought I'd hoping Starcraft 2 :HoTS)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.