Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Activision

Company »

Activision is the largest third-party publisher in the world. It became the first third-party developer for video game consoles, and is responsible for popular franchises such as Call of Duty, Guitar Hero, and Tony Hawk.

Activision Axes Franchises, Reveals Studios In Earnings Call

• 157 results
    Avatar image for gristlemcthornbody
    GristleMcThornbody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I like how Kotick isn't afraid to use the word "super-charge" in his description. 

Hughes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By Hughes

With the direction the Tony Hawk games have been going in, this is probably a good thing. 

Also, I noticed something:  
    Guitar Hero, published by Activision, gets the axe. It's biggest competitor? Rock Band, co-published by EA. 
    Tony Hawk series, also getting the axe. Biggest competitor (and frankly better games as of late), Skate. Published by EA.  
    Respawn Entertainment forming after the whole thing with Activision's cherished CoD franchise? Yeah, EA Partners. 

MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#153  Edited By MadExponent

Activision makes bad decisions.  Also, wtf...no Bungie game or Diablo 2 in 2011?  These games really don't take this long.  Especially Blizzard....wizeak.
    Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#154  Edited By Gonmog

i love the line about them not expecting a profit from Blizzards next 2 games for this year...I love blizzard they have so much power that even Activison cant tell them to make a game come out sooner. I am a proud Blizzard Fan! :D

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#155  Edited By sins_of_mosin

Eh, that True Crime seemed alright.

CoD is stale and boring.  They need to stop with the linear path and actually let players have some fun.

keoskey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By keoskey

@JuggaloAcidman said:

"Is it just me or does Activision make some really awful games? Why Blizzard got in bed with Activision is beyond me... COD is there only quality product... And even then... Black Ops... Not my favorite that's for sure. "

Both activision and blizzard are working togeather b/c they both like the idea of making there users pay extra ontop on the 60 to 100 $$$ they pay to get there games.

MechaDestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#157  Edited By MechaDestroyer

That sucks about True Crime.  But, then again, the series was notoriously rough around the edges despite being made with good intentions (Streets of LA was a clunky mess of genres while New York was glitchy beyond all belief).  Maybe Hong Kong would have continued that trend but maybe it could have turned the series around.  We'll never know. 

I worry about Call of Duty now, but then I remember we still have Battlefield 3 on the horizon and Bad Company 2 going strong so I don't worry.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#158  Edited By wrighteous86

Activision says, "No more Heroes".

Konanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Konanda

That headline is terrible. Really axes?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.