Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Agents of Mayhem

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Aug 15, 2017

Inspired by Saturday-morning cartoons, this single-player spin-off of the Saints Row series pits a roaming squad of anti-heroes against a massive evil organization in near-future South Korea.

Actual Surprise: Agents of Mayhem is now a boardgame

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#1  Edited By sammo21

Of course it is, what isn't anymore? The board game resurgence has been going strong for a while and everything gets made into board games now...so why not a mediocre (or just outright terrible, in my opinion) game that was a critical and financial letdown? Recently added to Kickstarter, like all miniature based board games it is pretty pricey. I am curious how the deals for this came about but I was definitely taken aback by it. The core ideas in Agents of Mayhem, even from a story perspective, are competent (I mean, its just GI JOE but with...dick jokes, I guess?) so I guess it would translate to a competent game. however, I'm mostly just sharing this because of how weird it seemed when I came across it. Even more odd is that Academy Games is responsible for games with a more educational and historical bent to them. Either way, I guess its good that Volition might get something out of that mess of a game.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Considering Deadly Premonition has a board game, I probably shouldn't be surprised, but I kinda am. Not that another video game got it's own board game, but that AGENTS OF MAYHEM got one. I figured it's success (or lack thereof) would have led to it being shelved and never spoken of or thought about again.

ashghanistan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By ashghanistan

Waiting for the day they turn Mario Party into an actual board game, and the subsequent Mario Party Party: Board Game edition

Avatar image for propagandapanda
    Propagandapanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What?!?

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd be all for a trend of disliked video games getting board game releases for inscrutable reasons.

Backyard Wrestling: The Board Game

Venetian Blinds Monopoly

Risk, But With A 'Soldier Of Fortune: Payback' Theme

50 Cent's Carcassonne On The Sand

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By iamjohn

@ashghanistan: They made a card game that uses the eReader for mini games, if that counts.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.