Ahri was once just a normal fox. Being more connected with the magical world left her feeling incomplete. One day she met a robed magician dying on a battlefield. Somehow, she absorbed some of his life essence. This changed her and gave her a human form.
Even with a human form, she still felt incomplete. In order to fill the void, she consumed the life essence of foolish humans she could ensnare. The more life essence she absorbed, however, the more she began to develop a conscience. Troubled by the idea of absorbing the life essence of others, she joined the League, who offered her a chance to gain her humanity without consuming the life essence of others.
''Mercy is a human luxury... and responsibility.''
|Stat||Base Value||Growth Per Level|
Ahri costs 6300 Influence Points or 975 Riot Points and was added to the game on December 14, 2011.
Orb of Deception (Active)
Ahri sends out a projectile in a straight line in front of her that then returns. Does magic damage on first shot and true damage on return.
Ahri is surrounded by 3 flames for up to 5 seconds. After a small time, the flames will attack nearby enemies. Flames only deal 50% damage on subsequent hits.
Ahri throws a kiss in a straight line in front of her. If it hits a champion, the kiss does magic damage and charms the enemy. Charm forces the champion to walk towards her without attacking and be slowed by 50%.
Spirit Rush (Active)
Ahri rushes toward the cursor and fires projectiles that do magic damage to up to 3 enemies. Can be cast up to two more times in the next 10 seconds without a cooldown. Enemies can only be hit once per Rush.
Essence Theft (Passive)
Ability gains one charge per spell hit, up to 3 charges per cast. At 9 charges, next spell will gain 35% bonus spell vamp.
- Ahri is based on the kumiho, a creature from Korean folklore. A kumiho is a nine-tailed fox who can transform freely into, among other things, a beautiful woman that sets out to seduce males in efforts to eat their heart or their liver, depending on which version of the legend is told. This somewhat mirrors her ability to absorb the life essences of other humans.
- Ahri's dance is the dance popularized by Korean pop group Girl's Generation, in their song "Run Devil Run." The group was referenced further in her Popstar skin, whose splash art, outfit, and some animations reference their song "Genie." The skin's announcement coincided with the release of the group's single "My Oh My."
- Ahri's Foxfire skin is a reference to the popular Firefox web browser by Mozilla. She shares the color palette of the browser's desktop icon in the skin's splash art.
- Ahri is voiced by Laura Post, who is also the voice actor for Valentine from the fighting game Skullgirls.
- Ahri's passive was initially called Soul Eater, but it was changed to Essence Theft because the passive of fellow champion Nasus was also called Soul Eater.
- Ahri's name was decided by a vote by the Korean League of Legends community. Her name comes from the Korean word Ari, which means "graceful" and/or "elegant."