Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alan Wake

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released May 14, 2010

When famous novelist Alan Wake goes on vacation with his wife Alice, he has no idea that the idyllic town of Bright Falls will soon be the site of a terrible battle between light and dark that could threaten everything, even Wake's own sanity.

Anyone else was blown away?

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zereta

I easn't expecting much out of Alan Wake. I knew it existed and I knew it was long overdue but damn! That Demo at E3 was pretty awesome in my book. Could have done with a bit more Light scaring and bit less shooting but this is one to watch amirite? 

HobbitJacob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By HobbitJacob

I know man. It looked pretty AWESOME! I might actually buy it. You;re right about the light scaring too haha. But yeah I agree man!

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MeierTheRed

I have been looking forward for this game for years now, so my expectations properly where a little too high. But i didnt really like what i was shown. The Graphics where nice so was the lighting, motions and shadowing.

But what was showed of the gameplay, seemed a little outdated to me. First thing that popped to mind was, Silent Hill 2 and the newest version of Alone in the Dark.
    Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Adamantium

Am I the only one who thinks this looks like a total snooze-fest? Sorry...

euge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By euge

I was completely underwhelmed by alan wake. Any anticipation for that game disappeared with e3

Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Hairydutchman

I thought it would be a Twin Peaks/ David Lynch kind of game but instead I saw a horror game mixed with Max Payne.

The graphics looked good though.

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Alex_V

Underwhelming for me. I can see that the game is going to probably have a so-so combat mechanic in it - hopefully it will be rescued by a good story and atmos.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.