Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alan Wake

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released May 14, 2010

When famous novelist Alan Wake goes on vacation with his wife Alice, he has no idea that the idyllic town of Bright Falls will soon be the site of a terrible battle between light and dark that could threaten everything, even Wake's own sanity.

Will Alice and Barry get along in the sequel?

Avatar image for monsterobsessor
    Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Fanboy

For starters, it turns out that they're not having a good relationship with each other because they think of each other as bad influence to the titular character.

If there's Alan Wake 2, will they get along this time?

Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Brad

I wouldn't hold my breath for more Alan Wake if I were you. Stranger things have happened, but...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

It takes a while, but after a lil bit of sandwiching, and exchanging of acid rounds for your bazooka, everyone begins to grow towards the hairy fella. 
       It takes a while, but after a lil bit of sandwiching, and exchanging of acid rounds for your bazooka, everyone begins to grow towards the hairy fella. 
    EpicBenjamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 46

#4  Edited By EpicBenjamin

Hopefully, Barry won't be in the next game if that comes out.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Oldirtybearon
    @Fanboy said:
    " For starters, it turns out that they're not having a good relationship with each other because they think of each other as bad influence to the titular character.  If there's Alan Wake 2, will they get along this time? "
    I think Alan Wake 2 would be where Remedy cuts loose and gets really creative. I highly doubt Alice and Barry will play a major role in the sequel, as from the looks of things it will probably be about Alan trying to escape the Dark Place and return to his world. At the end of The Writer, he's on the path, but he's not there yet. 

@Brad
    said:
    " I wouldn't hold my breath for more Alan Wake if I were you. Stranger things have happened, but... "

I honestly don't think Remedy is just going to let Alan Wake die after one outing. This is something that they're passionate about, and when you're passionate about something, you will find a way to succeed. We've seen it happen many times over.
    ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ShaneDev

I liked Barry so I hope if there is a new game that it he is in but I hope they fix his wifes face because she was creepy looking. I have no idea how the second game would even play out given the ending to the first but I thought Alice liked Barry, no? And speaking of a sequel I hope Remedy make one or at the very least that they do no go out of business.  

Avatar image for dancingpolkabear
    dancingpolkabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By dancingpolkabear

While I wish they made a sequel to this highly underappreciated game, I'm going to side with Brad here. 

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By OldGuy

Chance of AW getting a sequel... I'd say they aren't bad (but not a slam dunk certainly)... Some numbers, pulled at random from the GB Achievement Tracker: 
    Mass Effect - 24,562 players
    Red Dead Redemption - 18,529
    Mass Effect 2 - 18,509
    Borderlands - 16,819
    Alan Wake - 12,591
    Dragon Age: Origins - 10,671
    Enslaved - 4,285

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By CptBedlam

There's still a chance that Barry is not real...

Then again, the plot layers in AW seemed so desperately random, they can make up anything as they go. Anything can be real or not - which prevents me from caring about anything plot-related in AW or it's unlikable characters. Just give me some more creepy woods/TwinPeaks-atmosphere and I'm good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.