Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Antichamber

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jan 31, 2013

A first-person exploration/puzzle game set within a boldly-colored world with a focus on non-euclidean geometry and optical illusions.

Secret Rooms (Spoilers?)

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By abendlaender

I may be too stupid for some puzzles in Antichamber, but I'm not too stupid to find a bunch of secret rooms (well, I GUESS they are secret since there is nothing to do there)

Remember that pink block Ryan and Patrick "chased" during the Quick Look? Well, there are a bunch of them and I guess something special happens if you find them all? Who knows. But since I will never ever ever ever find all of them by my own I guess a thread would be a good idea?

-Window of Opportunity: If you run back and forth between the red/blue/green room eventually you will find a pink room.

-Link in a chain reaction: Just run straight ahead to the glass and turn right. The wall will disappear.

-The butterfly effect: Turn back, run throught the energy field and jump down the elevator.

-Managing ressources: Go through the left door and you will see a disappearing stair. Now instead of going throught it, build your own staircase with blocks and go upstairs.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Optix12

Yea potentially might need spoiler blocks in this if the title has a spoilers? in them, or atleast for the first page of replies.

I have yet to figure out what the purple blocks do when you chase them.

Theres about 4-5 different rooms on the design and build of the actual game, with the best room being labelled "peeking behind the curtails lets us see how everything works". Was also the most annoying one to get into.
    Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Still haven't figured the purple cube but the in order to get into the other rooms (at least the ones I found) you just solve a puzzle (which is not hidden in any way).

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By abendlaender

@Optix12 said:

Yea potentially might need spoiler blocks in this if the title has a spoilers? in them, or atleast for the first page of replies.

I have yet to figure out what the purple blocks do when you chase them.

Theres about 4-5 different rooms on the design and build of the actual game, with the best room being labelled "peeking behind the curtails lets us see how everything works". Was also the most annoying one to get into.

I put "spoilers" in the title of the thread so you don't have to use spoiler blocks in here...

Zeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Zeg

I wish I had kept track of how many purple cubes I found... and where. I think its probably been about 7-10 of them so far. They certainly make a chime when you push them through.

I also went to that empty room mentioned in the hint thread... it's empty, but a couple of bits leading up to it felt like I was doing it wrong. The room with the movement reactive balls I just ran around until the doors were both coincidentally open as I ran into them. And then the door to the empty room I stood in the laser just long enough to make the door be 'rising' so its momentum left it open just long enough to run through.

I've completed the picture wall and the map, so these seem to be the last secrets for me.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By abendlaender

I also found a concept art room (I don't think there is any more to it?) and a weird room with a lot of floating numbers, a plus sign, an arrow and a = sign on the floor.

Also this room where it says "26/11/2006 SNAKE"?

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

So I found all the the purple cubes (got a musical cue), don't know what to do now.

DrFoxbard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By DrFoxbard

There's a couple of concept art rooms, I've found art notes on the gun, a programming flowchart I don't understand, a map of the room that loops on itself a lot, pure concept art, and a room where you can see the wireframe of the cubes you place.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Bollard

@Mr_Skeleton said:

So I found all the the purple cubes (got a musical cue), don't know what to do now.

Is that all there is? Now I'm not sure if I found them all.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By abendlaender

So has anybody figured out what you need to do in the 26/11/2006 SNAKE Room?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Bollard

@Abendlaender said:

So has anybody figured out what you need to do in the 26/11/2006 SNAKE Room?

Nothing, it's just a screenshot of the first ever build of Antichamber. It's one of several bonus hidden rooms documenting the games development.

Avatar image for hexacyanoferrat
    Hexacyanoferrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Hexacyanoferrat

Well there is a post in the steam forum on how to find out how many and which of the purple cubes you found already. I saw it by pressing shift+tab while playing, it was displayed there. it's written in a .bin-file in the antichamber folder.

I am missing two rooms, at least as far as i can see on the map. One in "Connect the Pieces" and one in the first chamber with "JUMP" and then "WALK??". Does someone know how to find these hidden chambers?

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ViciousReiven

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.