Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alan Wake

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released May 14, 2010

When famous novelist Alan Wake goes on vacation with his wife Alice, he has no idea that the idyllic town of Bright Falls will soon be the site of a terrible battle between light and dark that could threaten everything, even Wake's own sanity.

CE or PC version?

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Barrock

Finally going to take the plunge and play Alan Wake. As a gigantic Stephen King fan I have a feeling I'm really going to love it. So should I go with the CE which is $55 or pay $29 for the PC version? The CE looks really nice and comes with some nifty exclusives. Any opinions?

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bybeach

Look at the steam site, you get the collecters edition dlc..whatever that means. all for 30.00 and what is reputed to be a good port. I haven't bought the PC version...yet. Gawd I want to.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#3  Edited By Kidavenger

The PC version comes with both the dlc addons, I'd go with that.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By gla55jAw

@Barrock said:

Finally going to take the plunge and play Alan Wake. As a gigantic Stephen King fan I have a feeling I'm really going to love it. So should I go with the CE which is $55 or pay $29 for the PC version? The CE looks really nice and comes with some nifty exclusives. Any opinions?

I bought the CE edition on eBay for $26, just sayin.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Barrock

@gla55jAw said:

@Barrock said:

Brand new? Hmmm. Did you read the book?

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#6  Edited By gla55jAw

@Barrock said:

@gla55jAw said:

@Barrock said:

Brand new? Hmmm. Did you read the book?

It is Like New/Mint, not new. I also found a new CE guide for $12, which I picked up. I haven't read the book yet. I'm going to after I play it, which I was going to soon, but just bought Syndicate. But if you really want the CE and want to save some bucks shop around. There are a few I see right now on eBay, one says opened, but never played, here's a new one.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By spazmaster666

@Barrock said:

Get the PC version. Steam is currently selling the CE edition for $30 (which include the "The Alan Wake Files" bonus, it's just a digital copy, not a physical book.) Also the PC version contains both DLC (which actually continue the story) and looks much better as well.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Masha2932

Just get the PC version. It comes with all the DLC (except American Nightmare) and it looks great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.