Live video player not loading

stalefishies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A number of people (including me!) are having this issue, so I thought I'd put it here. The player on giantbomb.com/chat gets stuck on 'Loading Video' (and the player does not ever load) if 'performance cookies' are disabled. Allowing performance cookies fixes it, but that still sounds like a bug behind the scenes.

I'm on Firefox 89.0.2 64-bit and Windows 10, and still happens with adblocker turned off, but a bunch of people in chat seemed to have the same issue so it might not be browser-related.

Console dump with performance cookies disabled:

No Caption Provided

cLoudForest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Live streams have stopped working for me entirely for the past couple of weeks on an iPad. Tried several different browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari. Can’t really give much more details than that. No ad blocker involved and I’ve tested logged in and logged out, but nothing seems to work.

Zephyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same as above. Streams are just loading forever, tried both Firefox and Chrome with adblocker disabled. Someone in chat mentioned setting the stream to low quality helped them, but I'm not even getting the option to select stream quality.

Avatar image for deactivated-64be7a3eaf1a0
deactivated-64be7a3eaf1a0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm getting the same, ad blocker turned off and tried it on Firefox, Edge and Chrome.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Hey the bug for this is on the table to be looked at - I can't promise an ETA but it's on the docket. Sorry for the trouble.

janekerrhv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By janekerrhv

Has the bug been fixed? I already downloaded another video player to be able to watch movies. I was using this video player for two years, but when this bug appeared, I can't normally watch a movie. I downloaded OmniPlayer, and I can say that I like it more, even though it has practically the same features. The main difference that I have noticed is that it is loading a little bit faster video files than the previous video player. But I can say that the difference is very noticeable. Also the quality of the video is a little bit better.

https://okaapps.com/product/1470926410

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@janekerrhv: I couldn’t watch UPF yesterday on my tablet on either Chrome or Edge but it worked using “Bomb Cyclone” app on iOS. So I guess if you’re on an iPad you can try downloading that app as a solution.