Will GB ever be able to compete the likes of IGN, 1UP and GS?

• 167 results
tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#151  Edited By tomance

I feel that right now they are ironing out bugs and getting all of the submissions in line.  After that they said they are going to have more editorial content.   It may take time but I think it can.

Derios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#152  Edited By Derios

I don't want it to become a big game website, i wouldn't mind it staying a community site. Just as long as those 4 guys are here, i'm here.

Dakota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#153  Edited By Dakota

I believe that GB is focused on different stuff than those other sites, and so I don't see it becoming quite as popular. Certainly it could happen, but they would need to atleast triple their staff, which they have said they have no intention to do at the moment.

Conner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#154  Edited By Conner

Well remember, this is a beta. The site is nearly finished. I'm sure we will start catching up with other sites as our wiki feature is very addictive and more members will want to use it.

mathewballard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#155  Edited By mathewballard

I think it will. But does it really matter if it can. This site is doing something different then those other sites, I don't really think they are trying to compete with the bigger sites. But I can say that this and joystiq are the only places I go as far as videogames go.

mac512k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By mac512k

I think this site is a bit different then the other ones, while those sites are more like a review/preview focused site this is more of a wiki collecting game data and information on anything gaming. I think this site would compete more (in the long run) with any other game wiki site out there.  But i'll be coming to this site more and more as it gets filled with content. 

JibaaJabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By JibaaJabba

13,000 + people ....... dude it already is

Disclaim3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Disclaim3r

I don't think this site was ever set out to be like that. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to just be a community based, well rounded, burger filled, good time. None of that corporate competition bull.

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#159  Edited By Disgaeamad

I think the more important question is if we actually want to compete against other sites, as I'm not really seeing the point in doing so. I mean, we already have enough traffic as it is, we don't need anymore exposure.

SlimDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By SlimDogg

I think someday maybe. I don't really care if it does. It is my favorite website now as is.

Avatar image for mario_galaxy_fan
Mario_Galaxy_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Its early days but it has potential.

PaperPlain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By PaperPlain

In my eyes it is better than all due to the amount of user power. This is the kind of site I've always hoped for.

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#163  Edited By BlackWaterCO
claysol13 said:
"Don't forget the people that write for this are old Gamespot employees and all that jazz, they will have this all ironed out.  This site is not definite, its merely an open beta.
"

Im sure they will have news updates soon enough
epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By epic_pets

Look at the forums, their going as fast as any forums in the net right now

realkilla789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By realkilla789

may be someday

SonicFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By SonicFire

I Think that this site is going for something different. I think instead of some giant, megalithic news source, it's going to remain more of a database and user resource. Like they said, they want to build a community around the site. I don't think that we need posting levels or any nonsense like that; in fact, I'm always amazed by people who would post about 2000 times on this site just so that they can see their names on the top of a list... seriously, don't be that guy...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it NEEDS to, but maybe it will eventually, who cares, I like this site for what it does and whats it, I dont want it to become something else.

Jordan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Jordan23

Yes, Giant Bomb will be able to compete with those juggernauts of online gaming sites. First and foremost, GB has some very likeable game journalists and they been in the business for quite sometime now. There isn't bias game reviews and they tell it like it is (*cough* Kane & Lynch *cough*), and I love an good honest game reviewer. Over a long period of time, Giant Bomb will establish an healthy fan base and grow into something even bigger. You can definitely count me on board to continue to support the GB staff.

PS... I hope the guys at Giant Bomb eventually create an show like: 1UP Show and On The Spot.