Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Remedy Entertainment Ltd.

Company »

Remedy Entertainment is a small game development studio based in Espoo, Finland.

New Remedy IP "Project 7" to be published by 505 Games

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

Remedy Entertainment have signed a publishing deal with 505 Games regarding a new IP codenamed "Project 7". With the deal announced today, 505 gains 20 years of exclusive publishing rights to the new Remedy IP. The publisher has also invested €7.75 million to the development of the game, which sounds like a very low number by modern standards.

The only info on P7 so far is that it will be "a cinematic third person action game" (that sounds familiar) and that it's planned to be released on the PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I played Abzu today (which is a 505 Games game). I didn't really care for it. Eh, just wanted to mention that. I'm always excited to see what Remedy makes. The Max Payne games are good (though I think two is superior to one in just about every way), and Alan Wake is one of my favorite games of last-gen, which I have played several hours of each year since its release (and have actually played it relatively recently since the new Twin Peaks show is coming). Quantum Break was... 'fair'. It was pretty disappointing. I am not sure how I am feeling about the recent news of Remedy seeming to develop more than one game. I know it's cliche to say now, but come on, I want Alan Wake 2. The video they showed of it really impressed me, just with what they planned to do with A.I.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By isomeri

@ntm: The quality and variety of games 505 have put out has been all over the place. I really liked Abzu and Brothers was one of my favourite games of whatever year it was when it came out. But then they also put out that Blackwater game, so who knows. But a solid Remedy title could be just what they need to wedge a door open to the big leagues.

And I agree that it seems risky for Remedy to split off into so many different teams. But I can understand the need for it, because working on these huge titles five years at a time can probably get really strenuous and restricting. I've still got hope for Alan Wake 2.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it Address Unknown, the game? You have to tell me if it is.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seven? Are they wishing for luck on this one?

Hopefully, it has a more profound meaning.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seven? Are they wishing for luck on this one?

Hopefully, it has a more profound meaning.

If you exclude Agents of Storm, which was a mobile game, and include Alan Wake's American Nightmare then this would be the seventh major game that Remedy will put out. You could even exclude American Nightmare if you count the upcoming CrossFire 2 as their sixth title.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Giant_Gamer

@isomeri: According to the wiki page here this is their seventh project.

But why did you exclude Agents of Storm? Is there something missing from the wiki page?

By counting it and American Nightmare, this becomes their seventh project.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By conmulligan

I'm down for another Remedy game. I really liked Alan Wake even though supernatural shit isn't usually my jam and Quantum Break was a pretty good time despite having some issues so even if this is a lower budget affair I'm optimistic it'll grab my attention. I hope they tackle a new genre, though; I'd love to see a Remedy take on spy fiction or maybe a period piece, for instance.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giant_gamer:

1. Death Rally
    2. Max Payne
    3. Max Payne 2
    4. Alan Wake
    5. Alan Wake's American Nightmare
    6. Quantum Break
    7. "Project 7"

Agents of the Storm would make it 8.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Giant_Gamer

@conmulligan: Actually, this might be a good thing for them as they won't have the publisher breathing down their necks, demanding that it should look as good as other high budget games or even better. Hopefully, a lower budget will make them focus on the game part more than anything else.

@isomeri: oh, sorry i miscounted!

WheresDerrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WheresDerrick
    @giant_gamer said:

@conmulligan: Actually, this might be a good thing for them as they won't have the publisher breathing down their necks, demanding that it should look as good as other high budget games or even better. Hopefully, a lower budget will make them focus on the game part more than anything else.

I dunno, they made Max Payne 1 and 2 look extremely good for their time; the first time was with 3DRealms and the second was with 3DRealms and Rockstar. Remedy has just always strived for high quality

I'm just hoping they release games more often. Remedy has always had enjoyable games with a specific feel to them, but they always end up being short, so the ~3-5 years between them just feels unbearable.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Please be Alan Wake 2. Please be Alan Wake 2

I have no idea what it actually will be

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By BoOzak
    @captain_insano said:

Please be Alan Wake 2. Please be Alan Wake 2

I have no idea what it actually will be

I'm guessing it wont be Alan Wake or Quantum Break 2 since Microsoft published those. (although it doesnt make it impossible, just highly unlikely) Also "new IP" ;p

@giant_gamer said:

Agreed, Quantom Break felt like a bloated big budget game that had very hollow gameplay. I wouldnt even mind if they used a Max Payne esque graphic novel style for their cutscenes.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Remedy's great, and I absolutely loved Quantum Break. So I'll play whatever this turns out to be.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glots said:

A game based off a fake show in another game? Remedy almost seems crazy enough to do it almost. I kind of want that now, damn.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By isomeri

Remedy is aiming to list itself into the Nasdaq First North stock exchange during this month. The documentation required for this has included some interesting tidbits about the company and its upcoming games.

On page 34 of this brochure, a paragraph talks about Project 7 in Finnish. This part freely translates to: "P7 will provide more player freedom than previous Remedy games, including multiple ways to achieve objectives and character progression, guaranteeing a long-lasting game experience." So in other words, Project 7 will have some sort of RPG elements.

Also, Remedy made a profit of almost 4 million euros last year, which is assumed to mostly be the bonus from Microsoft for finishing Quantum Break. The company also made a profit in 2015, 2014 and 2013, even though the only game they released during that time was the mobile game Agents of the Storm in 2014.

Finally, talking about the future of the company, the documentation states (again loosely translated) that Remedy will "continue building partnerships with companies such as Microsoft and Smilegate". The Smilegate cooperation is around the Crossfire 2 project, but this mention of Microsoft certainly is interesting. And there sure are a lot of mentions of the importance of the Alan Wake property in these papers.

It's been a busy Thursday and I haven't been able to read through all the materials yet. There might be some more interesting details in here, so I'll try to parse through it all during the weekend.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

AAA or bust.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@glots said:

Give me Lords and Ladies the game.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@isomeri said:

On page 34 of this brochure, a paragraph talks about Project 7 in Finnish. This part freely translates to: "P7 will provide more player freedom than previous Remedy games, including multiple ways to achieve objectives and character progression, guaranteeing a long-lasting game experience." So in other words, Project 7 will have some sort of RPG elements.

Yes, but the "multiple ways" thing is interesting. I think their games have had basically zero of that before so sounds like something that I personally enjoy that could help them in grow in gameplay.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Oh, that seems good for 505. I feel like they've been making some good moves lately.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.