Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tekken 7

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Mar 18, 2015

The seventh main installment of the Tekken series brings the conflict within the Mishima clan to its conclusion.

When were console ports announced?

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 11

As far as everywhere on the internet seems to be concerned, the game is still only confirmed for Arcades. Furthermore, May of 2015 seems a bit soon for a port; super few games are ported that quickly, and seeing past Tekkens, that would break the cycle.

If anybody can provide where it was announced, I'd greatly appreciate it.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

Every Tekken ever had a console port up until now, there is no reason to believe it will be different this time. Furthermore at EVO 2015 the Tekken 7 arcade cabinets will support PS4 controller support. No specific release date has been announced yet but I am willing to bet decembre 2015 launch on consoles.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wii u hit scloosive :yes:

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By GERALTITUDE

They have not been officially announced, just rumored due to Tekken's previous release history.

Keep in mind T7 is build on Unreal Engine 4. This means porting is going to be nothing like it was in the past and theoretically, yeah, the ports could be out much faster than usual.

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 11

Every Tekken ever had a console port up until now, there is no reason to believe it will be different this time.

Well...pshh YEAH. But you don't add ports to a GB (or any Wiki) unless they've been confirmed. There's a difference between it being a very good bet and it actually being said. The point is, the article says "Ports have been announced..." and gives a date. Y'shouldn't say that if it hasn't happened.

Keep in mind T7 is build on Unreal Engine 4. This means porting is going to be nothing like it was in the past and theoretically, yeah, the ports could be out much faster than usual.

I don't know how any of this engine stuff works so I didn't know that. So then maybe an earlier port is potentially a thing, but May still seems super early.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Putting a fighting game in only Arcade in this day and age would be utter suicide from a business standpoint. Not officially announced, but it'll happen probably sooner rather than later.

Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Even during the EVO game announcement stream they didn't mention that the console version would even be released in time for EVO. As far as I know they're using arcade cabinets to play the tournament there. So maybe sometime after EVO unless that all was a red herring and it's coming out before EVO as a surprise.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

@geraltitude said:

I don't know how any of this engine stuff works so I didn't know that. So then maybe an earlier port is potentially a thing, but May still seems super early.

Yeah I'm with you, May is early. Historically Namco has always used Japanese arcades to balance the game for what is usually a pretty damn long time. From months to years. I'd wager the same thing happens here, but perhaps they will release a Beta for console? Or some such similar tactic.

The problem is this: Namco controls their arcade machines can update the shit out of them no problem. It's great for balancing. Get data - update - make changes - get data, keep going. And while we now live in a "connected world" where they could treat the console versions the same, that just isn't tradition. Usually the shipping console game is The Game.

Crysack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If T7 follows the pattern of older Tekkens, we'll likely see a second iteration of the game before we actually see a console version (ala Tag 2 Unlimited).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.