Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Series X|S

Platform »

The fourth Xbox console from Microsoft launched on November 10, 2020 with two distinct models; Series X and Series S.

Having some problems with the controller

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hey gang,

I'm having a little issue with my controller and using a headset for audio.

Earlier today, I plugged my computer headset into the 3.5 slot on the controller and it automatically detected it and audio came out of it.

Now, 5 hours later, it's not working at all and I don't understand why. I've tried three different sets of headphones and there's no audio coming from them, at all.

Now there's a slight static from the headphones when they're plugged into the controller which makes me think there's power and they're working, but no xbox audio at all comes through them.

I've tried going through every option in the settings, I've restarted the console several times with the headphones In and out, and I'm at my wits end

Any ideas?

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Are the batteries on the controller dying?

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I assume the controller has one of those reset buttons on it that you have to use a pin to press, try that as well. And im sure you have but double check the settings and google some Microsoft guides to double check you are not missing something minor. If its not broken the only other thing i can think of is that the headset is not plugged in enough. My brother had that problem every so often with his headset on a PS4 controller. Looked and felt like he had it plugged in, but he needed a little extra force to actually plug it in all the way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.