Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 21, 2015

The first of three downloadable side-scrolling platformer spin-offs of the Assassin's Creed series, focusing on an Assassin in 16th-century China.

Surprisingly good 2D stealth game

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I bought this after watching the QL and i found it actually really fun and rewarding. The difficulty ramps up steadily with each level and there are some creative ways for bypassing enemies.

There's not much to the story but one cut-scene suggests that the following games(ACC: India and Russia) will revolve around this box that Shao Jun got from Ezio in the AC: Embers short film.

I've never played Mark of the Ninja but i'm guessing i would enjoy it after playing this.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I have Mark of the Ninja but never played it either (yes, shame on me). If it's anything like this game, then great. I thought it was very enjoyable.

I got frustrated in spots, but that was mostly due to me aiming for perfect stealth. I love Shao Jun's design, but unfortunately, the story is a little thin and doesn't really give her much of a character. There is quite a bit of backstory you can read though.

If you have played Freedom Cry and more importantly Rogue, you know what the box is. That thing traveled.

Anyway, I definitely recommend it.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Yeah, this game rules. It's maybe my favourite AC game since II (I did not care for boats)

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@strife777 said:

If you have played Freedom Cry and more importantly Rogue, you know what the box is. That thing traveled.

I had to look at the wiki to refresh my memory but i guess you're right. Makes sense give what Ezio said about it helping Shao "find her way".

I've been playing the game on PC with XBone controller but I've been having some frustration with the left stick being super sensitive. I'll have Shao hanging from a ledge and then, without touching the stick, she will pull up when i don't want her to. I switched over to the keyboard as playing a game like this requires a finer touch.

Substance_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Mark of the Ninja is much better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.