Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed II

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

The second installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise follows the life of Ezio Auditore da Firenze as he seeks revenge on those who betrayed his family.

Assassin's Creed 2 - Screens

• 66 results
    dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By dj

Fantastic.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Hamz said:
    "Linkyshinks said:
    "Just a logical observation here. Those guards in Armour, if they are wearing heavy Armour, they wont be able to swim and give chase.

Perhaps, the real Armour that city guards wore at the time had something akin to a quick release mechanism, where they could drop Armour plates with a sufficient degree of ease and give chase if need be. My thinking is that some guards, had to have Armour that allowed them to do that. while others had specialized Armour, made of bound leather that was flexible and light enough to allow for swimming at an instant.  "
    I do remember reading somewhere they have plans for making the combat system far less repetitive and providing more options for players. So perhaps you're right, you fight the heavy armoured guys, find you are going to lose if you continue and decide to make a run for it. Being heavily armoured they can't keep up, so you get to safety, but perhaps those guards will remember you and recognise you if they see you in the area again?"
    One can only hope.
    Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Osaladin

Halberd ftw, I'm interested to see how an assassin will use that particular weapon. Looks they are fixing my biggest issue with the game, the repetitiveness.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I, for one, cannot fucking wait for this game.

The Altair/Desmond/Assassin model, the whole art direction they took as regards his costume--brilliant.  I think it looks badass. But then again, it wouldn't take much for me to say that, considering how much I enjoyed the first Assassin's Creed.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#55  Edited By dsplayer1010

Looking good. But what's with the black rectangles? Were you covering up a watermark?

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#56  Edited By papercut

You can swim! awesome!

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By Drebin_893

Oh, by the way I just wanted to point out that these screens show that there will be a Day and Night cycle in the sequal, which was absent in the original.

Giuseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Giuseppe
    Drebin_893 said:
    "Oh, by the way I just wanted to point out that these screens show that there will be a Day and Night cycle in the sequal, which was absent in the original."

Yea, that should be cool.
    Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59  Edited By Gunner

too many filters.

looks ok though.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Gunner said:
    "too many filters. looks ok though."
    Those aren't filters... Its a magazine scan...
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#61  Edited By jakob187

I can swim, right?

Then it's automatically better than the first game.
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

The first one was amazing, but it suffered from concept without gameplay.
    They made an amazing system and it worked, but there was not thought put the the gameplay and the stealth wasn't really there

Giuseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Giuseppe
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "The first one was amazing, but it suffered from concept without gameplay.They made an amazing system and it worked, but there was not thought put the the gameplay and the stealth wasn't really there"

Oh yea, sometimes I thought where was the stealth? It was just to easy. It wasn't one of those game were like you got caught it was over (Not that I wanted it to be like that, I like the option to chase them down) but I felt the stealth could've been much better.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64  Edited By Linkyshinks
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "The first one was amazing, but it suffered from concept without gameplay.They made an amazing system and it worked, but there was not thought put the the gameplay and the stealth wasn't really there"

True.

It would have been so much better if that Jade Raymond wasn't working on it. 

IVIorpheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By IVIorpheus

It looks like the guy has a popped collar....

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#66  Edited By fugie7

Iv already saw these pictures on my game informer mag and it looks great, but i would want to see a little bit of gameplay or something maybe a demo on the xbox market would be great.

FordFairlane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#67  Edited By FordFairlane

I just rented the first one and the fact that touching water does not equal instant death is a major improvement by itself.  The repetitive nature of the missions was so uniformly criticized I have to hope that was one of the first things they tackled in the sequel.  The cities are created so lifelike that although this is an action/adventure game, it really calls for sidequests fleshed out at an RPG level.

I've read that people thought it was repetitive to go to the same cities over and over again, but I thought I'd rather they spend more time making three cities as lifelike as possible than give me more superficial locales.
    One thing I do hope they improve is the distinctiveness of the districts within the cities.  When I play a game like Grand Theft Auto, after a certain point, I know the city well enough that I almost don't need the map anymore.  While the cities in the original looked great, they were so uniform that I could never tell where I was in the city without consulting the map over and over.  Also, please superimpose any of the intel you gather on the map; fishing out those attachments was so unwieldy that I never applied the intel I gathered to my mission.

As far as flag-fetching goes: In most games, this is an annoyance or a throw-in, but the  free-running mechanic in Assassin's Creed is so much fun, it's actually well-built for flag-hunting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.