Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed II

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

The second installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise follows the life of Ezio Auditore da Firenze as he seeks revenge on those who betrayed his family.

Assassin's Creed 3 Setting? (spoilers)

Marlowefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By Marlowefire

Did any one else notice that in the last part with the batons, when you sheath a disarmed baton it makes the sword SCHWING noise? I laughed my ass off. a little lazy, but im willing to overlook that minor oversight because this game was fun as hell

ericyoung0322

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By ericyoung0322

Modern day is defiantly the setting for the next game. As far as the gun issue, it'll be the year 2012, today in the year 2009 we already have body armor for the military that is 100% effective at stopping bullets. Go look up something called Dragon Skin body armor. So in the year 2012 no doubt they'll have armor that'll be light weight and be able to stop bullets. Desmond will simple be equipped with a bunch of awesome armor and new assassin weapons. Guns won't be that big of an issue because the bad guys will be equip with bullet proof armor and so will you, so your only alternative will be to run up and stab them in the face with your blades. Desmond will probably have some sort of hand gun or another gun built into your hidden blade, but it won't be that practical to run around shooting all the templars because guns are loud and give away your position. 
    As for everyone saying "JAPAN!!!" don't be simple. How is Desmond's ancestors go from Europe to the far East? The cool thing about Assassin's creed is this is a unique take on assassin's. It's not the tired played out Ninja idea, it's unique and fresh.  
    Also if there is some sort of history setting it'll probably be Europe or Americas sometime between 1600-1900's. I don't see them doing 1100's in AC1 and 1400's in AC2 then to jump all the way back to the BCE. 

phoenixflames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#103  Edited By phoenixflames

I read on another site that Ubisoft always planned for the series to be a triology. The story will be resolved in the next game. An early post suggested a possible AC4. AC4 will probably only happen if Ubisoft wants to milk the series and the story in that game would just be shoe-horned into the Universe.

After the ending, it's pretty obvious that AC3 will play a much bigger role in 2012 with Desmond. The revelations of Minerva and Lucy pretty much stress the importance of Desmond saving the world. If Desmond is in the animus reliving the past, it would seem the historical settings will take a much more reduced role to let Desmond have his world saving adventure. 

An interesting "What if" that I've been having since completing the game last night, what if the animus isn't even in Assassin's Creed 3? Desmond starts to have more Bleeding Effect dream like skips through time like Subject 16 had towards the end of his life. More Altair flashbacks while not in the animus. For the first two games, the series focused more on the past, and a few highlights of the future. What if AC3 is the reverse, and this time, no time period in the past if the focus? 

Desmond saving the world in 2012 is the primary focus, but in between assassination missions, Desmond's bleeding effect dreams let him skip through time. Revisit Altair at his last peak at the Apple before his "death"... see Ezio with his wife and continue the Assassin Bloodline... witness Atlair's sons go after  KHAIN!!!... See a World War II flashback where you play the assassin that kills Hitler in his bunker... Lastly, play a role as Adam escaping Eden with Eve to witness what happened with "Those Who Came Before."

D3TONATOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#104  Edited By D3TONATOR

i think the main character in ac3 is desmond because in ac2 his become a real assassin and everything is ready to he start his personal story

Indestined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Indestined

I'm not looking as forward to playing as Desmond as it would seem others are... Personally like stated above I love the historical feeling to AC, one of my main reasons for playing the game.

Not to mention the world is pretty well built up in alot of areas, which limits them to worn down countries to gain the full effect of the free running.

septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#106  Edited By septim

Yeah I would be really sad to see the series abandon it's historical settings that it just perfected.

I think that the third game will have you alternate between the modern plot-line and it's historical setting almost on the fly via the "bleeding effect". I thought the first game pulled you out of the Animus a little too often, whereas the sequel it didn't happen quite enough. I'm hoping that the conclusion will be epic in that it might have two or three different eras broken up by the Abstergo current stuff.

Krazy_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Krazy_D

I think Ryan meant that the games going to the cabin :P But, I'd imagine that we'll go some time in and around ww2, it'd be sick to play in nazi germany, however, it may be too much like Saboteur, I think we'll go back to that time due to a high concentration of people using Pieces of Eden around that time, if you look at the Truth puzzles, Nicola Tesla had one, and then he had it stolen by Thomas Edison, after that, he gave it to Henry Ford, who sent it to Hitler, Hitler was meant to send it off to a man named... C. This was probobally Churchill, they said that all of WW2 was a scheme to bring the world into a unified peace, so these templars could take other, however, it seems that Hitler was assassinated, and ruined there plan... what happened to this Peice of Eden ?

ragingbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By ragingbull

THERE IS NO REASON TO GO BACK IN THE ANIMUS!! 

Avatar image for the_philosopher
    The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#109  Edited By The_Philosopher
    @alConn: 
    Dude when he gets back into the animus it is just so he can fuck around during the van ride, in other words so the player can do side missions etc. I think that there will be alot of Desmond levels in AC3 but i'm sure there will be some more animus stuff as well.
    GrosslyIgnored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By GrosslyIgnored

What about bouncing around in the game as the statue's of pervious assassin's who's sarcophagus' you find? and i would love Feudal Japan but how are you gonna free run as much there? that would be taking out a key element in the game.

ragingbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By ragingbull

japan is really overused, 2012 isnt when it comes to videogames

ames25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By ames25

maybe Altair had a child with one of the chicks following Ghengis Khan (sp?) or maybe he had a daughter that had a kid with one of the Ghengis Khan followers.. that's just a possibility for how the asian part would start in Desmond's ancestry but honestly I don't think it will be set in Asia.  Desmond will probably do a lot of going back withOUT the animus, as shown in the second one.  He'll learn to control that and he'll go back in time to investigate where these Temples are that Minerva talked about.. Then he'll search them in present time to acquire all the other pieces of Eden..  I'm pretty sure if you read the codex pages that it talks about other pieces of eden anyways

phoenixflames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By phoenixflames

Altair married and had at least two sons with Maria, the former Templar that was a decoy for Robert De Sable. She was also the woman making loving to Altair during Desmond's Bleeding Effect dream. 

If you read the codex pages, you'd know Altair wrote that he was going to talk with Maria about sending their boys after Khan because Altair thought he was too old to handle the situation himself. 

Reading the text in the Auditore crypt, you learn that somehow Altair's Codex gets in the hands of Kublai Khan.  Kublai Khan gives the Codex to Marco Polo, and Polo gives the Codex to Ezio's Great Grandfather (the creator of the Villa) to deliver the codex to Spain where the templar's intercept it. 

Now, Kublai Khan did invade Japan in 1274 and 1281, Marco Polo was in the Mongol Empire between 1275 and 1292. 
    So, point being, a Ubisoft could fit in a story in Japan, but it seems like it could be a bit of a stretch. 

Unless Desmond skips through different time periods during AC3, I would think it would be strange to fit in a character that takes place between Altair and Ezio. The villa crypt explains the story of the founding Auditore, so unless they base a game on Ezio's great GREAT grandfather... what's the point of Japan?

I also find it odd that a lot of people calling for feudal Japan don't want a ninja game. They want a samurai game. That's doesn't make sense either. The gameplay of Assassin's Creed is more in line for a Ninja style game. How many times have we ever seen the Samurai archetype being agile, having sealth assassinations, and jumping from rooftop to rooftop? That's a ninja thing, not a Samurai. 
    PwnUrAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By PwnUrAss

ok ok

i am Quoting 

Assassins Creed 3 will see Desmond become the Ultimate Assassin

Assassin's Creed 2’s creative director, Patrice Désilets, at E3 2009 exclaimed “I’m telling you. At the end of AC2 you’ll say‚ ‘Holy crap, I never saw it coming!’ There will be a cliffhanger. It’s cool to have a cliffhanger,” that leads into Assassin’s Creed 3.

The brains behind the Assassin’s Creed series feels that you need to experience a bit of frustration at the game’s completion, with a new way to replay completed missions countering some of that nagging feeling. As well as still having secrets hidden in the game, like the glowing writing on the wall at the end of Assassin's Creed 1 . About that Patrice says “It has nothing to do with Assassin’s Creed 2,what's written on the wall has to do with the Assassin’s Creed universe, not the second one.”

“Assassins Creed has always been planned to be a trilogy, and Desmond is going back in time, using the Animus to eventually become the ultimate assassin.”

If the above didn’t hint at another sequel enough… Later that same week Ubisoft re-confirmed Assassin’s Creed 2 is the second game in an intended Trilogy, “with all parts telling the story of the ultimate assassin.”

When asked if in the game series’ future Desmond’s story will move away from the Animus, a representative said: “It’s always been planned to be a trilogy, and Desmond is going back [in time, using the Animus] to [eventually] become the ultimate assassin. Can’t tell you any more, though.”

Do you think Desmond will be a good enough assassin to stop the end of the world on December 21, 2012?

September 2009 update: Assassin’s Creed 2’s creative director Patrice Desilets is busy finishing the second game’s development, and mentions he’s looking forward to rounding out the trilogy. To quote the Joystiq & VG247 interviews: “I have many different ideas. I’m not ready yet to exploit them. I think I have some juice left in me left to continue this. I’ve been doing Assassin’s Creed games for the past six years. It’s tough to be bored. I was a bit bored with the Turk crusade and the monk aspect, and everything, but in this there’s a brand new setting. And it’s my first sequel; I never did a sequel before, because I didn’t do any Prince of Persia sequels. I love the idea of refining your ideas, the gameplay
    and what you can do with it. So I’m not bored yet.” I wonder what change of scenery we can expect in Assassin’s Creed 3?

November 2009 update: The November issue of Xbox World 360 magazine has an interview with Assassin’s Creed producer Sébastien Puel, where he talked about Ubisoft’s ideas for Assassin’s Creed 3! To quote:

“We’ve had discussions on that very topic. It could be really interesting but we’d need to find the right time period and place for that. Where would that make sense? We don’t want to just decide we want to change and have a female hero as the first inspiration is always the time period, but if you’re talking about, say, World War II the economies in England and France were run by women because the men were off fighting. So maybe in this context you were a woman in England during WWII. Why not? Nothing prevents us from doing it. I’m often asked if we’re doing a third game after ACII… I mean, we could do 35 of these.”

I am mostlly positive that it won't be in modern time, because they didn't expect that when they find the vault a "God" would talk to Desmond not Ezio. They would want to find out more yes the purpose of AC2 was to train desmond but it took another turn at the end idk if u get what am talking about but it will not be in modern day, it may even go back to adam and eve, what i am thinking is altiar will defintlly show up again to explain the writing in the 30th Codex Page, or somehow. I am certian it won't be based on modern time NO WAY.

Either way if guns or no guns, if the game will still have the climbing and hidden blades then i am still gonna play it XD
    ragingbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By ragingbull

WHY THE TRAINING IF NO MODERN TIMES AC??

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#116  Edited By unsolvedparadox
    @ragingbull said:
    " WHY THE TRAINING IF NO MODERN TIMES AC?? "
    It doesn't have to happen in the 3rd game, though (at least, no more than the 2nd one). This concept is so rich with possibilities, I'd really like to see Ubisoft explore a lot more of the major conflicts and historically significant times before concluding the series.
    kenjisalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#117  Edited By kenjisalk

I don't know why the most obvious outcome isn't painfully apparent to many posting with ??? face in this thread.

Desmond and the gang have a mission:  To use the animus to gain info on the locations of the temples before the Templars can get their hands on them.

How is he going to get that info?

BY GETTING IN THE ANIMUS AND ACCESSING THE MEMORIES OF ONE OF HIS ANCESTORS FURTHER ALONG IN THE TIMELINE.

If they could access memories of someone from the ancient advanced civilization that created the Pieces of Eden, they would have by now, and it would be an insanely easy route to their goals.

Odds are, someone post-Renaissance who is related to Desmond gains access to this info, and you will spend a good portion of the third game switching back and forth from Animus role play, and globe-trotting to each temple in search of info on the looming apocalypse.  

I'd say you're likely to spend the next game 60% of the time in the animus, and 40% of the time duking it out with 2012 Templars as Desmond.  

Suggesting that the third game will be lacking animus time fun (or that the time fun would be in made-up ancient times) just seems insanely contrary to what this series has been about.

zpalca391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By zpalca391

So I just beat finished the game and was very satisfied. As luck would have it, earlier in the night I was watching the discovery channel and the show was about December 21, 2012, which is a response to the movie 2012 that just hit the theaters.  Pretty crazy stuff. Its based on a Mayan calender and states that the magnetic poles will suddenly reverse thus crumbling the crust beneath our feet. The sun will poor radiation into the atmosphere and volcanoes will erupt.  The end result is basically a nuclear winter.  This brings me to a few questions. Are the pieces of Eden going  to put a stop to doomsday? I thought we were trying to preserve free will, which is the opposite intention of the Templar. AC1 and AC2 both make references to December 21, 2012.  I thought after the ending of AC1 we would be using the map to seek out these lost treasures, but I guess there are still 4 or 5 to go? Anything is possible in AC3, we will certainly play as Desmond in modern day, but the creator has already released possible settings. One would be a WW2 time, but the main character would possibly be a woman ( huge mistake, way to alienate your market segment). Another option could be in the times of King Aurthur (not to shabby). Either way, the first two games have been superb and I have all the confidence that the trilogy ending will be worth the wait. We will get AC3 release dates spring 2012. They may consider releasing the game on Dec 21, 2012, but I certainly hope not. Get back to me with your feedback. 

zpalca391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By zpalca391

So I just beat finished the game and was very satisfied. As luck would have it, earlier in the night I was watching the discovery channel and the show was about December 21, 2012, which is a response to the movie 2012 that just hit the theaters.  Pretty crazy stuff. Its based on a Mayan calender and states that the magnetic poles will suddenly reverse thus crumbling the crust beneath our feet. The sun will poor radiation into the atmosphere and volcanoes will erupt.  The end result is basically a nuclear winter.  This brings me to a few questions. Are the pieces of Eden going  to put a stop to doomsday? I thought we were trying to preserve free will, which is the opposite intention of the Templar. AC1 and AC2 both make references to December 21, 2012.  I thought after the ending of AC1 we would be using the map to seek out these lost treasures, but I guess there are still 4 or 5 to go? Anything is possible in AC3, we will certainly play as Desmond in modern day, but the creator has already released possible settings. One would be a WW2 time, but the main character would possibly be a woman ( huge mistake, way to alienate your market segment). Another option could be in the times of King Aurthur (not to shabby). Either way, the first two games have been superb and I have all the confidence that the trilogy ending will be worth the wait. We will get AC3 release dates spring 2012. They may consider releasing the game on Dec 21, 2012, but I certainly hope not. Get back to me with your feedback. 

nnilley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#120  Edited By nnilley

Id say maybe 1789–1799 during the French Revolution? Maybe his name is Sean-Pierre Baguette?

cerealthriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By cerealthriller

So. My two cents. There is a lot of good speculation on here, and I'm gonna try and piece some of it together in what I think we'd all enjoy.  

It is gonna be presented/near future pre-apocolytpic 2012. Desmond is an Assassin. He takes the Creed. The animus is still used, possibly in a few portions throughout the game in order to get a new perspective on the environment and find things, like the location of temples, Eden, other artifacts. Maybe he'll hit up some WWII, some Japan, Latin America? Who knows. But I bet the premise of the game will be to hunt down the other temples mentioned in the end, and you'll probably need other artifacts (some are mentioned in the codex pages "Golden Fleece") to access them. I hope the game happens on the global scale.I hope the game has guns, and cool modern weapons, and I hope we retain the knife gauntlets, but add some sweet modern stuff to it all. I think the key to unlocking what AS3 will be like is hidden in The Truth, and the codex pages, and the ending. 

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By ryanwho
    @ragingbull said:
    " THERE IS NO REASON TO GO BACK IN THE ANIMUS!!  "
    Prequels, dude. Look at Star Wars, look at Halo. You have the 3 part arc, and then, you get a billion prequels. Looking at their goofy timeline, there are like 12 assassins that could potentially get their own games in prequels.
    leinheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By leinheart

Well to everyone leaning toward a modern set 2012 AC remember that at the end of AC2 Minerva talked about finding the "temples of those who protected The Truth" so Desmond still might have to hop back in the animus to find out were those buggers are

tywoz32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By tywoz32

No dude rember at the vault where the weird lady says find the other temples one of them looked like a mayan or aztec. then after the fighting as desmond scene during the credits lucy says like the earths magnetic feild is f@#) up the sun will make a huge solar thing that mess ups earth so the timeline not nazis you will be desomd this time the ultimate assassin  http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2009/06/10/assassins-creed-3-will-see-desmond-become-the-ultimate-assassin.htm     

so it will be 2010 or higher in the game
    amaruinca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By amaruinca
    @roughplague:  In one of the codexes in AC2, Altair mentions traveling to the far east, and he mentions a possible fight against gheingis Kahn, so this could lead to an east Asian setting for AC3
    amaruinca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By amaruinca
    @tywoz32:  

im not exactly sure im following what ur trying to say, but i think AC3 will hav a good mix of present (aka near 2012) gameplay as desmond, as well as going into the past to find all of the hidden temples that were mentioned by minerva.  I also think that WW2 would be a horrible idea and that adding guns would completely ruin the game.  Also, Altair WILL be in AC3, he is almost as important as Desmond (as referenced in the codex  # 30) and he has a lot of explaining to do.  same goes for subject 16, hes gonna be referenced to in AC3 and i really want to know more about "The Truth" video clip.  i think it would be BAD ASS if we could go back to year 0 and play as Adam and see what EDEN was really like
    RogueAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By RogueAssassin

No Caption Provided

ok in assassiins creed 3 desmonds starts having side affects from being in the animus to long (seing shit from atairs time) lucy said that subject 16 could acess his ancestors memorys without the animus, but he couldnt control it. so i think that you will play as desmond in the present 2012 but he finds out a way to control the hallicinations so he can acess memorys without the animus. how cool would that be?    so you could run around with Desmond  then access the animus to find out were the vaults are then go back to play as Desmond to find them. Think about it!!
    roughplague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By roughplague
    @amaruinca:  Ok, sorry. I never bothered with the codex
    Crossfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Crossfire

Heres my ranking of the top five candidates for AC3... 

1. Fuedal Japan (even though I'm sick of Japan based games, China would be cooler) 
    2. Ancient Babylon (the tower to God, viewpoint, need I expound on this...) 
    3. Rome and Jerusalem during the time of Christ (this would be ultra bold to put big J in the story, Templars would be the notorious money changers) 
    4. Ancient Greece (Socrates and Plato would fit into the story perfectly) 
    5. Depression era with the Templars involved in banking. (Like everyone says, guns would make the game blow and Desmond would actually know his WW2 era ancestor unless he's an orphan...)   
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Jimbo

The bulk of the next game will be set in a historical (melee) setting.  Setting it predominantly in WW2 (no idea where people are getting that idea), or Desmond-era, or invented Adam and Eve era is serious shark-jumping material.  As soon a you take that franchise out of a legit historical setting which doesn't revolve around stabbing dudes in the face, it's finished.

Desmond might get an actual mission or two (say, recover the collected PoE's from Abstergo HQ or something), but I bet the bulk will be about checking in with one of his ancestors to figure out how to assemble the pieces or something (it doesn't matter, any conceit will do).  

I think they'll do whatever they need to do to the storyline to facilitate another historical setting.  If they make 'The Desmond Game', that franchise is over - they can't be that stupid.

After that glimpse of Rome at the end of AC2, my choice would totally be Imperial Rome.  Caesar is a perfect fit, and somewhat conspicuous by his absence in the glyph stuff.

Crossfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Crossfire
    @Jimbo:
    I was totally let down when I didn't get to Leap Of Faith in  Rome.
    ShonHarris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By ShonHarris
    INCLUDES SPOILERS, DO NOT READ IF YOU DID NOT FINISH ASSASSINS CREED 2

@cerealthriller said:

" So. My two cents. There is a lot of good speculation on here, and I'm gonna try and piece some of it together in what I think we'd all enjoy.   It is gonna be presented/near future pre-apocolytpic 2012. Desmond is an Assassin. He takes the Creed. The animus is still used, possibly in a few portions throughout the game in order to get a new perspective on the environment and find things, like the location of temples, Eden, other artifacts. Maybe he'll hit up some WWII, some Japan, Latin America? Who knows. But I bet the premise of the game will be to hunt down the other temples mentioned in the end, and you'll probably need other artifacts (some are mentioned in the codex pages "Golden Fleece") to access them. I hope the game happens on the global scale.I hope the game has guns, and cool modern weapons, and I hope we retain the knife gauntlets, but add some sweet modern stuff to it all. I think the key to unlocking what AS3 will be like is hidden in The Truth, and the codex pages, and the ending.  "

My good friend and I played both AC games and have been theorizing since day one. Here is what we have concluded:

Subject 16 was briefly mentioned through AC2 to have hailed from the East. When we began playing AC2 Lucy loaded us in next to Subject 16's file, giving the hint that Subject 16's memories ended where we would soon begin.  All Assassin's are descendants from Adam and Eve, those who remained as slaves to First Civilization gave birth to the average Human. There is a true possibility that Eve was a member of First Civilization, consider the bit of red cloth about her arm while we see only a single other clothed individual in The Truth (the slave driver, the FC). This would mean Assassin's are direct descendants of First Civilization, Subject 16's glyphs actually unlock a section talking about the Mingling between 'gods' and humans, and Subject 16 says 'hail, the birth of the assassins'. This means sexual relations between FC and Human began a linage of Assassin's, those with amazing, abnormal abilities as we see throughout Assassin's Creed. Subject 16 and Subject 17, like all assassins, are related. What makes them unique is that they more directly so, and that connection lies in Ezio.

How does this make sense? Minerva was a member of Those Who Came Before or First Civilization (FC). Adam and Eve, as seen in the Truth, were a part of those humans forced to labor to construct a prosperous 'Eden', as the setting is designated. Eden either exists AFTER the disaster Minerva describes, or before. The answer is likely after, and Christian history begins at this point with Adam and Eve (especially since we are shown Cain ((First Templar)) and Abel living without worry of this disaster). This also would work with the elimination of dinosaurs and other creatures. Eden was likely Yuni Guni, a Japanese Island whose name was written in blood at the end of Assassin's Creed. If you look it up you'll find that Yuni Guni is unique for its a sunken city with large human-crafted structures that predate most others. 

Also, we already had the Golden Fleece. Think back to the glyphs again, remember having to ID the Piece of Eden in Jesus's Red Shroud? Subject 16 says they took it and during his crucifixion it is nowhere to be seen. Jesus had the Golden Fleece, he wore it under the Red Shroud, but the Templar took it from him. Altair learned to make the Black & White Armor from the Apple of Eden, and so he constructed a lightweight and nearly impenetrable armor. We already know that First Civilization were using a Piece of Eden to force mankind to create, they were probably creating Pieces of Eden to be used. Assuming this, the Apple could show how to construct other pieces, and Altair created a Golden Fleece, which Ezio later wore. If we assume this to be true, especially since Altair destroyed all evidence of HOW it was made, then we can also assume that the Golden Fleece resurrects the user. Borgia clearly stabbed Ezio, and Ezio fell bleeding from his mouth and chest, and yet later he rose without blood or pain. Assuming this armor stays in the family, as it did from Altair to Ezio, then Desmond has to go home to retrieve it or Desmond has to trace ancestry from Ezio to himself to find it. It is mentioned Desmond came from a village of assassins when young, a life he put behind him until now. This could mean the return to a Modern Eagle's Nest, think the Auditore Villa but put into 21st Century standards.

Thinking of Locations, this means Desmond and his party might seek refuge where Desmond grew up. 

Speculation
    WW2 era does not mean Assassin's will be fighting on the frontlines. Furthermore, Desmond will suffer bleeding effects should he maintain a particular life too long, too continuously. If he jumps around too often though, he may be driven insane like Subject 16. Is it possible Desmond will be driven to edge of madness as he dives back into his personal history to witness or aid in assassinations of Genghis Kahn (Referenced in Codex, Altair leaves to face him) which explains Altair's driving east and possibly interaction with Subject 16's bloodline, not to mention known Templar such as Rasputin (who held the Piece of Eden Staff), Adolf Hitler (who held the Forth Piece of Eden Apple and was assassinated), Houdini (who held the First Piece of Eden, held by Adam & Eve, Altair & Ezio, before having it taken by Templar). 

I would suggest we might go back and also see the death of Alexander the Great, however Alexander and Kahn are unlikely to be seen in AC3 except in DREAM FLASHBACKS (like Altair in AC2). Assassin's Creed seems to be moving forward progressively, the next logical step would be to the late 19th Century and early 20th Century since the glyphs hinted so much at issues with Gandhi, Houdini, Rasputin, Nikola Tesla, Thomas Edison,  Adolf Hitler, Henry Ford, and others. Most of these figures wanted pure blood, assembly line work, and power, while those like Houdini, Gandhi, and Tesla simply wished for peace and humanity. And yet these people were killed and rid of their Pieces of Eden. A lot of important history seems track the Pieces of Eden to this time period since it seems to be when the Templar obtained the most. Assassins probably need to track to this time and obtain some information to track the Pieces in Modern Time. Once learning the locations of the Pieces of Eden from the late 20th Century, Desmond in 2012 may physically begin his search for the Pieces alongside other assassins around world, meanwhile also discovering the Sacred Locations that might save the world. Think of how we searched for Glyph buildings in AC2 while also tracking down Seals, it's the same idea. Find this special location, track down these pieces of eden.
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @macandcheese said:
    " No the end of the game is you and the rest of the Assassins leaving for a new base of operations where you will be safe, they put you back in for the trip. Its pretty much to explain why you can go back and screw around in the world. The ending sets up that you will play as Desmond in 2012, also it was sick to get to assassinate people as Demond. "
    Whoa whoa whoa, put a spoiler tag on this stuff. See the red exclamation mark on your toolbar? Highlight your post and click that.
    itzsnoopii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By itzsnoopii
    @TrashMustache: i don't think the story with ezio is over because if you remember it ends at a cliff hanger and she also say that he must find some temples and destroy them
    cerealthriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By cerealthriller
    @itzsnoopii: but she was talking to desmond throught ezio, because she knew desmond would find her through the animus. 
    cerealthriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By cerealthriller
    @ShonHarris:  b r i l l i a n t. 
    Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Djeffers03

ON THE MOON! Spazio will sort out those pesky astronauts

munnyman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#138  Edited By munnyman5
    @RogueAssassin: dude where the fuck did you get that picture? Photoshopped, right? I mean I didn't see that in any of the games, so...

*spoilers, maybe*

Also, did anybody else feel deeply sorry for Ezio at the end of AC2? Like he's done all this shit to get to the Vatican, had a crazy-ass fight, got stabbed, survived, fist-fought a fat old dude, and got into this crazy black-but-transparent vault with glowy white glyphs all over the place, and this bitch is just using him to talk to Desmond. It really hit me when Ezio said "Who is Desmond? I have so many questions!" and I realized that this poor man took that mystery to the grave with him. He sounded (and was) so helpless. Like after he left that place, went home, was done with it all... He still has no fucking idea what that "god" (so he thinks, I think it was a message from the first big human civilization, and Eden was just their huge-ass city - the binary code at the end of the "the truth" thing spells "EDEN") was talking about. She basically said "Shut up, Ezio. This is bigger than you think. I'm talking to future-man, here." And Ezio goes back to his villa just pondering the whole way like "Desmond... Desmond... maybe it's code? I MUST talk to Leonardo about this." All that only to die having had a taste of the bigger truth, but having only done some petty shit in Italy that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Requiesca di pache, Ezio. Damn. I probably butchered that (just went phonetically).
    itzsnoopii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By itzsnoopii
    @TrashMustache: they didn't say anything about aliens they said something with the sun destroying the world aka (2012) which also hint hint could be the release year
    ShonHarris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By ShonHarris
    @phoenixflames said:
    " I read on another site that Ubisoft always planned for the series to be a triology. The story will be resolved in the next game. An early post suggested a possible AC4. AC4 will probably only happen if Ubisoft wants to milk the series and the story in that game would just be shoe-horned into the Universe. After the ending, it's pretty obvious that AC3 will play a much bigger role in 2012 with Desmond. The revelations of Minerva and Lucy pretty much stress the importance of Desmond saving the world. If Desmond is in the animus reliving the past, it would seem the historical settings will take a much more reduced role to let Desmond have his world saving adventure.  An interesting "What if" that I've been having since completing the game last night, what if the animus isn't even in Assassin's Creed 3? Desmond starts to have more Bleeding Effect dream like skips through time like Subject 16 had towards the end of his life. More Altair flashbacks while not in the animus. For the first two games, the series focused more on the past, and a few highlights of the future. What if AC3 is the reverse, and this time, no time period in the past if the focus?  Desmond saving the world in 2012 is the primary focus, but in between assassination missions, Desmond's bleeding effect dreams let him skip through time. Revisit Altair at his last peak at the Apple before his "death"... see Ezio with his wife and continue the Assassin Bloodline... witness Atlair's sons go after  KHAIN!!!... See a World War II flashback where you play the assassin that kills Hitler in his bunker... Lastly, play a role as Adam escaping Eden with Eve to witness what happened with "Those Who Came Before." "
    Chances are there will be only AC3. The entire series is based on the idea of the Templar challenging the world, and the existence of our civilization being threatened naturally and by humanity. Once this is resolved, there would need to be a new premise... And looping the games might not be the most successful strategy (having a new Adam and Eve scenario stem from the destruction of our civilization making Assassins the new 'Those who came before'.

The Bleeding Effect will likely play a role as you described, but in more relevant terms. There is no point to seeing flashbacks unless Desmond goes somewhere his ancestors were. Meaning, if his ancestors went to the Sacred Temples mentioned by Minerva, his flashbacks would lead them through the steps of obtaining whatever it is they are searching for. The Animus will provide names and time periods for the ancestors, giving Desmond the ability to launch from there. He might experience something irrelevant in the Animus 2.0 based on the Ancestor, but during the Bleeding Effect discover necessary clues in reality.
    Crossfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Crossfire

Ezio acted for revenge. It is quite poetic that at the end of his quest he discovers nothing. Before setting off on a course for revenge, first dig 2 graves...
    DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By DoctorTran

Considering the fact that they say they're heading to a cabin... I doubt the next one will take place in modern day. They're probably headin' to the cabin to work on finding some more memories that may help with finding out how to stop this big war that's supposedly coming. However... there could be some more modern day combat. Perhaps they have to change hide outs several times.

RogueAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By RogueAssassin

No Caption Provided

@munnyman5:
     Could it be possible that you go back to play as Altair? Ubisoft have mentioned that assassins creed 3 WONT take place before the first assassins creed but it also WONT take place after the assassins creed 2. If your read all the codex pages in the last one it mentions Altair near death, and wondering weather or not he could use his piece of eden to DELAY his death. And also the second assassins creed is seem's to be based quite allot  around Altair eg: the Auditore Villa was built by Altair, you get his armor, the codex pages are Altairs journal plus you are related to Altair and Mario Auditore always speaks of him. If you ask me we havnt seen the last of Altair and in my opinion Altair was more interesting, i wanted to know about his life after the first game, and it would be very entertaining to be able to play as him again. Whilst with Ezio you played through his whole life, and there was no real mystery to be unfolded with him.
    ShonHarris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By ShonHarris
    @RogueAssassin said:
    "
    No Caption Provided

@munnyman5:
     Could it be possible that you go back to play as Altair? Ubisoft have mentioned that assassins creed 3 WONT take place before the first assassins creed but it also WONT take place after the assassins creed 2. If your read all the codex pages in the last one it mentions Altair near death, and wondering weather or not he could use his piece of eden to DELAY his death. And also the second assassins creed is seem's to be based quite allot  around Altair eg: the Auditore Villa was built by Altair, you get his armor, the codex pages are Altairs journal plus you are related to Altair and Mario Auditore always speaks of him. If you ask me we havnt seen the last of Altair and in my opinion Altair was more interesting, i wanted to know about his life after the first game, and it would be very entertaining to be able to play as him again. Whilst with Ezio you played through his whole life, and there was no real mystery to be unfolded with him. "

Altair and his two sons went to face Genghis Khan at the end of the Codex (Page 30). The creator of the Villa de Auditore was actually Domenico Auditore who was the son of a sailor who worked with Marco Polo until his father and Polo divulged that they were assassins themselves. Marco Polo found Altair's Codex in the court of Genghis Khan and brought it to Europe, Dante Aligheri (who was also an assassin along with Polo) became Domenico's mentor and gave him the codex. Eventually Domenico's father, Marco Polo, and Dante were all killed by the Templar. Domenico was attacked on the sea with his family by pirates hired by the Templar and so he tore the Codex into 30 pieces, all of which were stolen and spread throughout Italy. Domenico later fled to Italy and assumed the name of a nobleman in Florence 'Auditore', this is NOT the real last name though. He essentially became a nobleman, and with the money he got from Marco Polo's account he built Villa Auditore and created 2 tombs. One was in reference to his assassin lineage and Altair, the other explains the history I am telling you now. 

Altair likely died facing Genghis Khan. One of Altair's two sons eventually reproduced leading to Domenico. We know Marco Polo was in Khan's court between 1271-1275, so that means Domenico was alive in the late 13th Century and the early 14th Century. This places less than 100 years between Domenico and Altair,  so he's probably the great grandson of Altair. Domenico taught his son to become an assassin straight off the bat, and so the lineage continued. Giovanni was born in 1436, meaning he was most likely the grandson of Domenico and Ezio is the great grandson. This makes Ezio the great great great great great grandson of Altair... Right?
    KommanderCevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By KommanderCevin
    @EpicBenjamin said:
    " @CL60 said:
    "When Lucy tossed me a wrist blade when I was Desmond and I was just thinking  "YES YES YES YES!"  In the end i was satisfied it was not just for show. "
    My first thought was "OH SHi--! FUCK!" That part was great. "
    My first thought was: "It's been 500 years and the thing hasn't adapted to blend with modern clothing?"
    DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By DoctorTran
    @KommanderCevin said:
    " @EpicBenjamin said:
    " @CL60 said:
    "When Lucy tossed me a wrist blade when I was Desmond and I was just thinking  "YES YES YES YES!"  In the end i was satisfied it was not just for show. "
    My first thought was "OH SHi--! FUCK!" That part was great. "
    My first thought was: "It's been 500 years and the thing hasn't adapted to blend with modern clothing?" "
    That was one of my afterthoughts...But I think it may have been Ezios so... that may be the case.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By mordukai

I'm gonna go ahead and speculate that the third one will take place at different times starting with: 

• Expand on the Adam and Eve's plot.
    • Taking place in various locations around the world as Minerva told him to find the other temples that were built after the "Great Catastrophe" that would help them defend the planet in case another one of these disasters strike again. 
    • Expand more about the "Ones That Came Before" and their origins. 
    • Give a proper ending to that series and not give us another "WTF" moment and the "to be concluded on AC4" 
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Ghostiet

The series' storywriter said that until he writes, there won't be any World War II shit in his game. Which is good, because WW2 is getting very, very boring and handling me a refined version of The Saboteur with a guy in a white hoodie is going to piss me off.

Discussion aside, I'm hoping for either the French revolution (which was rumoured to be AC2's time period), the modern times or going even earlier - to Ancient Greece/Izrael/Rome.

The last one is my personal favorite - there's a lot of cool shenanigans to be in that period, even if that meant a bit of downgrading the game. Meeting Jesus and participating in the killing of Julius Caesar? 5/5, even if it's as bad as AC1.

Verit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#149  Edited By Verit
    @Jeff said:
    " @fresh2deafbill said:
    " @Magnum said:
    " Modern day or near future would be a horrible idea. For me the whole appeal of the assassins creed series is that the majority of the game is set in an historical place.   Assassins Creed 3: Modern Warfare would just be a Splinter Cell game. "
    THIS "
    SAM FISHER IS A TEMPLAR  ASSASSIN'S CREED VS. SPLINTER CELL GO "
    This made my day. Thank you.
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#150  Edited By damswedon

depend on if they go for a trillogy or a quadrilogy.
    trillogy: it will be a modern/ future game
    Quadrillogy: i hope we get victorian settings.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.