Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed II

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

The second installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise follows the life of Ezio Auditore da Firenze as he seeks revenge on those who betrayed his family.

Assassin's Creed 3 Setting? (spoilers)

alConn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By alConn

During this week 's Bombcast, Ryan mentioned it was apparent where the third game would be set...did I miss something, because I just finished the game and I didn't see any overly apparent hints.  It won't be set in the current AC universe (present) as they mention Desmond getting back into the Animus, but beyond that I didn't see anything that made it obvious.

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Alphiehyr

There@alConn said:

" During this week 's Bombcast, Ryan mentioned it was apparent where the third game would be set...did I miss something, because I just finished the game and I didn't see any overly apparent hints.  It won't be set in the current AC universe (present) as they mention Desmond getting back into the Animus, but beyond that I didn't see anything that made it obvious. "
    I believe we might have to jump one more time-line before leaving the animus for good. It'll probably be around the WWII era or as I like to call it, the Nazi time-line.
    alConn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By alConn

I've heard WW2 rumblings, but the way Ryan made it sound,  the game gave some good hints to the next setting...or I misheard him.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Synthballs

I really don't want one set in WWII or anything that has more then a crossbow.
    macandcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By macandcheese

No the end of the game is you and the rest of the Assassins leaving for a new base of operations where you will be safe, they put you back in for the trip. Its pretty much to explain why you can go back and screw around in the world. The ending sets up that you will play as Desmond in 2012, also it was sick to get to assassinate people as Demond.

nasher27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By nasher27
    @macandcheese said:
    " No the end of the game is you and the rest of the Assassins leaving for a new base of operations where you will be safe, they put you back in for the trip. Its pretty much to explain why you can go back and screw around in the world. The ending sets up that you will play as Desmond in 2012, also it was sick to get to assassinate people as Demond. "
    This.

Them talking about hooking you up back up to the animus was just to give an excuse to let you free roam after you complete the game. 

It's fairly obvious that the 3rd one will take place in present day, because at the end of the game you are fighting Templars as Desmond.
    torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By torus
    @Synthballs said:
    " I really don't want one set in WWII or anything that has more then a crossbow. "
    Guess what, firearms have been around since before the Renaissance. So you are pretty much shit out of luck.
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By CenturionCajun

Heck, in this game you have a wrist mounted gun.

EpicBenjamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 46

#9  Edited By EpicBenjamin
    @macandcheese said:

"No the end of the game is you and the rest of the Assassins leaving for a new base of operations where you will be safe, they put you back in for the trip. Its pretty much to explain why you can go back and screw around in the world. The ending sets up that you will play as Desmond in 2012, also it was sick to get to assassinate people as Demond. "

Hohohohohoooo! Man, that's awesome. 

Plus Desmond got that hooded sweater, so he'll probably just gonna be using that the whole game. Just saying.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CL60

When Lucy tossed me a wrist blade when I was Desmond and I was just thinking  "YES YES YES YES!"

In the end i was satisfied it was not just for show.

EpicBenjamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 46

#11  Edited By EpicBenjamin
    @CL60 said:
    "When Lucy tossed me a wrist blade when I was Desmond and I was just thinking  "YES YES YES YES!"  In the end i was satisfied it was not just for show. "

My first thought was "OH SHi--! FUCK!" That part was great.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#12  Edited By Icemael
    @CL60 said:
    " When Lucy tossed me a wrist blade when I was Desmond and I was just thinking  "YES YES YES YES!""
    I was thinking "Wait a minute, isn't this supposed to be the future? How about giving me a fucking gun? I mean, what the hell do you think the enemies are going to be equipped with? Batons?"

And then they totally were. I was baffled. The most powerful organization on Earth has lost a valuable asset, and send out an elite(I assume) team armed with... batons? I mean come on.
    McDom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By McDom
    @Icemael said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " When Lucy tossed me a wrist blade when I was Desmond and I was just thinking  "YES YES YES YES!""
    I was thinking "Wait a minute, isn't this supposed to be the future? How about giving me a fucking gun? I mean, what the hell do you think the enemies are going to be equipped with? Batons?"

And then they totally were. I was baffled. The most powerful organization on Earth has lost a valuable asset, and send out an elite(I assume) team armed with... batons? I mean come on. "

You have to remember that Desmond is key to the Templars understanding anything about what's going to happen. They aren't privy to the same information that Desmond and Lucy are, so presumably would want to keep them both (or at least Desmond) alive to recover the memories about what actually happened in the Vault. They, like everyone in the 15th Century, assumed that a group of 12-15 guys is enough to subdue one assassin..
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Icemael
    @McDom said:

" @Icemael said:

" @CL60 said:

And then they totally were. I was baffled. The most powerful organization on Earth has lost a valuable asset, and send out an elite(I assume) team armed with... batons? I mean come on. "
    You have to remember that Desmond is key to the Templars understanding anything about what's going to happen. They aren't privy to the same information that Desmond and Lucy are, so presumably would want to keep them both (or at least Desmond) alive to recover the memories about what actually happened in the Vault. They, like everyone in the 15th Century, assumed that a group of 12-15 guys is enough to subdue one assassin.. "
    There are plenty of non-lethal options that are way more effective than batons. They could have used knockout gas, tranquilizer rounds, electric rounds... but batons? Seriously?
    McDom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By McDom

But wouldn't any of those methods mentioned leave Desmond completely unprepared and thus break our illusion of the assassins being badasses? Desmond's training took place 500 years previously, so he's likely to be completely buggered if anyone produces someting other than a stick (either sharpened or others). I certainly hope that in AC3 they manage to find some kind of spurious reason for enemies to still rely on batons for the entire game - I enjoy the random presence of Batons in otherwise futuristic and crazy hi-tech games.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Icemael
    @McDom said:
    " But wouldn't any of those methods mentioned leave Desmond completely unprepared and thus break our illusion of the assassins being badasses? Desmond's training took place 500 years previously, so he's likely to be completely buggered if anyone produces someting other than a stick (either sharpened or others).   
    Of course, and that's why they had to put dudes with batons in the game. But while it makes sense from a gameplay perspective, it doesn't make any sense at all in the game's setting.
    Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Magnum

Modern day or near future would be a horrible idea. For me the whole appeal of the assassins creed series is that the majority of the game is set in an historical place.  

Assassins Creed 3: Modern Warfare would just be a Splinter Cell game.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing as staright up Desmond would suck imo 
    WW1 duder, awesome

fresh2deafbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By fresh2deafbill
    @Magnum said:
    " Modern day or near future would be a horrible idea. For me the whole appeal of the assassins creed series is that the majority of the game is set in an historical place.   Assassins Creed 3: Modern Warfare would just be a Splinter Cell game. "
    THIS
    VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By VisariLoyalist

I hope it's in the present and you get to assasinate dudes with chainsaws and beer.

Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Novyx

You know, Ubisoft does make Splinter Cell. A SC-esque AC3, with the mix of parkour and more stealth would be awesome, in my opinion. Silent pistols and hidden blades? Sign me up.

TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TrashMustache

*the following speculations are littered with spoilers*  

It is safe to assume the bulk of AC3 will take place in the game's present. If you look at Subject 16's video (you'll probaby need to solve all 20 puzzles to get a better look) an early setting seems to be established already. However, i can't imagine the whole animus concept being dropped and i'm sure they'll come up with a reason to get desmond back in the machine. which ancestor? which time period? since AC2 seems to lean heavily toward religion, i could see Desmond jumping in and out of year 0, or even before. The two people's names in the video are Adam and Eve. They seem to be enhanced somehow, illuminated lines (glyphs maybe) adorn their back, but they are scared shitless and are endangered. Eve is holding The Apple. Adam at least, must be a descendant from Adam (da vinci code anyone?) this all leans toward a futuristic end-of-the-world scenario meets ancient prophecies. I can see the game shifting back and forth between the fight for the world, which will in good habit, build up gradually, while in the animus desmond will seek out jezus for valuable information...Ok that last part is a joke.  

ofcourse, The fact that Adam bares the same name as his descendant seems shady and oversimplified. It would be too easy. Perhaps he's a walking animus?  3.0?

Let us not forget the alien in holographic form that could have its own agenda, manipulation is a trademark of the series, "she" (Minerva) could work with Desmond only to turn against him when her species has retrieved the apple and staff. we don't know her true motives. Lastly, and possibly the most intruiging in all of this, i think we haven't seen the last of Altaïr. Ezio was a fine character but i think his story ends right there and then at the end of AC2. Altair is i think a key figure. In codex page 30, Altair is presumably aged and dying. He writes something along the lines of "it couldn't hurt to look at it one last time" he is referring to the Apple. This implies he could still be alive, i assume this apple has an undying ability. He might appear as a god like being, perhaps a guide to desmond. What if he's evil? Desmond could turn him back to the" good" side, they then will fight along side each other, defeating the alien species/and/or/templars. Clash of the titans?  He's obviously not in possession of The Apple anymore but he could somehow have, just because he's Altaïr, been promoted to GOD.

One relevant aspect of this is wether AC3 is the last installment or not. If not then none of this really matters and the premise could just be milked endlessly. I will say that the way Ubisoft Montreal present their intruige is quite unusually mesmerizing and it sure looks like they know where they're going with this, but like all third and (presumably) last installments it could have a hard time coming to a decent conclusion. Especially with these end of the world scenarios, it's hard to just kill off everyone , but even more unsatisfying to get all the answers, cuz it's about the journey right? 

i am obviously completely wrong about all of this, and for the better because i wanna be surprised. All i hope is that it ends with a bit more spectacle than AC2

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jeff
    @fresh2deafbill said:
    " @Magnum said:
    " Modern day or near future would be a horrible idea. For me the whole appeal of the assassins creed series is that the majority of the game is set in an historical place.   Assassins Creed 3: Modern Warfare would just be a Splinter Cell game. "
    THIS "
    SAM FISHER IS A TEMPLAR 

ASSASSIN'S CREED VS. SPLINTER CELL GO
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DystopiaX

I agree with the whole "modern setting would be terrible thing". I loved the historical settings, and I don't want gunplay, or a lame excuse for why there isn't gunplay. Just send Desmond back into the past, and have Desmond do his thing in the future in between sessions, but don't set the whole game in the present.

Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Magnum
    @TrashMustache:  @Jeff: I was thinking that AC was the Da Vinci code of video games. A little more sci-fi still very cool with all the subtext.  

All this talk has really made me realize that I do really like the story. Not many games have me thinking about the ending after I play it. One of the better games this year. Great improvement I thought the first one came off as cheesy. 

We will all know everything this spring when Splinter Cell comes out. Or thats what this new Ubisoft.com tracking stuff is all about. There just going to combine all there games into a giant voice controlled MMO. Rainbow, AC everything
    GearsofRabies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GearsofRabies
    @Jeff:  So who wants to bet that Desmond will have the night vision googles?
    TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TrashMustache

haha :p, but he has the eagle vision, in his context, way more useful
    megalowho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

#28  Edited By megalowho

Desmond won't need the Animus anymore soon enough - he'll be able to shift around without it, maybe against his will. Should make for an interesting setting (settings?) for the next game.

thomasmolby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By thomasmolby

They won't set it 100% in the present. Exploring interesting historical periods, not often covered by entertainment media, is what AC is all about. That said i expect to see more real world stuff along with the animus leading up to one hell of a climax :)

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By Pie

If they were going to have AC3 set in modern day times I think they would of had Desmond pulling up his hood as the last shot of the game, also the series is set in 2012 (maybe they will tie it in with the end of the world...) which could be when AC3/4 is released maybe hinting that itsn going to be modern day

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CL60
    @Pie said:
    " If they were going to have AC3 set in modern day times I think they would of had Desmond pulling up his hood as the last shot of the game, also the series is set in 2012 (maybe they will tie it in with the end of the world...) which could be when AC3/4 is released maybe hinting that itsn going to be modern day "
    Well the ending strongly points towards you playing as Desmond in the next game. Since the next game is the last one, these 2 games were all a setup to the big finale of playing as Desmond. Lucy passes you a wrist blade and boom..you know all of ezios skills it would seem. Then you jump into the truck. ( I'm not counting the part where they say get back into the animus as we make our way to the cabin. as part of the story because it was obviously just a way to explain you being able to go back in and free roam after the story is complete.)

Hell, the very beginning of the next game may show Desmond getting out of the truck with all the other people while putting his hood up.
    Avatar image for supersecretagenda
    SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the entire point of Desmond being in the Animus in AC2 was to train him. So the theories about playing as him in AC3 makes alot of sense.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By jakob187

Just reading this thread...I now HAVE to play Assassin's Creed II.

megalowho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#34  Edited By megalowho
    @SuperSecretAgenda said:
    " Well the entire point of Desmond being in the Animus in AC2 was to train him. So the theories about playing as him in AC3 makes alot of sense. "
    The point may have been to train him but hearing what Minerva had to say in the Vault ended up being even more important. Her words were likely stuck in Ezios memory for centuries, just waiting for Desmond to relive them and hear her warning. So there's something special about him aside from being yet another modern day assassin trained via Animus, and it may have to do with being able to control the bleeding effect that drove Subject 16 mad. And that guy was all over the place historically.
    Alphonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Alphonzo
    @Jeff said:
    " @fresh2deafbill said:
    " @Magnum said:
    THIS "
    SAM FISHER IS A TEMPLAR  ASSASSIN'S CREED VS. SPLINTER CELL GO "
    As weird as that sounds, it would actually make me want to play Assassin's Creed III. 
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By Whisperkill

Cavemen Assassins!
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jkz
    @TrashMustache said:
    "  
    *the following speculations are littered with spoilers*  

It is safe to assume the bulk of AC3 will take place in the game's present. If you look at Subject 16's video (you'll probaby need to solve all 20 puzzles to get a better look) an early setting seems to be established already. However, i can't imagine the whole animus concept being dropped and i'm sure they'll come up with a reason to get desmond back in the machine. which ancestor? which time period? since AC2 seems to lean heavily toward religion, i could see Desmond jumping in and out of year 0, or even before. The two people's names in the video are Adam and Eve. They seem to be enhanced somehow, illuminated lines (glyphs maybe) adorn their back, but they are scared shitless and are endangered. Eve is holding The Apple. Adam at least, must be a descendant from Adam (da vinci code anyone?) this all leans toward a futuristic end-of-the-world scenario meets ancient prophecies. I can see the game shifting back and forth between the fight for the world, which will in good habit, build up gradually, while in the animus desmond will seek out jezus for valuable information...Ok that last part is a joke.  

ofcourse, The fact that Adam bares the same name as his descendant seems shady and oversimplified. It would be too easy. Perhaps he's a walking animus?  3.0?

Let us not forget the alien in holographic form that could have its own agenda, manipulation is a trademark of the series, "she" (Minerva) could work with Desmond only to turn against him when her species has retrieved the apple and staff. we don't know her true motives. Lastly, and possibly the most intruiging in all of this, i think we haven't seen the last of Altaïr. Ezio was a fine character but i think his story ends right there and then at the end of AC2. Altair is i think a key figure. In codex page 30, Altair is presumably aged and dying. He writes something along the lines of "it couldn't hurt to look at it one last time" he is referring to the Apple. This implies he could still be alive, i assume this apple has an undying ability. He might appear as a god like being, perhaps a guide to desmond. What if he's evil? Desmond could turn him back to the" good" side, they then will fight along side each other, defeating the alien species/and/or/templars. Clash of the titans?  He's obviously not in possession of The Apple anymore but he could somehow have, just because he's Altaïr, been promoted to GOD.

One relevant aspect of this is wether AC3 is the last installment or not. If not then none of this really matters and the premise could just be milked endlessly. I will say that the way Ubisoft Montreal present their intruige is quite unusually mesmerizing and it sure looks like they know where they're going with this, but like all third and (presumably) last installments it could have a hard time coming to a decent conclusion. Especially with these end of the world scenarios, it's hard to just kill off everyone , but even more unsatisfying to get all the answers, cuz it's about the journey right? 

i am obviously completely wrong about all of this, and for the better because i wanna be surprised. All i hope is that it ends with a bit more spectacle than AC2 "
    You're on to some stuff here, but I disagree on the "Truth" video aspect of your speculation. It seemed to me like that was actually Adam and Eve. Minerva was speaking of a war between humankind and the old race, and presumably, Adam and Eve were the first to realise that they were being ruled by this Old Race. Seeing that their power lay mostly in technology, Adam and Eve likely stole a piece of eden (Think Atlantis for the Old Race, and a place where humans were subject to work under the old race, dominated by their technology) to attempt to rebel against the Old Race; this probably sparked the war Minerva talked about.

There's clearly more here, but that's just what I got out of it.
    ht101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By ht101

I agree with most people that the next game will take place in present day.  I also didn't think about the 2012 connection but now it really makes sense.  Not sure what they can do in a period of a few months but looking forward to this game nonetheless.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ryanwho
    @Alphonzo said:
    " @Jeff said:
    " @fresh2deafbill said:
    " @Magnum said:
    THIS "
    SAM FISHER IS A TEMPLAR  ASSASSIN'S CREED VS. SPLINTER CELL GO "
    As weird as that sounds, it would actually make me want to play Assassin's Creed III.  "
    That's just contrived enough to work in a Metal Gear game. Maybe do some across the ocean collaboration.
    DrLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DrLove
    @Icemael said:
    " @McDom said:
    " But wouldn't any of those methods mentioned leave Desmond completely unprepared and thus break our illusion of the assassins being badasses? Desmond's training took place 500 years previously, so he's likely to be completely buggered if anyone produces someting other than a stick (either sharpened or others).   
    Of course, and that's why they had to put dudes with batons in the game. But while it makes sense from a gameplay perspective, it doesn't make any sense at all in the game's setting. "
    +1000 it would make for a shitty game.  once you bring real guns into the game, it would have to move to more of a sleath game with less action.  or maybe less of an open world and more like Batman.  the last scene with the guys with batons was fun, but pretty silly when you think about it.  also giving Desmond a AK47 the game would lose its flow, and become stop and pop.  the sci-fi story was much better in this game, but without going to a great historical setting in the 3rd it will suck.
    hannibalkin01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By hannibalkin01

What I believe to happen from what happened in the game: They told Desmond when he first came out of the Animus that the bleeding effect has driven the others crazy and it would not be so bad if they could control it not to worry because he is not showing any bad signs but later on it seems that he is. I think that he will be able to control them and jump back and forth through time without the Animus in the next game but will also be fighting in the present due to the credits fight.

DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DCFGS3

I heard somewhere, although I could be completely wrong, that you actually play as one of Desmond's forbears, who goes into the Animus and plays as Desmond. Although I liked the historic settings, a WWII or even a Cold War one might be nice.

Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Magnum
    @GearsofRabies said:

" @Jeff:  So who wants to bet that Desmond will have the night vision googles? "

@TrashMustache said: 

" haha :p, but he has the eagle vision, in his context, way more useful "

NIEGLE VISION    
    Brontes_Muse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Brontes_Muse

Come on it's got to be either the french revolutionary war, or the american revolutionary war.  (I think they'll both happen in later games.)  They reference both those time periods in the Animus Gliffs.  

Vecta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Vecta
    @CL60 said:
    " @Pie said:
    " If they were going to have AC3 set in modern day times I think they would of had Desmond pulling up his hood as the last shot of the game, also the series is set in 2012 (maybe they will tie it in with the end of the world...) which could be when AC3/4 is released maybe hinting that itsn going to be modern day "
    Well the ending strongly points towards you playing as Desmond in the next game. Since the next game is the last one, these 2 games were all a setup to the big finale of playing as Desmond. Lucy passes you a wrist blade and boom..you know all of ezios skills it would seem. Then you jump into the truck. ( I'm not counting the part where they say get back into the animus as we make our way to the cabin. as part of the story because it was obviously just a way to explain you being able to go back in and free roam after the story is complete.)  Hell, the very beginning of the next game may show Desmond getting out of the truck with all the other people while putting his hood up. "

At the very very end of the game, after playing as Desmond, Lucy Talks about the worlds magnetic field and the flipping of the Poles causing a global catastrophe (also note the game is set in 2012). One of the many theories about how the world could end at the end of the mayan calender is the one Lucy just told you about, if you bother to look it up. Now the Advanced race, whatever they are called, warns you that unless you Visit ALL of the sacred places/temples that were built by people a long time ago who diverged from the supposed endless wars of mankind and favoured a more peaceful approach (i.e. Religious folk) then the world would turn to ash (or something similar).  And considering that all the codex pages lined up properly make a map of the world with different points marked out, Im going to assume that the next game would be a globe-trotting affair where you must track down and visit each holy place. 
    TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TrashMustache
    @jukezypoo:
    i'm glad you were paying attention to what minerva said cuz i forgot all of it, and just made a theory based on what i remembered :p, yes what you say seems more accurate.
    Bombom117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Bombom117

Well, for those who thinks that we wont go back in memory, you will most likely be wrong, because of the bleeding effect. 
    Most likely we will visit Altair again, since we did it again in the 2. game.  

But i still think that we will be somewhat more in present time, and place the apples around the temples in the globe. preventing the end of the world. 

The game also talks about an ancient race (those who came before) and this i find interesting. 
      The First human that walked the earth, said that they were made by others that came to us, and later traveled, only to come back again. 
    The Mayan Calendar is based on these people, who are long dead (as well as the mayans).  
    So, their calendar ends 12.21.2012, And because it is based on he first people ( **Spoiler**that could possibly be Adam and Eve**Spoiler**) 
     So because their calendar end in 2012, that could be when those who came before came back? 

Just  a thought

Washi_Shikaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Washi_Shikaku

The  WWII or even WWI idea is a very poor idea for the assassin's creed games. It takes away most of what makes the game good, ubisoft were pushing it by giving Ezio the gun in the first place and to give the next one things like SMGs just destroys it. 

Altair is likely to return in the third one but only like in the second one, a flashback.
    The era of Feudal Japan seems to be the most logical in perspective of the Assassins. Plus, who doesn't want to fight ninjas and samurai. 

The creed and brotherhood being removed from the game was a large blow considering the brotherhood was a key part in the first game and the revenge story made it seem less like a profession, an art if you will, and more like a chore to kill all those people. 

The constant switching between Desmond and the next one could also provide more variety for the game, especially if you don't need the animus anymore, so they could have half the time spent as Desmond fighting, apparently, the apocalypse and the Templars, and the other half as an ancestor killing more Templars and unraveling the mystery of the pieces of eden, possibly play a Kunoichi named Washi (Japanese: Eagle)

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Red12b
    @Washi_Shikaku:  
    Dude the whole point of the dream sequence 

roughplague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By roughplague

I just finished it, and yes, what I interpreted out of it was either that it will take place in another timeline (maybe not WW2 which is what the saboteur is going to do, and the platforming is pretty similar). What it somewhat hinted, and what I hope, is that it will take place in a present future. It would've been amazing if you could climb around a semi-futuristic city around the design of the environment you walk around in between animus sessions. As Desmond learns from the animus, he gets the ability to climb around, using the moves that Ezio had. In the end of the game he has learned most of Ezio's abilities, so why not? Anyway, I'm really exited for Assassins Creed 3, and what it brings. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.