Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed II

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

The second installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise follows the life of Ezio Auditore da Firenze as he seeks revenge on those who betrayed his family.

Going from Uncharted 2 right into Assassin's Creed 2 = Bad Idea

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By m1k3

Yesterday i got Assassin's Creed 2. But before i wanted to start it, i wanted to finish Uncharted 2 since i was on the last 2 chapters. So i finish Uncharted, sat throught the credits and after it saved, i directly popped in AC:2. It was a big mind freak for me. I probably should have taken a day off before starting it. Obviously the visuals are just not on par, and i totally forgot the controls from the first Assassin's Creed and my mind was still in Uncharted mode, and started trying to use those controls in AC:2. I died a few times in the beginning of the game.

Long story short, going from Uncharted 2 right into AC:2 is a bad idea... for me anyways. I think im gonna restart a AC:2 tonight.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By m1k3

Yesterday i got Assassin's Creed 2. But before i wanted to start it, i wanted to finish Uncharted 2 since i was on the last 2 chapters. So i finish Uncharted, sat throught the credits and after it saved, i directly popped in AC:2. It was a big mind freak for me. I probably should have taken a day off before starting it. Obviously the visuals are just not on par, and i totally forgot the controls from the first Assassin's Creed and my mind was still in Uncharted mode, and started trying to use those controls in AC:2. I died a few times in the beginning of the game.

Long story short, going from Uncharted 2 right into AC:2 is a bad idea... for me anyways. I think im gonna restart a AC:2 tonight.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Andorski

I would think that going from Uncharted 2 to AC2 would be a good idea.  While the controls are very different, I found the climbing/platforming in the Assassin's Creed series to be superior.  I still haven't played AC2 yet, but the first game still has the best platforming mechanics I've ever played in a game.  The animations of Altair jumping from building to building looks amazing.  Meanwhile, Drake sometimes does this huge leaping gesture (but only jumps two feet) while other times he makes a jump look effortless (even though he leaps over a an eight foot gap).

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By lead_farmer

Started Playing AC2 last night and my brother was watching.  Once Lucy's (thats her name, right?) face popped up and she started talking, he went "OH GOD!  That is not good!"
    After playing Uncharted2, the graphics on AC2 freaked me out.  The gameplay transition wasn't so bad for me though.  @Andorski said:

" The animations of Altair jumping from building to building looks amazing.  Meanwhile, Drake sometimes does this huge leaping gesture (but only jumps two feet) while other times he makes a jump look effortless (even though he leaps over a an eight foot gap). "
    What AC2 also does that Uncharted2 does is the character physically shows whether he can make a jump.
    m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By m1k3
    @lead_farmer said:
    What AC2 also does that Uncharted2 does is the character physically shows whether he can make a jump. "
    I didn't notice this in AC2. i know in Uncharted Drake holds his hand out if you can jump to the next platform. I didn't notice Ezio doing anything like that. maybe i just missed it, but sometimes when i want to jump to the right or left on the same wall, sometime Ezio just jumps perpendicular to the wall and i end up dieing from jumping off a high place.
    lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By lead_farmer
    @m1k3: 
    yeah, it was more in when he tries to climb up something he would just shift up when he couldn't make it.  My bad.

Also, did you notice that the game seems reluctant to let you drop?
    cstrfrk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By cstrfrk
    @lead_farmer said:
    " Started Playing AC2 last night and my brother was watching.  Once Lucy's (thats her name, right?) face popped up and she started talking, he went "OH GOD!  That is not good!"

That's hilarious.  That's exactly what went through my head.  I couldn't believe how horrible the facial animations were and like you said, after playing Uncharted 2 the visuals just don't seam to hold up.  Either way, once the initial shock wears off, the game so far, is awesome.  It's exciting to go back and find all the look out points.  That was my favorite thing to do in the first. 

I was just having this  conversation with a friend of mine on the PSN about comparing Uncharted 2 with AC2.  He says he can't wait to get into AC2 and free run because numerous times throughout Uncharted he was frustrated with the fact that you can't climb anywhere you see.   

So really both games have they're strengths and weaknesses.  They're really two different types of games.  One is an eyecandy filled romp through a summer blockbuster and the other is Grand Theft Auto set in Italy ;)
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Diamond

Yea, the face graphics look way worse than the original AC from what I remember, and Lucy looks like a clown whore.

But the environments are a lot better in AC2 than AC1, and they have dynamic time of day unlike AC1 & Uncharted 2 (and they're more open than U2 as well).

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Bouke

Fortunately i'm coming off Forza3 to play Assassins Creed 2, so i guess that shouldn't be a problem. But i know what you mean, when i finished Uncharted2 i jumped into Killzone 2 and i died a bunch of times... the controls are just to different and i had to put down Killzone 2 because i got so frustrated with it.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Rhaknar

i never have any problems going from one game to another graphically. I dont really compare, and I tend to think most ps3/360 games look really good (maybe because I never had a gaming pc before)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.