Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed II

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

The second installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise follows the life of Ezio Auditore da Firenze as he seeks revenge on those who betrayed his family.

How Imprtant is Assassin's Creed 1 to AC2?

Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Tuggah

I've never finished Assassin's Creed one, I've played some of it at my cousins, and I really liked it. I will most likely buy (or at least rent) Assassin's Creed 2. How important is the story to what will be happening in AC2?

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jimbo

I would guess very.  I mean, you'll still be able to have fun running around chopping dudes up, but you probably won't have a clue what's going on in the present day / Desmond Miles part.

I'd find a copy of AC1 and blitz through it, it doesn't take very long at all if you do the absolute minimum number of side missions and it's still a great game.  90% of the overarching story is learned from the Desmond Miles parts, so pay attention to that stuff.  Failing that, you can probably just go and read up on what happens in AC1.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CL60

If you want to understand the Desmond parts, you should play through AC1 and the Ezio parts most likely will have something to do with that also.

GoldenHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By GoldenHawk

if you truly want to understand what is gonna happen in AC2 you should play AC1 as it explains why Desmond is reliveing the live of one of his ancestors
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By mordukai
    @Jimbo said:
    " I would guess very.  I mean, you'll still be able to have fun running around chopping dudes up, but you probably won't have a clue what's going on in the present day / Desmond Miles part.  I'd find a copy of AC1 and blitz through it, it doesn't take very long at all if you do the absolute minimum number of side missions and it's still a great game.  90% of the overarching story is learned from the Desmond Miles parts, so pay attention to that stuff.  Failing that, you can probably just go and read up on what happens in AC1. "
    This.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks

The new game will likely fill you in well on the essential story hooks you've missed. I wouldn't worry too much about playing the sequel without having completed the first game.

Avatar image for lubuomnipresent
    LubuOmnipresent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LubuOmnipresent

The first Assassins Creed is more an introduction so it wouldn't effect your gameplay, although i would consider you looking up any additional information on Desmond Miles as the sequel shall feed it's story lines off of the first game.

Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Lowbrow

Given the shit that happens while in the "present" in AC1, probably super important if they go does the same story telling path in AC 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.