Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed II

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

The second installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise follows the life of Ezio Auditore da Firenze as he seeks revenge on those who betrayed his family.

I just got even more excited for AC 2 because...

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By trophyhunter

You Own a Town

In the first game, Altair would drop by his master's headquarters from time to time. Here he could participate in some light combat training and engage in lengthy philosophical conversations. Ho-hum.
    This time Ezio owns an entire villa, complete with a brothel, blacksmith, art dealer, and church. Ezio works with an architect to rebuild the town from a crumbling mess. Investing in the town not only changes the buildings, but the citizens become more wealthy and the sun shines more brightly on the newly constructed architecture. You'll also receive a discount at merchants you've invested in. The villa is also where Ezio can buy new combat moves, like the ability to wield a two-handed axe, and store his collected treasures.

that's from a ign 5 great things about AC 2 and fuck if that does not sound awesome
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ryanwho

K.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By trophyhunter
    @ryanwho said:
    " K. "
    whaaat?
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ryanwho

Im happy that you're happy? 
    I'm not sure what you're looking for here. Adding Suikoden/Dark Cloud elements to a game that was popular because you ran around killing people seems like a weird combo. Plus its probably binary; a series of static phases that are the same for every player.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By VWGTI
    @ryanwho said:
    " Im happy that you're happy? I'm not sure what you're looking for here. Adding Suikoden/Dark Cloud elements to a game that was popular because you ran around killing people seems like a weird combo. Plus its probably binary; a series of static phases that are the same for every player. "
    Sadly I think ryanwho is right.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By trophyhunter
    @ryanwho said:
    " Im happy that you're happy? I'm not sure what you're looking for here. Adding Suikoden/Dark Cloud elements to a game that was popular because you ran around killing people seems like a weird combo. Plus its probably binary; a series of static phases that are the same for every player. "
    you ran around killing stuff in dark cloud too, I'm not saying it's mind blowing its probably slightly better than the tower building in overlord.
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Andorski

Kind of a weird thing to get excited about.  I'm excited because Ubisoft Montreal acknowledged that the mission structure in the first game was shit and vowed to revamp the whole thing.

sixpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By sixpin

I'm amazed at how cynical gamers can be. The town building to me sounds like an interesting addition to an already promising game. So what if it was done before by Dark Cloud? Dark Cloud is nearly 10 years-old. Just because some other game did it nearly a decade ago doesn't mean that it shouldn't be used in another game. I doubt the two versions will behave the same anyway. The whole point of that feature is to make the player feel more involved in what was a fairly static world in the first Assassin's Creed. 

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By trophyhunter
    @sixpin said:
    "  I'm amazed at how cynical gamers can be. The town building to me sounds like an interesting addition to an already promising game. So what if it was done before by Dark Cloud? Dark Cloud is nearly 10 years-old. Just because some other game did it nearly a decade ago doesn't mean that it shouldn't be used in another game. I doubt the two versions will behave the same anyway. The whole point of that feature is to make the player feel more involved in what was a fairly static world in the first Assassin's Creed.  "
    the town building is like a little side nugget of joy
    chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By chstupid

This game is going to be awesome
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

That's a pretty cool addition to the game. For one thing it's nice to know there'll be a central hub where I can deal with everything in one place.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By mikemcn
    @ryanwho said:
    "Im happy that you're happy? I'm not sure what you're looking for here. Adding Suikoden/Dark Cloud elements to a game that was popular because you ran around killing people seems like a weird combo. Plus its probably binary; a series of static phases that are the same for every player. "

Referencing two games that you, and maybe 4 other people have heard of doesn't help your point.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Mikemcn said:
    " @ryanwho said:
    "Im happy that you're happy? I'm not sure what you're looking for here. Adding Suikoden/Dark Cloud elements to a game that was popular because you ran around killing people seems like a weird combo. Plus its probably binary; a series of static phases that are the same for every player. "
    Referencing two games that you, and maybe 4 other people have heard of doesn't help your point. "
    you don't know what suikoden or dark cloud is?? really?
    Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @trophyhunter said:
    "  

You Own a Town

In the first game, Altair would drop by his master's headquarters from time to time. Here he could participate in some light combat training and engage in lengthy philosophical conversations. Ho-hum. This time Ezio owns an entire villa, complete with a brothel, blacksmith, art dealer, and church. Ezio works with an architect to rebuild the town from a crumbling mess. Investing in the town not only changes the buildings, but the citizens become more wealthy and the sun shines more brightly on the newly constructed architecture. You'll also receive a discount at merchants you've invested in. The villa is also where Ezio can buy new combat moves, like the ability to wield a two-handed axe, and store his collected treasures.  that's from a ign 5 great things about AC 2 and fuck if that does not sound awesome "
    "You own a Town" is exaggerated. However, I don't have any objections with the rest of what you've written.
    Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I was just reminded of the existence of AC2, I'll be getting it when I get my PS3 slim for christmas

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.