Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed II

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

The second installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise follows the life of Ezio Auditore da Firenze as he seeks revenge on those who betrayed his family.

Keeping To The Creed - Assassins Creed Style.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Edited By MachoFantastico

KEEPING TO THE CREED - ASSASSINS CREED STYLE.

Yes Desmond is back, with a shiny new chair. Looks a hell of a lot more comfortable then the last one he had. 
    Yes Desmond is back, with a shiny new chair. Looks a hell of a lot more comfortable then the last one he had. 
    Now I shan't deny my love for the original Assassins Creed game upon it's release back in 2007, I thought so much of it that I named it my game of the year. Which is kind of a big deal in my own little universe, though it will mean bugger all to most of you. But even I will admit the game had it's many flaws, flaws that took over the overall impression of what was a wonderful game. Ask your average Joe Gamer for their own opinions and they'll probably say one word, 'repetition' and there right to say such a dull word. But look past it's flaws and you had one unique and wonderful gaming experience.  

While most of you (and gaming media) await their chance to play Infinity Ward's latest shooter in Modern Warfare 2 hitting stores on the 10th of November (that's like, in less then two weeks time), I and I suspect many others will be rather excited for Assassins Creed 2. That's the sequel to 2007's Assassins Creed if you weren't to sure. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to experiencing Modern Warfare 2, but when it comes to the sequel wars the silent assassin stabs the Modern Warfare game right in it's armoured chest (I realize that probably wouldn't kill someone with armour protection, but give me a break).  

Despite my excitement for the game, I have odd feelings for it to. After all, I have just begun playing through Uncharted 2: Among Thieves for the second time and I honestly can't see any game beating that for one of the best experiences this year. Even Modern Warfare 2, which will no doubt sell so well that the robbing gits at Activision will be taking baths in pools of money and gold diamonds probably won't beat Uncharted 2 for many of this years GOTY awards. Though saying that after hearing some rather respectable gaming folk wet themselves over the latest Call of Duty title in a recent podcast (I shan't name them) I do have to wonder. Still, I really hope this latest Assassins Creed game gets some worthy attention over the insane gunfire of Modern Warfare 2.  

Variation is important to the AC2 developers, which will basically mean more brutal ways to make blood leak from enemies. 
      Variation is important to the AC2 developers, which will basically mean more brutal ways to make blood leak from enemies. 
    Only Ubisoft (and EA maybe) would be brave enough to compete with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, with insane sales predictions already going through the roof it's no surprise that Ubisoft are doing big things to keep their specific game at the forefront of gamers minds. The surprisingly good Assassins Creed: Lineage part one was released this past week and developer videos and interviews are seen around the web endlessly. Now one thing that as surprised me is the fact that Assassins Creed 2 as been receiving much more publicity then Modern Warfare 2. Maybe there is a reason for this and some agreed deal is in place for no information to be leaked about the finished product but so far it's been quiet on the Activision front.

Still, I know I can't wait to experience both. Especially Assassins Creed 2 which will hopefully bring some conclusion to the horrid ending of the first game. Man did I feel deflated after completing the original title. After what was a fantastic weekend of endless playing, immersed in a world and time of itself. It went and did an Halo 2 and ended all suddenly and rather poorly. It felt as if I was a rabbit and the developers had put a tasty carrot in front of my eyes but the carrot was on a stick and they made me chase it for the slightest taste of pure fresh juicy carrot. If your wondering why I'm comparing myself to a rabbit, it's because I had one of the most haunting of rabbit related dreams last night.   

But I and many others found themselves looking deeply into the smallest pieces of information for clues on what would happen next and the slight reveals made in the first game, one as to admit though that it was fun and the new game will hopefully both answer some of those questions, and provide us with all new exciting ones to discuss on forums for months to come until we finally see Assassins Creed 3. But seriously speaking if there is one game that could topple Uncharted 2 as my GOTY, it's Assassins Creed 2. Have to wait and see how it will turn out, I intend to play through the original at some point in the next week or so to catch up on a few things. I've also yet to officially preorder the game as I'm choosing between the White Edition or the Black Edition, which one shall I get? 

Which version of the game have YOU ordered? 

Thanks for Reading! 
    Follow me on Twitter (JosephBayliss). 

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MachoFantastico

KEEPING TO THE CREED - ASSASSINS CREED STYLE.

Now I shan't deny my love for the original Assassins Creed game upon it's release back in 2007, I thought so much of it that I named it my game of the year. Which is kind of a big deal in my own little universe, though it will mean bugger all to most of you. But even I will admit the game had it's many flaws, flaws that took over the overall impression of what was a wonderful game. Ask your average Joe Gamer for their own opinions and they'll probably say one word, 'repetition' and there right to say such a dull word. But look past it's flaws and you had one unique and wonderful gaming experience.  

While most of you (and gaming media) await their chance to play Infinity Ward's latest shooter in Modern Warfare 2 hitting stores on the 10th of November (that's like, in less then two weeks time), I and I suspect many others will be rather excited for Assassins Creed 2. That's the sequel to 2007's Assassins Creed if you weren't to sure. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to experiencing Modern Warfare 2, but when it comes to the sequel wars the silent assassin stabs the Modern Warfare game right in it's armoured chest (I realize that probably wouldn't kill someone with armour protection, but give me a break).  

Despite my excitement for the game, I have odd feelings for it to. After all, I have just begun playing through Uncharted 2: Among Thieves for the second time and I honestly can't see any game beating that for one of the best experiences this year. Even Modern Warfare 2, which will no doubt sell so well that the robbing gits at Activision will be taking baths in pools of money and gold diamonds probably won't beat Uncharted 2 for many of this years GOTY awards. Though saying that after hearing some rather respectable gaming folk wet themselves over the latest Call of Duty title in a recent podcast (I shan't name them) I do have to wonder. Still, I really hope this latest Assassins Creed game gets some worthy attention over the insane gunfire of Modern Warfare 2.  

Only Ubisoft (and EA maybe) would be brave enough to compete with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, with insane sales predictions already going through the roof it's no surprise that Ubisoft are doing big things to keep their specific game at the forefront of gamers minds. The surprisingly good Assassins Creed: Lineage part one was released this past week and developer videos and interviews are seen around the web endlessly. Now one thing that as surprised me is the fact that Assassins Creed 2 as been receiving much more publicity then Modern Warfare 2. Maybe there is a reason for this and some agreed deal is in place for no information to be leaked about the finished product but so far it's been quiet on the Activision front.

Still, I know I can't wait to experience both. Especially Assassins Creed 2 which will hopefully bring some conclusion to the horrid ending of the first game. Man did I feel deflated after completing the original title. After what was a fantastic weekend of endless playing, immersed in a world and time of itself. It went and did an Halo 2 and ended all suddenly and rather poorly. It felt as if I was a rabbit and the developers had put a tasty carrot in front of my eyes but the carrot was on a stick and they made me chase it for the slightest taste of pure fresh juicy carrot. If your wondering why I'm comparing myself to a rabbit, it's because I had one of the most haunting of rabbit related dreams last night.   

But I and many others found themselves looking deeply into the smallest pieces of information for clues on what would happen next and the slight reveals made in the first game, one as to admit though that it was fun and the new game will hopefully both answer some of those questions, and provide us with all new exciting ones to discuss on forums for months to come until we finally see Assassins Creed 3. But seriously speaking if there is one game that could topple Uncharted 2 as my GOTY, it's Assassins Creed 2. Have to wait and see how it will turn out, I intend to play through the original at some point in the next week or so to catch up on a few things. I've also yet to officially preorder the game as I'm choosing between the White Edition or the Black Edition, which one shall I get? 

Which version of the game have YOU ordered? 

Thanks for Reading! 
    Follow me on Twitter (JosephBayliss). 

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By Icemael

At the GameStop where I pre-ordered it, they said it wasn't possible to pre-order Assassin's Creed 2 Black/White Edition. They told me they didn't know how many they would get, so if I want the Black Edition I need to pick it up as fast as I can, before they run out. Thing is, the release is on a Friday, and Friday means school...

I'm having a pretty hard time deciding whether or not I should skip school to pick up the game. On the one hand, I'll piss off my teachers, possibly miss something important, and chances are they won't run out of Black Editions the first day. On the other hand, I'm most likely not going to miss anything important, there is a chance that the Black Editions do run out, and if I skip school, I'll be able to play Assassin's Creed II all day. Decisions, decisions...

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By mikeeegeee

It has indeed been looking very good. I told myself not to get excited for it after how I went through the same thing for the first one and was let down. But I've gotta give it to Ubisoft. They're plenty capable :)

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By End_Boss
    @Icemael: Fuck school, you're too cool for it.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By Icemael
    @End_Boss: Hell yeah bitches, school is for losers. I don't need no education, man. Them adults are stupid anyway, just yappin' about "don't do this" and "don't do that" and "think of your future". I don't need to listen to them! They tell me "don't drink, don't smoke", well guess what, I'ma do it anyway. Take that, fuckin' adults.
    ht101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By ht101

I am getting the regular edition.  I am also excited for this game and I can't wait to play it.  It will be splitting time with MW2 but I will still get it the day it comes out.

xAbleAssassinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By xAbleAssassinx

It's true, people don't give AC 1 enough credit. Yes it made some mistakes that seem obvious in hindsight, but to go about creating an original IP, to build the universe, gameplay and themes from scratch is a very difficult thing to do well. And they were so ambitious, it's easy to forget that you can free run across an entire, highly detailed city. Altair was able to grab hold of, and climb anything. We'd never seen that before in gaming. And they developed a fighting system that wasn't the usual hack and slash button mashing you get in most games. There is a lot of cool things about the first game. That's why it was so eagerly anticipated. As soon as people got the game they'd been looking forward to for months, they forgot about the things that had gotten them so riled up, the same things that probably kept them playing to the end. Assassin's Creed was an ambitious and genuinely innovative game, which is extremely impressive for a first attempt, I know it was mainly disappointment that lead to the way it was received, but  people need to give credit where credit is due.   

And also i'm scarliy tempted to get that Black edition, the black figurine just looks so cool :S 

Nice post man. 

Check out my blog - Our Misspent Youth

ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By ShadowKing7

Between the Black or White edition, if you're gonna get one of them, I would go with Black.  It offers way more extras and the black Ezio figure just looks fucking badass.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.