Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed II

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

The second installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise follows the life of Ezio Auditore da Firenze as he seeks revenge on those who betrayed his family.

The single most challenging part of AC2... (Minor spoilers)

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By adam_grif

When Desmund is tripping out as Altair and you're climbing the tower, there's this bit where you can't proceed until you work out how to do this jump that looks like it can be done another way.

I spent 25 minutes bashing my head against this tiny freakin' jump, can't be more than 2 feet, but Altair just REFUSES to make the jump. After giving up and looking it up online, it turns out that you have to run up the wall slightly then jump off it at the height of your wall-run at an angle to make it. 

This is easily 100x more challenging than any fight in this game. Boy oh boy.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Hailinel

Dude, spoilers.

Giantsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Giantsquirrel

I completely agree. Worst section of that game.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Red12b
    @Hailinel:  
    Dude he said spoilers.
    adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By adam_grif
    @Hailinel said:
    " Dude, spoilers. "

It kind of says spoilers in the thread title.

@Giantsquirrel said:
    " I completely agree. Worst section of that game. "

I haven't quite finished, but I don't doubt it. When I googled for it I found that a bunch of people are having the exact same issue.
    TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Are you talking about where it's kind of that little balcony with the wooden board overhead?

Tirrandir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tirrandir

If you're right below a post, you can hold right trigger (or Rwhatev on Playstation) and just hit A.  He'll jump straight up and grab it.  But yeah, the ninja-ing was not helpful right there.  Something about AC1 geometry with AC2's climbing mechanics, or something.  It was a weird, messed up design flub. 

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By Icemael
    @TheGTAvaccine said:
    " Are you talking about where it's kind of that little balcony with the wooden board overhead? "
    If it's this part, then... no, it's not the most challenging part in the game. I mean, it took me a while to figure out how to do it, but it wasn't that hard. You just sit on the balcony's railing and jump straight up rather than towards the wall.
    Giuseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Giuseppe

I got pass it pretty quickly. But, who was the girl?
    Tirrandir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Tirrandir
    @Giuseppe said:
    " I got pass it pretty quickly. But, who was the girl? "
    Maria was in the first game as the woman who was in Templar armor and who Altair thought was one of his assassination targets.  He let her go, though I don't remember why (other than to make the end of that game piss me off more and more) and I think she's in one of the portable games, though ... don't quote me on that, as I'll never play them.
    adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By adam_grif
    @Icemael said:
    " @TheGTAvaccine said:
    " Are you talking about where it's kind of that little balcony with the wooden board overhead? "
    If it's this part, then... no, it's not the most challenging part in the game. I mean, it took me a while to figure out how to do it, but it wasn't that hard. You just sit on the balcony's railing and jump straight up rather than towards the wall. "

I'm struggling to think of anything that was harder. It's hard not in the sense that it's difficult to pull off, it's hard in the sense that you aren't told how to do it. You're just thrown there and forced to use trial and error until you get it right.
    TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

I totally agree then, that part was a pain in the ass. However, the hardest part in the game for me (and the only thing I had to look up online) was the glyph that is near the boat that you take later on in the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.