Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Rogue

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 11, 2014

Assassin's Creed: Rogue takes place during the Seven Years' War in and around the American colonies. The protagonist, Shay Patrick Cormac, is an Assassin-turned-Templar who is hunting his former Brothers in the region.

Would you recommend this as a good game to mess around in?

Chieve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I want a good open world game other than GTA and I want something I can mess around with and have fun and waste time lol

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

If you want a game to waste time in, this is your jam. The amount of collectibles and stuff to upgrade/unlock is off the charts. If you want a game to have fun with, not so much. I try not to be too harsh, but I'm just not enjoying anything about it. I think the term "cash grab" is unfair, so I'll just say Ubisoft made a shitty Assassin's Creed game(More like two, amirite guyz). If that sounds interesting, go for it. I'd recommend renting it though, definitely do not buy it.

Basm321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Basm321

If by mess around you mean get to second base, I'd say no. It's single player

bhizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Did you play Black Flag, @chieve? If you enjoy the ship stuff, it's a great game to mess around in. And there are an absolute ton of collectibles. I'm having fun with Rogue.

Zechs_Marquise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bhizzy said:

Did you play Black Flag, @chieve? If you enjoy the ship stuff, it's a great game to mess around in. And there are an absolute ton of collectibles. I'm having fun with Rogue.

Yeah if you havent play Black flag already i would get that one, i personally enjoy the caribbean theme a lot more than rogues winterish look.

Chieve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did like assassin's creed black flag, and I thought the option to explore was coo too. The boat battles can be interesting if I actually want to fight them, but for the most part if I want to explore, I felt like i was being forced to battle the ships and either I had to dresd through fighting these ships which may actually be real easy, or a real pain in the ass, but end up attracting attention from other ships so I have to fight more... Either all that or be under a lot of pressure to sneak around the boats to avoid and focus real hard just so I won't have to fight anyone...so all that kills the water exploring to these little pieces of land sticking out or islands or what ever else I can boat too that's off story...

But i would like a game where I can explore on foot a lot too, without boating, which is why New York in the game interests me lol...

Is it still fun without the boating? Am I being forced into boat combat a lot?

To be honest, a lot of times in blag flag, if I didn't wanna do a boat battle, id actual try to get my timing right so if I want to avoid boat battle, I would Park my boat a little far, jump out and swim to the enemy boat and kill everyone on there then take there stuff and that was more fun than actually boat fighting lol

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

@chieve: Well if you are on your ship then yes, you'll have to fight with it. There's really nothing interesting about the combat in this game so if you're interested in it for that, then it's definitely the wrong game. It sounds like Far Cry 4 is more fun in that department though, so if you can, try that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.