The Avadon: The Black Fortress wiki last edited by bugbarbecue on 10/22/15 05:47AM
View full history
Avadon: The Black Fortress is a turn based RPG in which the player takes the role a new recruit to Avadon. The game is built in the tradition of mid 1990’s CRPGs with an isometric view, and a turn based combat system
At the start of the game the player can chose from one of four characters/classes; Blademaster, Shadowwalker, Shaman, and Sorceress. Each character has their own backstory as to how they came to become agents of Avadon and all will become available as party members during the game.
The world of Lynaeus has five kingdoms that have formed together to create The Pact. This alliance is governed by Avadon and its leader Redbeard who protects The Pact from outside enemies and ensures orders within the five nations.
The protagonist starts the game approaching Avadon as the newest recruit, only to find out disaster has beset the Black Fortress. Some kind of attack has taken place the player is sent downstairs to help clear up the dungeons. Once this tutorial level is completed the game will begin to open up as the player is given new assignments and quests by other members of Avadon.
There are four Characters to choose from when starting the game. Though they have default names the player can change their name if so desired. The other three characters will be available as party members during the game.
- Tristram the Bladmaster: The warrior class, good at melee combat and can also learn to use a bow for ranged attacks
- Raidon the Shadowwalker: A ninja that can use swords and throwing stars, trades armor for speed and deception.
- Magda the Shaman: Can summon beasts to fight at her side and use magic to aid the party.
- Cordelia the Sorceress: Has powerful offensive spells.
PC System Requirements
- Operating system:Windows® XP / Vista™ / Windows® 7
- Processor:1.6 GHz CPU
- Memory:512 MB
- Hard disk space:300MB
- Video: OpenGL compliant graphics card
- Sound:Sound card
Mac System Requirements