Avernum 4 is the fourth episode in the Avernum series, released in late 2005 for Mac, and later in 2006 for PC. Boasting a new engine, it features new art and mechanical improvements over previous titles. The new engine was created by mashing together the Geneforge engine, and the engine used in previous Avernum titles. This allowed Avernum 4 to retain its familiar turn-based gameplay, but with the Geneforge style point-and-click navigation.
This episode has over 80 areas to explore.You can choose a variety of sides, each with their own beliefs and cities.
Original PC System Requirements
- PC Running Windows 98 or later or Macintosh running System 10.3.9 or later.
- 50 MB free RAM.
- 200 MB hard disk space.
- 1024x768 screen resolution with 16 bit color (Windows) or 32 bit color (Macintosh).
- Avernum 4 runs natively on Intel Macintoshes.
Steam System Requirements
- Operating system:Windows® XP / Vista™ / Windows® 7
- Processor:1.6 GHz CPU
- Memory:512 MB
- Hard disk space:300MB
- Video: OpenGL compliant graphics card
- Sound:Sound card