Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Axiom Verge

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Mar 31, 2015

A sidescrolling action-adventure that takes inspiration from Super Metroid and other "Metroidvania" games. The player controls Trace, a scientist who finds himself in a strange and hostile world.

Axiom Verge is free on the Epic Store until Feb 21

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved this game. If you dig Metroidvanias, it's well worth a try for the price of free.

If you hate Metroidvanias it will be literal torture, because OH BOY. There's a moment or two of inevitable WHERE DO I GO AND WHAT DO I DO?! frustration.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Awesome! Totally forgot I have Shadow Complex here too that I never got around to playing. I'm in for a double dose of metroidvania it seems.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

2 weeks after is Thimbleweed Park, an excellent adventure game.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Axiom Verge is pretty rad. Lots of visually unconventional upgrades.

Also, the story is just very, very strange.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'm in the tiny minority that really didn't like this game. It just made me want to play Metroid. And the sound design. Good heavens, some of those enemies gave me a migraine.

hansberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@therealturk: I'm in a similar boat. I love a good exploration platformer, but this was just okay, to me. The map is what killed it for me: I never felt like I was deliberately approaching or finding a way into a new area. I was mostly just wandering about and reaching locations.

This lead to situations later in the game where I had no idea where to go, and was only finding my way there by wandering. I had never experienced that in this type of game. I usually have at least a general sense of where to go (that-a-way-ish).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.