Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

Nuts & Bolts takes the platformer series in a wild new direction, as Banjo and Kazooie return to battle Gruntilda using unique, player-customized vehicles.

Nuts & Bolts Contest Announced

Ryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By Ryan  Staff
    Not pictured: 100-foot golden statue of your 100-wheeled monstrosity.
    Along with games featuring moral choices, user-generated content was without a doubt one of the biggest trends in video games this year. LittleBigPlanet was arguably at the bleeding edge of this trend, though there's something to be said for the way Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts married the user-generated content with a more traditional gameplay format. LittleBigPlanet's potential seems limitless, but sometimes, it's the limits that help foster something truly ingenious.

Rare seems to agree with this notion, and yesterday announced a contest designed to celebrate the best in-game contraptions built by the folks at home. Seven contraptions will be chosen by “key members of the 'Banjo' development team,” though Rare is being cagey about both how it will decide which contraptions are “the best,” and exactly what the prize will be, beyond saying that it will involve “in-game immortalisation,” and that it “will be really very cool and probably not how you might imagine.” Rare does say that “Once the Banjo team has made its seven selections, we'll reach out to the contraptions' creators via the email addresses associated with their Gamertags and ask them to send us their blueprints for our mysterious purposes.” Mysterious! Here's the official details of how to enter:

To upload a screenshot of your creation to the official contest Web site:
    • Press Start to access the Pause menu, select Photos and Replays, and then select Take Photo. Use the left and right sticks to position the camera, and then press A to take the picture. (Photo mode is available during single-player games or while watching replays.)
    • Select Photos and Replays from the main menu in “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts”
    • Select Open Photo Album, then My Photos
    • Highlight a photo you wish to upload and press the Y button to upload it to banjo-kazooie.com

The deadline for entries is Jan. 4, 2009, 12 midnight PST. This gives players the whole holiday to be creative

Anyone with a copy of “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts” and an Xbox LIVE account can enter.

Participants can enter as many contraptions and submit as many photos as they’d like; just remember that the cream always rises to the top

Be creative! The Rare Judges are hard to impress and the creations that have already been posted to the web are outstanding, so competition is sure to be fierce

Be careful! Contraptions that infringe on copyrighted material cannot be considered in this contest
    Ryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Ryan  Staff
    Along with games featuring moral choices, user-generated content was without a doubt one of the biggest trends in video games this year. LittleBigPlanet was arguably at the bleeding edge of this trend, though there's something to be said for the way Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts married the user-generated content with a more traditional gameplay format. LittleBigPlanet's potential seems limitless, but sometimes, it's the limits that help foster something truly ingenious.

Rare seems to agree with this notion, and yesterday announced a contest designed to celebrate the best in-game contraptions built by the folks at home. Seven contraptions will be chosen by “key members of the 'Banjo' development team,” though Rare is being cagey about both how it will decide which contraptions are “the best,” and exactly what the prize will be, beyond saying that it will involve “in-game immortalisation,” and that it “will be really very cool and probably not how you might imagine.” Rare does say that “Once the Banjo team has made its seven selections, we'll reach out to the contraptions' creators via the email addresses associated with their Gamertags and ask them to send us their blueprints for our mysterious purposes.” Mysterious! Here's the official details of how to enter:

To upload a screenshot of your creation to the official contest Web site:
    • Press Start to access the Pause menu, select Photos and Replays, and then select Take Photo. Use the left and right sticks to position the camera, and then press A to take the picture. (Photo mode is available during single-player games or while watching replays.)
    • Select Photos and Replays from the main menu in “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts”
    • Select Open Photo Album, then My Photos
    • Highlight a photo you wish to upload and press the Y button to upload it to banjo-kazooie.com

The deadline for entries is Jan. 4, 2009, 12 midnight PST. This gives players the whole holiday to be creative

Anyone with a copy of “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts” and an Xbox LIVE account can enter.

Participants can enter as many contraptions and submit as many photos as they’d like; just remember that the cream always rises to the top

Be creative! The Rare Judges are hard to impress and the creations that have already been posted to the web are outstanding, so competition is sure to be fierce

Be careful! Contraptions that infringe on copyrighted material cannot be considered in this contest
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jimbo

GB should enter  'All Engines'... because its aaaaall engines.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus

Jeff's "all engines" is just the tip of the iceburg! I slapped together a plane that uses like 8 jets, every engine i've got, and the *spoiler* super engines from the very end of the game

macandcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By macandcheese

Ohhh so Rare has time to set up contests and immortalize people in their game but no time to make the patch they promised SDTV users would be done almost 2 weeks ago.

xanavi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By xanavi

@ macandcheese : Even if the patch were done, which I'm not saying it is, it still has to go through a lengthy Microsoft QA session before it's released. At least you don't need to read to be able to build stuff in the game.

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By MjHealy

I really really need to buy this. Probably after Christmas I guess

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

Man, I really need to get this game v.v But, first, I need a 360! Damn this economy and it making it hard for a 15 yo HS stuident to replace a smashed 360!

I would so get that prize too...

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By kraznor

SDTV users still exist?

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By spiceninja

There's no chance I'll win but I think the whole "immortalizing" the person in the game is really cool.

Tanuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Tanuki

OoOoOo.  Now if only all my vehicles I made in Banjo didn't suck...  ...damn.  :P

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By RHCPfan24

That would be great...if I could actually build cool vehicles. Still, anyone who is great at that stuff should have fun.

HTTenrai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By HTTenrai

Heh. All my friends that have seen my stuff are egging me to enter, but I feel...unequipped to take on a challenge of this magnitude.

brundlefly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By brundlefly

Ackbar thought the same thing, HTTenrai.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By ImperiousRix

Crap!  Still 6 days til I get this game!
    There's no way I'll have a masterpiece to enter by then!

Lepuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lepuke

That looks like fun.

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By DrRandle

Man I keep forgetting I have this with everything else going on, I should hop back in and start building. That Optimus Prime recreation isn't going to build itself.

AspiringAndy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By AspiringAndy

I brought this game for my Little brother because, my brother and I really enjoyed the demo :)
    Now I will set myself a task to create the best vehicle in the universe!
    The hover car from back to the future would be sah-weet!

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Media_Master

interesting

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#19  Edited By godzilla_sushi

The bar is incredibly high. The vehicles I've downloaded off Live are some of the most creative things I've ever seen. Just brilliant ideas that I never would have thought of.

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By RenegadeSaint

I wish I had time to do this.  I'd go for an all-wheels tumbler.  Only useful for going downhill, of course.

Avatar image for onemanfreakshow
    onemanfreakshow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By onemanfreakshow

YES. FINALLY.

Does anyone think my WALL-E has a chance?

caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Captain_Fookup

SDTV players should not get a patch, get with the times it's 2008 not 1998.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#23  Edited By vigorousjammer

OneManFreakShow... they don't allow copyrighted things to be entered into the contest... if you tried to enter it, you'd just be disqualified...

Avatar image for onemanfreakshow
    onemanfreakshow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By onemanfreakshow

Vigorousjammer:

Aw, that sucks. That's the only mildly creative thing I've done in the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.