Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Banjo-Kazooie

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 29, 1998

Play as lovable goofball Banjo the bear and his bird pal Kazooie in the first of many adventures as they collect valuable "Jiggies" in order to face the vile witch, Gruntilda and save Banjo's sister Tooty.

So do I need Rare Replay to play on xbone?

Czarpyotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I had this on xbox 360 arcade, and don't really want anything in rare replay outside of the two banjo games. Can I play them on my xbox one with the upcoming backwards compatibility stuff?

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#2 FinalDasa  Moderator

No, you don't need Rare Replay. They will show up in your Games and Apps section under 'Ready to Install'.

Here is the current list of backwards compatible games.

Czarpyotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Thanks man!

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@czarpyotr: @finaldasa:

But you do need the Backward Compatibility update to play them right now, right? I had the same questions for Viva Pinata and Nuts & Bolts. Even though they're technically available through Backwards Compatibility right now (via Rare Replay), I was told I still need to own Rare Replay in order to play them right now since the Rare Replay versions of the 360 games are different then the regular 360 games. If you're not in the preview program, you'll have to wait till the fall for the BC update.

Kind of confusing. Would've been smart of them to make some kind of statement.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Right now, you need Rare Replay to play them.

Once backwards compatibility happens, you will not.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#6 FinalDasa  Moderator

@lukeweizer: Yes. Only preview program people can access the handful of titles on backwards compatibility right now. The only other way to play those games on your Xbox One would be through Rare Replay. The backwards compatibility update for all Xbox One users won't be until this fall I believe.

Rare Replay is totally worth getting imo but if you already own a decent chunk of these titles and/or can wait until the fall to play them, then by all means do so.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.