Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

About the Joker....

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By suneku

I'm glad it doesn't look like Nolan's Joker. The game's not about the Dark Knight movie anyways. It needs to find a way to make it feel like a comic... which I believe they're on the right track so far.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Otacon

I had these thoughts when I first saw him. There's cartoon elements but nothing that detracts from the realism. There's even a tiny bit of Nicholson's Joker in there somewhere.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By brukaoru

I agree, I'm glad Joker's design is not like Nolan's interpretation of the character. I also don't mind Batman's classic suit either, but some people think that the Dark Knight costume should be the only one that's used from now on, I just don't agree with that. A variety of costumes is nice to have.

I am really stoked for this game, I hope it's good.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By suneku

Yeah.. and the movie costumes never look as good as the ones in the comics anyways

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

As long as there's no nipples on the batsuit I'm good. And yes, I noticed traces of Nicholson's Joker in there too, mostly in the eyes/smile.

trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By trulyalive
    Everyones_A_Critic said:
    "Judging from the screenshots and the GI article, I think the developers have the tone right for this game. The Joker looks true to the comic, yet also has a very menacing look to him that does away with the silliness factor that sort of comes off of him in the comics."
    I don't know about that...Ever read The Killing Joke or any of the original Batman comics with the Joker? He was downright evil, who went furthur than murder for no means other than his own sick amusement at times. It's mostly the comics from the age of comic book censorship that engrained the joker as being nothing but a prankster-turned-lame ass thief into societies mind. I haven't read any contemporary Joker stories but there are more than enough books with the same twisted Joker portrayed in the film.
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By suneku

The Killing Joke = One of the best Joker story ever.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9  Edited By kush

I have to say that what I've seen from this game has surprisingly impressed me. We may actually have a good Batman game on our hands!

trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By trulyalive

If you've just jinxed it, Kush, I will never forgive you =P

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Oni
    suneku said:
    "The Killing Joke = One of the best Joker story ever."
    "One of the"? Is there a better one? I just read The Killing Joke for the first time and was pretty much blown away. Also uncanny how much of TDK's Joker seems to be based on that one.
    OroJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By OroJackson
    Oni said:
    "suneku said:
    "One of the"? Is there a better one? I just read The Killing Joke for the first time and was pretty much blown away. Also uncanny how much of TDK's Joker seems to be based on that one."
    There is no better one in my opinion.

The fist time you read it, its like a hammerblow from the page, pure greatness.

And the Joker from the Kiling Joke is by far the best Joker (no disrespect to Health Ledger) and that incarnation is my favorite character period (movie, comic, video game, etc) as you can  tell by my avatar.

TheToecutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By TheToecutter

The Joker in this game looks fucking-a. In fact the whole thing does

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By suneku
    Oni said:
    "suneku said:
    "One of the"? Is there a better one? I just read The Killing Joke for the first time and was pretty much blown away. Also uncanny how much of TDK's Joker seems to be based on that one."
    Well if you count A Death if the Family as one, I thought that was one of the best too.
    Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Jackel2072
    OroJackson said:
    "Oni said:
    "suneku said:
    There is no better one in my opinion.

The fist time you read it, its like a hammerblow from the page, pure greatness.

And the Joker from the Kiling Joke is by far the best Joker (no disrespect to Health Ledger) and that incarnation is my favorite character period (movie, comic, video game, etc) as you can  tell by my avatar.

"

Ok i know im going to be lonely on this remark but i didn't really care for 's Joker. Yeah it started off good with Gordon's daughter getting shot right in the beginning but over all it didn't impress me as much as i thought it would. IMO i liked Miller's Interpretation of the Joker. He was only in it for brief moment in the Dark Knight Returns but his plot is oh so much more sinister!

Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Joker

Joker seems to be the only bad guy that always gets to Batman. I always loved the Joker, and I do not enjoy people making snide comments to me trying to link my username to the movie The Dark Knight. Joker has always been the best villain ever. (By the way Jack's interpretation of the Joker into a movie was better than Ledger's in my opinion.)

Shasam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Shasam

I'm glad to seem the classic, comic book joker, I always liked the silliness that came along with his lunacy. I must admit, I don't have much knowledge on the subject, but by looking at the game I can see that they have got the tone and the mesh of MK and DC almost perfect. It doesn't look disjointed, and I think half of that is picking the right kind of design for the DC characters.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pause422

yeah I'm very impressed with what I've seen from this game...which is just very surprising, hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bulldog19892

I'm disappointed from what I've seen of the game. I thought it was going to be a video game depiction of the 'Arkham Asylum' comic book. The comic book was dark, disturbing, ghastly, and definatly macabre, and this game just looks like the regular comic book series.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.