Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

My top five Batman comics.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mordukai
    In honor of the upcoming August  release of Batman: Arkham Asylum I wrote down my top five Batman comic books. I would love to hear what's your pick. 

1. Batman: The Killing Joke.
    2. Batman: Year One. 
    3. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
    4. Batman: Arkham Asylum - A Serious House on Serious Earth.
    5: Batman: The long Halloween.

Honorable mention - Brian Azzarello's JOKER.

Win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Win

I've read all of those except for #4.

but it's a Great List!

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By TheKidNixon

Not a bad list of reading. Though Long Halloween would be my #1; best superhero comic ever written.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mordukai
    @Win: Thanks. You should definitely pick up Arkham Asylum -A Serious House on Serious Earth, Its very dark,scary and demented. It's the only comic book that actually scared me and in fact there was point in the story where the imagery got so strong and heartbreaking it made me tear up a bit and got me to put it down for a couple of hours. I would very much recommend it to any batman fan to read. 
    Bob_Toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Bob_Toeback

I really liked Killing Joke, tho thats the only one Ive read! I should look into these others, Arkham sounds pretty awesome! lol :P
    Edit: Forgot completly about the Hush Comics, those are good too.

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheKidNixon

Arkham Asylum is Grant Morrison at his most unleashed. Very good, if really heady reading. Took me a few times to actually get through it.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mordukai
    @TheKidNixon said:
    " Arkham Asylum is Grant Morrison at his most unleashed. Very good, if really heady reading. Took me a few times to actually get through it. "
    So I see I am not the only who got...rattled...by Arkham Asylum. Though I understand with you as it probably took me about three tries to get through that comic book. Not that it was bad but it's because Arkham Asylum is a mind fuck from start to finish. I view this particular comic novel to be the most demented Batman I ever read. 
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#8  Edited By AgentJ

I would have added Dark Victory. I loved Loeb and Sales batman.

Avatar image for earthwormjohnuk
    EarthwormJohnUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By EarthwormJohnUK

I need to read Arkham Asylum and The long Halloween, I've recently re-read 'A death in the family', the Joker's face when he's beating Jason Todd is absolutely priceless! And how the hell did DC come up with the idea of making the Joker the Iranian ambassador to the UN?!?

I agree with your top three though for my favourite batman GNs. although Hush would be up there too. The biggest let down had to be The Dark Knight Strikes Again...

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheKidNixon
    @Mordukai said:
    "
    @TheKidNixon said:
    " Arkham Asylum is Grant Morrison at his most unleashed. Very good, if really heady reading. Took me a few times to actually get through it. "
    So I see I am not the only who got...rattled...by Arkham Asylum. Though I understand with you as it probably took me about three tries to get through that comic book. Not that it was bad but it's because Arkham Asylum is a mind fuck from start to finish. I view this particular comic novel to be the most demented Batman I ever read. 
    "
    I wouldn't necessarily say rattled, per say, but that book is just not easy to read. The art takes your eyes a while to adjust to, and the general concepts are pretty heady for superhero comics. But that's Morrison for you, always pushing the envelope of your expectations. This book has the best use of Two-Face ever though; both pathetic and sympathetic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.