Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Battlefield 3 Opening Gameplay

realph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By realph

So, some footage from BF3's single player has appeared on YouTube. I think it looks fucking fantastic, and that's coming from a cynic. Fingers crossed eh!

Spoilers of course.

ImaLizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ImaLizard

Hey guys muslims amirite?

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By coakroach

Shoot that dude.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mikeeegeee

No, the video quality isn't stellar, but I have to say this:

When the QTE occurred at about 2:56, I was completely surprised to see "R1" flash up on the screen. Looks very good on the PS3.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By tekmojo

'Rah.

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By thehexeditor

you know they hired a writer ass writer for this when the story starts in media res.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Samaritan

Oh shit! This totally comes out next week!

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By xdaknightx69

cool

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Sackmanjones

yo that dudes from 24. Pretty freakin excited for this game. Also that is kinda terrible camera quality and it STILL looks amazing

bcjohnnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By bcjohnnie

When is he gonna tell me about the fucking numbers already?

McFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By McFly

Geez, talk about a linear corridor FPS!

I'm just kidding. That lighting looks incredible for a console game and I dig the constant Battlefield theme playing in the background. I hope the levels open up later on, like Bad Company 1 and 2 did. And perhaps some more destruction. Stuff blows really well in Frostbite 2!

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Definitely very similar to Black Ops as a narrative premise, at least initially.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By 137

nice

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By selbie

Is that Glenn Morshower voicing the old guy?

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Contro

Cool prologue level, but I expected something more open. The second area looks like it's going to be more fun. I may be wrong but it appears to be the bazaar / Iran map.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Branthog

@FluxWaveZ said:

Definitely very similar to Black Ops as a narrative premise, at least initially.

You mean, similar to the "flashbacks, dawg!" narrative of Black? :)

Regardless, this piqued my interest in the single-player, just a bit. I might have to give it a shot sooner than later, after all . . . even though I still say it's entirely unnecessary for a straight out BF title (of course, I suspect this is part of the path they've set out for BF so that it can have the main features of "that other shooter" and have a new BF come out every year or two).

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Awesome.  It'll be very interesting to see how this will affect MW3 sales.

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By kalmis

Can't wait!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Looks neat, I guess. I'm still not really interested in it, but it at least looks intriguing.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Ok that was pretty damn good. Until the dude was getting shot by an enemy in the next car, and he took cover for 10 seconds waiting for the bloody screen to go down as the enemy just stood there waiting for the player to pop up again 

I'll pass.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jimbo

@selbie said:

Is that Glenn Morshower voicing the old guy?

It's Glenn Morshower voicing the dude that looks like Glenn Morshower in the Glenn Morshower role.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22  Edited By GS_Dan

The animation is fantastic. When the vehicle stops the characters inside look like they have real weight to them.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Contro

Launch Trailer Ahoy

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#24  Edited By big_jon

@AhmadMetallic: What the fuck are you on? So you're telling me that after all the shit you posted about this game, all the people you hassled about their opinions on it, that now you're going to pass because of an AI dude not being aggressive enough during a tutorial? Your loss I guess, man though, you sure did waste a lot of time talking about this game considering you don't like it though.

If you mean the single player as all, then that's weak too, it's like six hours out of your experience, and I'm sure it's worth a shot.

It's like the dip shits who play Halo and Gears, and never touch the campaign which was worked on so hard.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @big_jon:  Something wrong with your panties, bro? Quite aggressive and hostile there.  

you sure did waste a lot of time talking about this game considering you don't like it though.

Since when does criticism mean you don't like something? You're comparing me to the Halo dip shits? You're the fucking fanboy who thinks loving a game automatically means loving everything about it. This game is going to be great, I'm going to really like and enjoy it, but there's a few things about it that deserve criticism. 

I'm sure that's too much for your mind to handle, right? You either thumbs something up or down, you can't handle enjoying it as well as addressing its flaws.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @AhmadMetallic said:
    @big_jon:  Something wrong with your panties, bro? Quite aggressive and hostile there.  

you sure did waste a lot of time talking about this game considering you don't like it though.

Since when does criticism mean you don't like something? You're comparing me to the Halo dip shits? You're the fucking fanboy who thinks loving a game automatically means loving everything about it. This game is going to be great, I'm going to really like and enjoy it, but there's a few things about it that deserve criticism.  I'm sure that's too much for your mind to handle, right? You either thumbs something up or down, you can't handle enjoying it as well as addressing its flaws.
    You saw a couple of sections of a lengthy SP campaign on the PS3 and you'll pass?  Dude, I see your point but you're overreacting.  There's no way in hell you can judge if the game deserves criticism or not in this regard from what you saw.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @SeriouslyNow said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Since when does criticism mean you don't like something? You're comparing me to the Halo dip shits? You're the fucking fanboy who thinks loving a game automatically means loving everything about it. This game is going to be great, I'm going to really like and enjoy it, but there's a few things about it that deserve criticism.  I'm sure that's too much for your mind to handle, right? You either thumbs something up or down, you can't handle enjoying it as well as addressing its flaws.
    You saw a couple of sections of a lengthy SP campaign on the PS3 and you'll pass?  Dude, I see your point but you're overreacting.  There's no way in hell you can judge if the game deserves criticism or not in this regard from what you saw.
    I'm sorry, since when is singleplayer THAT big of an issue for us to even discuss it?
    I didn't exactly judge it, I didn't care about it to begin with, I just saw static AI and made a knee-jerk comment, what's with people's panties today. 

What, just because I'm "the BF3 guy" that means everything I say is some highly thought-out judgement or whatever? I enjoy my ignorant knee-jerk reactions once in a while, I shall never abandon them :P 

Edit: In other words, fucking relax, guys.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @AhmadMetallic said:
    @SeriouslyNow said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

I'm sorry, since when is singleplayer THAT big of an issue for us to even discuss it?I didn't exactly judge it, I didn't care about it to begin with, I just saw static AI and made a knee-jerk comment, what's with people's panties today.  What, just because I'm "the BF3 guy" that means everything I say is some highly thought-out judgement or whatever? I enjoy my ignorant knee-jerk reactions once in a while, I shall never abandon them :P  Edit: In other words, fucking relax, guys.
    One good knee-jerk deserves another.  Reacharound?
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @SeriouslyNow:  No homo
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By big_jon

@AhmadMetallic said:

@big_jon: Something wrong with your panties, bro? Quite aggressive and hostile there.

Since when does criticism mean you don't like something? You're comparing me to the Halo dip shits? You're the fucking fanboy who thinks loving a game automatically means loving everything about it. This game is going to be great, I'm going to really like and enjoy it, but there's a few things about it that deserve criticism. I'm sure that's too much for your mind to handle, right? You either thumbs something up or down, you can't handle enjoying it as well as addressing its flaws.

You said "I'll pass" that doesn't sound much like constructive criticism to me.

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By thehexeditor

I predict the singleplayer to be a linear, 3-4 hour rollercoaster ride.

Doesn't mean I won't love it though. It'll be a nice warming up to the multiplayer experience.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @big_jon:  I thought you were addressing my posts in general which usually criticize the multiplayer's lack of PC features and the sucky new conquest mode. 

Read the few posts after yours, I said it was a random knee-jerk comment.
    Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Sooty

@mikeeegeee said:

Looks very good on the PS3.

How can you tell from that terrible quality video?

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By big_jon

@AhmadMetallic: It's all good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By 137

@AhmadMetallic said:

Ok that was pretty damn good. Until the dude was getting shot by an enemy in the next car, and he took cover for 10 seconds waiting for the bloody screen to go down as the enemy just stood there waiting for the player to pop up again I'll pass.

once you unlock ahmadmetallic hardcore mode you die if you get shot and you can only save 3 times. still pass?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.