Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Some Little Bird Love

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Jup! The MH-6 Little Bird and maybe AH-6 are in the game...     

Looking forward to wrecking havoc with these little monsters, I've checked youtube for some Little Bird in action. Found a video from some Iraq war with some Little Bird laying down the law and bringing freedom down hard on the blasted lands of Iraq. Little Bird in action starts at the 4 minute mark. Beforehand it's something a lil bigger. Guess it's the AH-6 attack version of the Little Bird.

Either way, with Frostbite 2, stuff quite certainly will blow up just like this. Crazy wicked! Virtual chopper warfare for evaaaar!

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

cant say im interested much in Little Birds.. to me Battlefield is infantry / tanks / cobra chopper / fighter jets 

but hey im sure it'll be fun. Wait, how did you know that those birds are playable ?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Seppli
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " cant say im interested much in Little Birds.. to me Battlefield is infantry / tanks / cobra chopper / fighter jets  but hey im sure it'll be fun. Wait, how did you know that those birds are playable ? "
    There's a little bird in the trailer. Sure it's SP, but damn if that thing won't be in MP too. Little Birds were in Desert Combat mod and they were crazy awesome there too. Just the right kinda tool for urban chopper warfare.

Really hoping those dual gats and rocketpods are on it. Inserting 4 dudes behind enemy lines and ripping appart the opposition with dual gats. Dream come true.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Seppli said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " cant say im interested much in Little Birds.. to me Battlefield is infantry / tanks / cobra chopper / fighter jets  but hey im sure it'll be fun. Wait, how did you know that those birds are playable ? "
    There's a little bird in the trailer. Sure it's SP, but damn if that thing won't be in MP too. Little Birds were in Desert Combat mod and they were crazy awesome there too. Just the right kinda tool for urban chopper warfare.  Really hoping those dual gats and rocketpods are on it. Inserting 4 dudes behind enemy lines and ripping appart the opposition with dual gats. Dream come true. "
    sounds deliciously tasty. count me in
    buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By buft

Damnit you crushed my hopes that there was an ACTUAL little birdie in the game. :(

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Ramone

Wasn't there a little bird in one of the expansions for BF2? Or maybe that was a mod. 

EDIT: Yep, just checked, it was armoured fury.

Solemn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By Solemn

Shit will be wild if the MH-6 is included in multiplayer.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Bah screw Little Birds with mounted weapons. Give me one with seats and a trained flag assault squad and I have them flown to flags and back again in no time. I was always the transport pilot in Vietnam and BF2.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Donos

I just remember the little bird being broken in BF2 MC, I hope they figured out what "balance" means since then.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By big_jon

That's fucking crazy.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Venatio
    @PhatSeeJay said:
    " Bah screw Little Birds with mounted weapons. Give me one with seats and a trained flag assault squad and I have them flown to flags and back again in no time. I was always the transport pilot in Vietnam and BF2. "
    Transport pilot has always been my thing too, been one in BF2, 2142 and BF:BC2
    Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I hope in BF3 they get the choppers to control as easily as the Huey from BC Vietnam did. That thing was sweet to fly.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gizmo

That video kinda makes me sick, like watching a snuff film. Amazing how desensitized Westerners are.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CaptainCody
    @buft said:
    "Damnit you crushed my hopes that there was an ACTUAL little birdie in the game. :( "
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Seppli
    @Gizmo said:

" That video kinda makes me sick, like watching a snuff film. Amazing how desensitized Westerners are. "

I actually giggled like a schoolgirl and said aloud 'Okay daddy. I'm gonna be a good boy now.'. Never ever do I want the law being brought down on me that way. Always respecting order. Always running, if order doesn't respect me. Fighting is for videogames. Not ever will I expose myself to such odds as tiny little choppers with mounted gatling guns and rockets and stuff being on the hunt for my tender flesh. Modern killer machines are so badass, I'm officially pacified forever.

Also - ever played a Battlefield game? Yeah - no respawns in real life. Anybody with half a brain should be put off of real life military service when playing games like BF (who am I kidding - there's no other like it), despite it being cockful of 'romantic' ideas and images of bravery and heroics set against that grandios backdrop of full scale war. Like Jamie Foxx's character in 'Jarhead' says... he's doing it for the scenery - being where the world is set on fire. The rest of the job is pretty much dog poop. You're a hero just for putting up with all of that punitively boring shit.

Looking at perps like Gaddafi and Kim Jong Il, sadly - awesome killer machines such as the Little Bird are a necessity still and they will be until 'World War 3 - Global Unification Wars' will be done and over with.
    easthill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By easthill

Loved the Little Bird in BF2 - that thing could move.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By big_jon
    @Gizmo said:
    " That video kinda makes me sick, like watching a snuff film. Amazing how desensitized Westerners are. "
    Watch that Apache atrocity video if you want to see something that makes you sick.  Innocents being shot with the 30mm cannon, fucking war mongers.

This is just watching explosions, that video is fucked up and made me pretty angry.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Seppli
    @big_jon said:

" @Gizmo said:

Watch that Apache atrocity video if you want to see something that makes you sick.  Innocents being shot with the 30mm cannon, fucking war mongers. This is just watching explosions, that video is fucked up and made me pretty angry. "
    That was disturbing. Really shitty situation. I can see how the cameras were seen as weapons though. Those soldiers must be on edge all the time and getting that permission to fire is giving that tension an outlet. Can't imagine how relieved I would be, if I thought there were hostiles on the ground and I got that permission to open up. Of course that's been a fucking atrocity nontheless. I'd be so incredibly pissed if I got shot at by an Attack Chopper being a non-combatant myself. Damn - the kids in that van... and that dude that came in. Those were just good samaritans trying to help. Talking about bad fucking luck.

Seeing how colleteral damage is gonna happen in a war and plenty mistakes are gonna be made when under such kind of stress and pressure, there's really but one thing to learn - flee the country when there's war. No matter the inconvenience and cost. Nothing good will come from sticking around in a wartorn country. Guess that's not always an option.

Just hoping I'll never be in that kind of situation. War is fun in games, but the reality of it is horrifying.

Here's the video in question. Watch at own risk. This stuff is messed up.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Seppli said:
    "

"
    ... god... damn ... the fuck is the matter with the american army? fucking savages 
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Jayross

Those gun cams are always shocking... regardless of who is being targeted.  

Now, on to fun and games... 

Little birds in MP would be amazing. I want to see them be used for both attack as well as transport. Imagine dropping off a squad on a roof.. that would be amazing.

DTKT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DTKT

Stafing a building and seeing the facade just collapse just sounds orgasmic.

What has me worried is the amount of destruction that will be enabled in the SP and multi. It seems we haven't seen much of it.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @DTKT:  what do you mean? we've seen the destruction in the SP, and we've already experienced destruction in the MP in a battlefield game

destructibility is the least of our worries, friend !
    DTKT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DTKT
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @DTKT:  what do you mean? we've seen the destruction in the SP, and we've already experienced destruction in the MP in a battlefield game

destructibility is the least of our worries, friend !
    "
    The Hotel sequence could have been scripted and it probably was. The balcony chipping away was nice by it could have also been scripted.

We havent any destruction in MP. Not convinced yet. :)

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @DTKT:  hmm.. good point
    im sure DICE wont disappoint
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Seppli
    @DTKT said:

" Stafing a building and seeing the facade just collapse just sounds orgasmic.
    What has me worried is the amount of destruction that will be enabled in the SP and multi. It seems we haven't seen much of it.
    "

There's a screenshot of how Destruction will work in MP. It's like a mid-sized metropolitan 'Paris-style' building. Destruction will 'spill out' and bury people standing next to it. Obviously we won't be able to enter every building and room in a metropolitan envirionment, but we certainly will be able to destroy everything. Meaning, we will level the cities we fight in eventually.

The one sample of 'spilling out' destruction we got thus far.
    DTKT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DTKT
    @Seppli said:
    " @DTKT said:

" Stafing a building and seeing the facade just collapse just sounds orgasmic.
    "

There's a screenshot of how Destruction will work in MP. It's like a mid-sized metropolitan 'Paris-style' building. Destruction will 'spill out' and bury people standing next to it. Obviously we won't be able to enter every building and room in a metropolitan envirionment, but we certainly will be able to destroy everything. Meaning, we will level the cities we fight in eventually.

"
    Again, this seems to be a showcase. I'll wait till we have some videos.
    DTKT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DTKT
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @DTKT said:
    " http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21751476&postcount=36

Might not be worth anything but it seems that destruction will be limited in the MP. 
    "
    yeah thats probably for the best.. BC2's complete destruction shouldnt apply to a BF2-like game (BF3) because some key buildings and locations would be completely/quickly destructed which would really hinder the right kind of gameplay

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.