Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta 2

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 20, 2014

The sequel to the critically-acclaimed action brawler Bayonetta, this time with a two-player online co-op mode and exclusive to the Nintendo Wii U.

Pachter Says He Will Buy A Wii U Just To Play Bayonetta 2

• 54 results
    Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

UPDATE:

The Pach has spoken, again...

“I’m not a fan of the console. Essentially I look at the GamePad and the television, the two screens, and I see a DS that’s disaggregated. It’s very similar to playing a DS game. The difference is, with the DS your line of sight is on both screens. It’s easy to toggle back and forth. With the GamePad on the Wii U you have to look back and forth, and that’s not natural.
    “I understand the console is going to be way more powerful than the DS. It’s entirely possible you’ll get great experiences that are console-like but take advantage of the touch screen. But I think most developers look at the GamePad as either a gimmick or very DS like, and they don’t want to incorporate the touchscreen features because the games aren’t any better for them.”
    “Nintendo will pioneer, they’ll do a far better job than anybody of exploiting the console and the control scheme, and I think others will learn from them,” he added. “I’m afraid we’re going to have a repeat of the Wii cycle from the publishers’ perspective and the developers’ perspective, where very few people will support it. Then if it’s successful they’ll come in, and they’ll fail. When they fail, they’ll go away again. The reason I think they’ll fail is, I can’t think of a third-party publisher that did well on the DS. I mean, Scribblenauts, so there are a handful games and you can count them. Nobody did very well on the DS, and I don’t think anybody’s going to do very well on the Wii U.”

He should read my gameplay impressions of The Wonderful 101, they starkly conflict with his lame view...

No Caption Provided

Haha, this guy never fails to crack me up, his Pach Attack shit is one of my guilty pleasures...

Speaking in the latest episode of Pach Attack, he said the following...

"I’m gonna buy a Wii U just to play Bayonetta 2. I like Nintendo first party content, but I love Bayonetta”

He goes onto predict 1m Wii U's will be bought on the back of Bayonetta 2 alone. Bayonetta sold 1.35 million units worldwide according to Wikipedia. Not bad given it's dire PS3 version, which PlatinumGames have called "our biggest failure".

Link: http://mynintendonews.com/2012/09/29/pachter-says-he-will-buy-a-wii-u-just-to-play-bayonetta-2/

Further Reading:

Investigating The Words of Micheal Pachter by Patrick Klepek

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/investigating-the-words-of-michael-pachter/3566/

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

So... what?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By napalm

And...?

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Snail

He still exists does he?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Animasta

but.. I thought Pachter had a wife?

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By EVO

Slow news day.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ripelivejam

so that's like, what, another ten thousand sales?

(i keed i keed)

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Itwastuesday

but what will he read on the bus

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By evanbower

Did this really happen!? What!? Did the original Bayonetta even sell one million copies? I'm being had here.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By evanbower

@Wong_Fei_Hung said:

@evanbower said:

Did this really happen!? What!? Did the original Bayonetta even sell one million copies? I'm being had here.

Bayonetta sold 1.35 million units worldwide aording to Wikipedia. Not bad given it's dire shit, crap/ fucked up, PS3 version :)

No way, that's great. And makes it even stranger that Sega wouldn't support a sequel for a million seller.. hmm. Anyway, I was already going to get a Wii U, but I'm really looking forward to Bayonetta 2's release. Also, Nintendo kicking off their new console by resurrecting a niche game with a devoted fan base is the kind of feel good story I can really get into.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#11  Edited By StarvingGamer

He may be right. I was going to wait a few year for a Wii U but since the Bayonetta 2 announcement I've decided to pick one up ASAP.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By evanbower

But wait.. Pachter can't really believe that 75% of the people who bought the original Bayonetta will buy a whole new console for the sequel. Sometimes his predictions are so bizarre I'm certain that he is messing with us.

In other fun Pachter news though, I was listening to an old podcast today on which he predicted Rockstar would release a special edition of GTA IV for $100 two weeks prior to the proper release, which fans would have to spend the extra money on if they wanted to play the game early. Good stuff.

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

@evanbower:

They kinda fucked up a bit though, in Japan at least, where most own a PS3 rather than a X360.

I read on GoNintendo that there's a FB page for Nintendo fans to show support for the game, you should join. Apparently Hideki Kamiya himself has endorsed it!.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By egg

How is this even topic worthy much less news worthy? I know he's an analyst but what games he likes / what system he purchases is largely irrelevant. And it's not as if many people aren't excited for Bayonetta 2 so it's not exactly a controversial opinion. :i

avidwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By avidwriter

Can you imagine playing that game with that huge ass weird controller? Yea I'm sure 95% of the fans of the game can't either.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By evanbower

@Wong_Fei_Hung: So, this may be a stupid question, but is GoNintendo a decent place to go for Nintendo related news? Because.. I wan't that, and the only site I've really attempted to like in that area is Nintendo World Report, but they're so far down the Nintendo hole that they kind of seemed out of touch (articles worrying about adapting to dual analog controls).

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By BabyChooChoo

So the game that supposedly didn't sell well when it was on 2 platforms last time will be a huge system seller this time when it's released solely on one brand new console? Huh?

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

@evanbower said:

@Wong_Fei_Hung: So, this may be a stupid question, but is GoNintendo a decent place to go for Nintendo related news? Because.. I wan't that, and the only site I've really attempted to like in that area is Nintendo World Report, but they're so far down the Nintendo whole that they kind of seemed out of touch (articles worrying about adapting to dual analog controls).

I think It's one of the better one's, they don't appear to feel the need to put positive spin on stories during low spells. The guy who runs it, "Raw Meat Cowboy", seems like a really cool guy (amazing beard too!). He's not one of these fans that have the ability to scare when he's disgruntled by something, when he expresses his opinion they always seem rational and fair.

I'd say the best thing to do is to add a range of these sites on fb, and keep track of your home feed there.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By JasonR86

Neat.

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

@avidwriter said:

Can you imagine playing that game with that huge ass weird controller? Yea I'm sure 95% of the fans of the game can't either.

I'm trying my best to after reading this. I'm expecting megatons of awesome :)

“Because of the Wii U GamePad, we are putting extra thought into how to use these differentiating features. There’s a difference in the game design side, but we are enjoying the challenges of creating games for new hardware.”
    - Atsushi Inaba
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#21  Edited By Hailinel

@avidwriter said:

Sure I can. I've played game demos with it and it works fine, isn't that heavy, and to be honest, the size isn't that much of a factor.

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

@Hailinel said:

@avidwriter said:

Sure I can. I've played game demos with it and it works fine, isn't that heavy, and to be honest, the size isn't that much of a factor.

Many seem to be making the assumption that because of size alone, it's uncomfortable, but from my own first-hand experience, nothing could be further from the truth, it's ergonomics are entirely awesome!.

Besides, if their control scheme in The wonderful 101 is anything to go by, it will be fantastic. I expect the GamePad will be used in all manner of torture scenarios and executions, Nintendo will be good at providing that kind of help. I reckon you'll be able to deflect incoming projectiles in first person, initiate, charge or store combos, ride vehicles in FP, etc etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5945386c8a570
    deactivated-5945386c8a570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

since GT changed i havent visited the site nor seen Pach Attack, good show. But i believe the sales may go up only by couple hundred thousand, nothing too substantial.

AsperGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AsperGamer

I never liked Pachter. I don't read his stuff and I don't care for his thoughts. My observation is that he is wrong more often than right. I don't even know why we give him oxygen, but here I am doing it.

What does strike me though how so many react to him. If people agree with him, they defend his right to an opinion. If they don't agree with him. then what he says it not worth a story. They are often the same person.

If it sells, great. If it doesn't, so what. If it sells, it won't be because of Nintendo. If it doesn't sell, it will be because of Nintendo.

cutyoface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cutyoface

Why did you make this thread?

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Baillie

@cutyoface said:

Why did you make this thread?

Dexter's on tonight man! DEXTER IS ON TONIGHT MAN.

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung
    Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@evanbower said:

No way, that's great. And makes it even stranger that Sega wouldn't support a sequel for a million seller.. hmm. Anyway, I was already going to get a Wii U, but I'm really looking forward to Bayonetta 2's release. Also, Nintendo kicking off their new console by resurrecting a niche game with a devoted fan base is the kind of feel good story I can really get into.

Bayonetta is an extremely high budget game much like El Shaddai or Vanquish, so anything short of insane sales isn't going to look great.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By colourful_hippie

Wii U success confirmed!

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By ProfessorEss

It'd be funny if he didn't just so he could say "Hey I can't get em all right".

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#31  Edited By pyromagnestir

Wait a tick, I thought Pachter was an analyst who didn't play games, and that's why people hated him? Because he says stuff about the video game industry but doesn't care about the actual games, or something along those lines.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#32  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I predict that people other than Michael Pachter will buy a Wii-U just because of Bayonetta 2 as well. Now where's my paycheck from Wedbush Securities?

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SmilingPig

I'm not sure that I want to play Nintendo's vision of Bayonetta.

I hope that they don't sensor the shit out of the game.

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

@SmilingPig said:

Yea, that would be a good way of putting off core gamers. I don't think PG would have gotten into the deal if things weren't cleared beforehand. It's also worth noting this won't be the first mature title Nintendo have published.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#35  Edited By Hailinel

@Wong_Fei_Hung said:

@SmilingPig said:

Yea, that would be a good way of putting off core gamers. I don't think PG would have gotten into the deal if things weren't cleared beforehand. It's also worth noting this won't be the first mature title Nintendo have published.

Heck, they're publishing the bloodier, more graphic version of Ninja Gaiden 3.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AngelN7

I'm gonna call bullshit on that (not what Pachter in particular is saying) but from all the outrage you would think Bayonetta was a smash hit but it wasn't if you tell me Fallout 4 is gonna be a Wii U exclusive I can buy your "that game alone will drive 1m people buying a Wii U just to play that".

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By thedj93

1 million consoles? LOL i guess it could happen but that's a perty dubious claim

laussica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By laussica

I know that he is wrong a lot of the time but he is a side of the industry that we don't really get to see. Also he does play video games just a bit more causally, some of his pack attack episodes are really informative when people ask about the business side of things

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By coaxmetal

If I buy a wii u, it will also be just to play bayonetta 2

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Rafaelfc

Bayonetta 2 is a great start to convince me to buy a wii u... but it NEEDS. MORE. GAMES!

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

I still question whether or not Micheal Pachter actually plays any videogames. I think he found a niche audience with his ranting, makes money with it, and so he tries to play the part, but I'm not sure he's really a gamer.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@Krakn3Dfx: us gamers huh?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By toowalrus
    @FluxWaveZ said:

So... what?

The internet likes to hate Pachter. 

Hey, guess what @Wong_Fei_Hung: I'm going to buy a Wii U (mostly) just for Bayonetta, too.
    Nentisys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#44  Edited By Nentisys

I fucking love Bayonetta. I think it is in the top 5 games this gen. But I won't buy a Wii U just for Bayo 2.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#45  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@TooWalrus: I don't hate Michael Pachter, I just didn't see why this would be very relevant. I am also going to buy a Wii U mainly for Bayonetta 2.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By laserbolts

Damn it seems alot of people think very highly of Bayonetta. It's almost as crazy as the type of praise Dark Souls gets. I need to check it out and see what the big deal is.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jack268

Patchter plays video games?

That1BlackGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By That1BlackGuy

Well, to be honest I'm" buying a Wii U down the line for it as well though not as soon as it launches, it depends on the U's lineup of games by that point and whether or not we get a bundle. Hell, I still play the original one of my favorite games this gen.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Ravenlight

Michael Pachter? More like Guy I Don't Agree With. AMIRITE?

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By morningstar

I might do the same.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.