Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Beat Hazard

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 15, 2011

Beat Hazard is a twin-stick shooter by a one-man development team. The beat of the music controls your shots, while the song itself supplies the layout of the level.

Another game for the music lovers out there

n00bosaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By n00bosaurusRex

As of this reading, only 136 people in the Giant Bomb community own Beat Hazard on Steam.  I wanted to spread the word about this fun and simple game and hopefully convince a few of y'all to pick it up.  

Beat Hazard is a dual joystick shooter with an art style similar to Geometry Wars. The game play options or a bit simpler, but it makes up for that with a feature sure to interest any music lover.  This game takes a page right out of Audiosurf's book and lets the player use any mp3 they have available.  The game play and visuals respond to whatever song you're playing.  Its kind of like a fancy interactive version of the visualizers you find in programs like Winamp or iTunes.  

I found the game incredibly satisfying to play from the first song I sat down with and I can't get enough of it.  My friends and roommates all love it as well.  Although it doesn't have multiplayer like Geometry Wars 2, it is fun to sit around and take turns playing with friends.  It also includes leaderboards for those of y'all who like to one-up your buddies.

I could go into detail about how cool the game is when you play a dynamic song, or I could just show you a video of it that I put on YouTube.  Head over and check it out:  Beat Hazard: Lord of the Rings - Requiem for a Dream

The game is only 10 bucks on steam, pick it up here:   Beat Hazard on Steam

p.s. achievements!!!

n00bosaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By n00bosaurusRex

As of this reading, only 136 people in the Giant Bomb community own Beat Hazard on Steam.  I wanted to spread the word about this fun and simple game and hopefully convince a few of y'all to pick it up.  

Beat Hazard is a dual joystick shooter with an art style similar to Geometry Wars. The game play options or a bit simpler, but it makes up for that with a feature sure to interest any music lover.  This game takes a page right out of Audiosurf's book and lets the player use any mp3 they have available.  The game play and visuals respond to whatever song you're playing.  Its kind of like a fancy interactive version of the visualizers you find in programs like Winamp or iTunes.  

I found the game incredibly satisfying to play from the first song I sat down with and I can't get enough of it.  My friends and roommates all love it as well.  Although it doesn't have multiplayer like Geometry Wars 2, it is fun to sit around and take turns playing with friends.  It also includes leaderboards for those of y'all who like to one-up your buddies.

I could go into detail about how cool the game is when you play a dynamic song, or I could just show you a video of it that I put on YouTube.  Head over and check it out:  Beat Hazard: Lord of the Rings - Requiem for a Dream

The game is only 10 bucks on steam, pick it up here:   Beat Hazard on Steam

p.s. achievements!!!

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ArcBorealis

I bought it yesterday. I definetely agree, it is a fun game.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Seedofpower

Oh thats right.... you told me about this. I'll buy it when the semester is done.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By MikkaQ

Dude, this game is the shit. I have it on my xbox, and it's amazing. 

I recommend the works of Mr. Oizo, very bass heavy stuff. 

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Alaska_Gamer:   @XII_Sniper:
                       Does rock/metal music work with it? Or is it made for electronic and disco ?
    EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By EVO

How do you play a dual joystick shooter on PC if you don't have a controller?

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FirePrince
    @Ahmad_Metallic:
    Yes,Rock/Metal works,and it is fucking awesome,listening to something like Motley Crue will surely give you a seziure.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @Alaska_Gamer:   @XII_Sniper:                    Does rock/metal music work with it? Or is it made for electronic and disco ? "
    Just make sure it's.. a bit explosive. Classic rock wouldn't work that well. I mean it does, but nothing works like electronic music in that game, just because of how defined and clear the beats are, and how intense the bass can be (especially in drum n' bass music, but I don't like that too much). As long as it'S kinda "heavy" it'll work real well. 
    ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By ArcBorealis
    @EVO said:
    "How do you play a dual joystick shooter on PC if you don't have a controller? "

Well, with keyboard and mouse, you use the mouse to aim your cursor and WASD keys to move. It's not ideal, since movement is digital, and mouse aiming ia bit awkward. 
    Getting a 360 controller (or a different controller with a internet download) is definetly the best way to play the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.