Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Beat Hazard

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 15, 2011

Beat Hazard is a twin-stick shooter by a one-man development team. The beat of the music controls your shots, while the song itself supplies the layout of the level.

Ok, im terrible at survival, any song recommendations?

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By OmegaPirate

I managed to pick this up in the indie music deal last month and have dabble din it occasionally, but not really got the hang of it. 

When i saw it was one of todays steam challenges my initial thoughts were  
    "Hurray a game i dont need to buy, i can do this" 

Now my thoughts are 
    "I fucking suck at survival mode, and have no idea which songs could get my close to that 3.7 mil mark" 

Any hints, tips or suggestions for songs?

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By MetalBaofu
    @OmegaPirate:   I just got the game today, so I can't offer much in the area of game play tips or anything.  For me, the best I have done so far is playing the first Wolfmother album.  I only managed to get through one and a half songs, but scored 1.9 million.  I'm assuming that if I level up a bit more to get some of those better starting powerups or whatever and learn those particular songs, then I think I might can hit the needed score for that objective.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I've played quite a bit of the game and still can't really commend any specific songs for survival. I'm fine on the "hard mode" but I feel like for survival the game really ramps up the difficulty.

Tairoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Tairoku

A lot of techno and trance stuff lasts a while and can cause a huge amount of low-level enemies to amass. 

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By ESREVER

Stockholm Syndrome by Muse should easily get you the achievement. I'm sure there are many other better choices, but its a pretty good song to play to. Might be a little difficult. Definitely suggest playing with a gamepad.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MetalBaofu
    @Tairoku said:
    " A lot of techno and trance stuff lasts a while and can cause a huge amount of low-level enemies to amass.  "
    That sorta seems like what was going one with the Wolfmother stuff.   Maybe not to the same degree you are talking about, but there seemed to be a ton of enemies at times, and the bosses were constantly shooting.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By ch13696

You would want to use music that is constantly playing. Don't use anything that has any breaks or use anything that goes into a softer tempo. For example I use heavy metal songs like Lamb of God and Devildriver. They stick with the same rhythm and tempo throughout their songs.

Gilsham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Gilsham

iir leveling up will help you quite a lot, also I think if you don't shoot for a while it'll increase your multiplier 

Tairoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tairoku
    @metalhead87 said:
    " @Tairoku said:
    " A lot of techno and trance stuff lasts a while and can cause a huge amount of low-level enemies to amass.  "
    That sorta seems like what was going one with the Wolfmother stuff.   Maybe not to the same degree you are talking about, but there seemed to be a ton of enemies at times, and the bosses were constantly shooting. "
    I find the higher amount of bass, the larger amount of low-level enemies. So, I'll listen to NOISIA and Unknown Error whenever I want to crank out points.
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @ESREVER: Ha, thats like, one of my favourite tracks too xD dunno why i didnt give any muse stuff a try some reason got it into my head that Pendulum or Passion Pit would be easier?! gah, well its 2am heer so ill try that tomorrow and report back if met with success. 

Good job on the recommendations guys, this is probably the hardest of the steam challenges so far i think!
    ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By ESREVER
    @OmegaPirate: I don't know, Undergarden was difficult for me. But that was a problem with the quest activating. I played through the first level and HATED it. Game does not control well with KB/M. When I exited it out and found that steam had disconnected me. I regrettably loaded it back up and goofed off in the level selection then closed it back out to see if I got it finally. I did, thank goodness. 

Anyways, good luck on Beat Hazard! It's a really fun game if you can find the right tracks for it.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HandsomeDead

Confusion (Pump Panel Remix) by New Order.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MetalBaofu
    @OmegaPirate said:
    " Good job on the recommendations guys, this is probably the hardest of the steam challenges so far i think! "
    Hardest for me so far(out of the ones I've tried to get) has been the one for Shatter.  Mainly because I can't even unlock the required mode because I can't beat the round stages in that game to save my life.@Tairoku said: 

" @metalhead87 said:
    " @Tairoku said:
    That sorta seems like what was going one with the Wolfmother stuff.   Maybe not to the same degree you are talking about, but there seemed to be a ton of enemies at times, and the bosses were constantly shooting. "
    I find the higher amount of bass, the larger amount of low-level enemies. So, I'll listen to NOISIA and Unknown Error whenever I want to crank out points. "
    Cool....I'll try checking out some of my higher bass stuff and/or try out the stuff you mentioned.
    mithhunter55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By mithhunter55

nothing soft!  Either some good electronic/techno, high BMP means your shooting more. Maybe some metal if you prefer.

Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Ferginator4k

I dunno, I hit one of the highest ranks a while back so i start with a ton of bonuses which makes it easier. 
    Tip- Play on Suicide difficulty. You get higher scores much easier on higher diffs.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By OmegaPirate

Alright i finally managed to break the challenge score (almost doubled it in fact if i hadnt been so dumb) 

I managed to get it by starting on  
    "Thoughts of  a Dying atheist" by Muse from the "absolution" album 
    I then finished that song as well as the next "TSP" and eventually ran out of lives on the final track "Rule by Secrecy" 

Final time of just over 5 minutes and final score of just under 6 mil. 

Now i am terrible at this game so if i managed to get that on those 3 songs then just about anyone can! so anyone having issues be sure to give that a try!! 

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MetalBaofu
    @OmegaPirate:   I managed to get it with Muse as well.  I started with the song Stockholm Syndrome, though.  Managed to last 12 minutes and got 6.9 million.
    TURbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By TURbo

Choose fast paced songs. That's the big one. I used Anamanaguchi and lasted almost 2 hours.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.