Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Beyond Good & Evil

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 11, 2003

The story of a young, curious, and green-loving photojournalist named Jade, out to unravel an alien conspiracy on her home planet of Hillys.

PSN/XBLA vs. PC Version

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By iDarktread

Is this game worth the 10 dollars to buy on a console, having never experience it with a controller? 

I've enjoyed the small amount of time that I've put into the Steam version, but am wondering if it's one of those games that just works better with a controller than the mouse and keyboard combo. I purchased the game on a Steam sale for less than 10 dollars, so I wouldn't be losing much in a version change. 

What do you guys think?

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Funzzo

you can use xpadder or something similer to map your keyboard to a game pad. Also what OS are you using?
    L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By L33tfella_H

Is it confirmed to be 800MSP/10$? 

The PC version is the one I've played over the years and it seems alright enough, although you do have to get used to the controls being digital thus you need to stop every so often while sneaking around. Not sure if there's analog support if you have a controller plugged in or not.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrKlorox

Yes it works better with a controller, from the short time I've played on the original xbox rental. I hated the PC version's interface and presentation issues and refused to finish it when I bought it on PC. I'm definitely buying it again when it's re-released for current consoles.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

The gamecube version was where it was at.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By vidiot

You should still put down some money for this version. From what I understand: Textures have been redone, as well as the game's soundtrack. The idea that this is just the PC version (because of it's higher resolution) with gamepad support is invalid.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iDarktread
    Thanks for the replies. I have another question now, though: HD 360 or PS3 re-release vs PC 1920x1080? 

@Funzzo
    said:
    " Also what OS are you using? "  
    Windows 7 64-bit, and it runs fine after some tweaks.  

@wolf_blitzer85
    said:
    " The gamecube version was where it was at. "  
    I would go out and buy that version so I could use my Wireless WaveBird controllers and component cables for Wii, but for 10 dollars, getting the 360 or PS3 version in HD seems like a good choice.
    Wiseblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wiseblood

The PC version doesn't support widescreen resolutions and is letterboxed.  If you have a 1080p monitor the best you can get is a 1440x810 rectangle in the middle of your screen (1440x1080 with letterbox, if the game even supports that resolution).   Full screen HD on the remake will be better.

Avatar image for deactivated-64b8656eaf424
    deactivated-64b8656eaf424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The texture work they have done of this is quite significant based on some still shots I saw.
    The PC version looks kind of rough these days, the textures are just muddy as shit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.