Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Feb 09, 2010

Ten years after the events of the first game, Subject Delta is awoken and must unravel the mystery behind the Big Sisters and his own past in the ruined underwater city of Rapture.

My Problems With Bioshock 2 (SPOILERS)

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I finished Bioshock 2 yesterday and I found myself really disappointed. The game itself is pretty good, but my complaints are mainly directed towards the ending of the game. First of all, the game hypes up that you need tons of ADAM and all to get stronger, but at the end of the game I felt like I didn't really need much of it. I simply had to hold back enemies and destroy pipes. After the Fontaine boss battle in the original Bioshock, you would think that they could've done better here. Alas, the least they have you doing is killing the same group of enemies you killed earlier and shoot pipes. Then end cutscene didn't make it any better (I went for the good end) where it was pretty much "Yeah everyone made it out and they all lived happily ever after." 

Is anyone else disappoint? I am very disappoint.

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By TheSeductiveMoose

Well you died in the end, which made me a little sad.

I still prefer this ending to Bioshock's.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SSully

It was much more fun gameplay wise then the first bioshock, but the story was pretty stupid. As far as the final fight goes the Fontaine boss battle was stupid and easy, all you had to do spam everything you had at him, the fight with the two big sisters was harder then that. 

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @TheSeductiveMoose: That was something that made little sense to me. How and why did you die?
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By natetodamax

Subject Delta dies in the end? o_o 

I didn't really know that, I don't think. The last 30 minutes of the game were like whaa.......

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee
    @Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
    " @TheSeductiveMoose: That was something that made little sense to me. How and why did you die? "
    He died because of the bond broken between Eleanor and Delta, when she was so put close to death from suffocation. And I can only say as much for the Good ending, but Delta dies so he can then, somehow, become apart of Eleanor...or something. It's pretty screwy nearing the end.
    Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheSeductiveMoose
    @Metal_Gear_Sunny said:

" @TheSeductiveMoose: That was something that made little sense to me. How and why did you die? "

Happiness Overdose?
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By natetodamax

From Wikipedia: 

There are several possible endings depending on how the player has performed during the game; these are based on whether the player has rescued all the Little Sisters or harvested ADAM from them, and if they have spared the lives of certain non-player characters (like Holloway and Poole) within the game. In general, if the player's actions are benevolent, Eleanor will save Lamb, and if otherwise hostile, will allow Lamb to drown. When the pod reaches the surface, Eleanor and the rescued Little Sisters find a dying Delta barely hanging onto the pod. Again, depending on the player's actions during the game, the ending will change. If the player has generally performed good deeds, Eleanor will absorb ADAM from Delta, taking her father's spirit into herself, and leaving Rapture behind forever. If the player has performed too many destructive actions, Eleanor will absorb Delta's power and use it to make herself even stronger to dominate the world. A mix of actions may leave Eleanor to opt against absorbing Delta's ADAM and mourns for Delta's passing.    

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
    He died because of the bond broken between Eleanor and Delta, when she was so put close to death from suffocation. And I can only say as much for the Good ending, but Delta dies so he can then, somehow, become apart of Eleanor...or something. It's pretty screwy nearing the end. "
    Alright, yeah, that makes sense. 

@natetodamax: I think Wikipedia explained it better than the game did.
    AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By AuthenticM

I had no problems with the ending.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By kerse

I got the good ending and it all made perfect sense to me after listening to all the dialogue throughout the game. I loved the ending, it made me feel good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.