Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Feb 09, 2010

Ten years after the events of the first game, Subject Delta is awoken and must unravel the mystery behind the Big Sisters and his own past in the ruined underwater city of Rapture.

Stop bashing this game when you know nothing about it.

Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mr_Bubbles

O.K, so in a similar thread to that of K0rN's, I will explain a few things. 

Statement: BioShock didn't need a sequel, there is no way they could continue the story of the first. 

Answer: This is true, that's why if you have seen interviews or other previews you would know that this is a prequel. 
    BioShock took place in 1960, BioShock 2 will take place in 1959. In 1960 you came in as just a normal guy in a bad situation with a city  
    completely falling apart. In BioShock 2, you will play as a Big Daddy, and you will destroy that city be a part of rapture and what's going on, you 
    won't just be a random character, you will be in that city taking part as one of the inhabitants of Rapture. Sounds very cool to me. 

Statement: BioShock 2 doesn't need online. 

Answer: Well, it doesn't need it, but certainly will add longevity for some people, and to the other people I will say...don't play it.  
    You could tell in the latest  interview that the devs spent more time with single player.  
    They said in those extra few months they had to develop the game that they added  4 more online modes, making that a total of 7.  
    Those modes probably would have just been patched in because they couldn't have gotten them in for the deadline, and  
    wanted to make the single player as good as possible. Because BioShock is generally a single player game. 

At least, that's what I got out of the interview. 

So please, don't bash on this game, but also don't defend it. This game is not out yet and it will be out very soon. Just wait until then and then  
    you can say whatever you want about it. Even if you still hate it, you won't make my experience with the game any different. I'm not going to say  
    "I love this game! But "person" doesn't, so this will make the game worse for me."

Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Mr_Bubbles

The site was buggy and the alignment was really off. Sorry.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Rayfield

SEVEN online modes? What the hell?
    PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By PerryVandell

You do realize that Bioshock 2 is set 10 years after the first game and that the multiplayer is set before the first game right?

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By thatfrood

I agree, let's stop talking about this.

Avatar image for aperturesilence
    ApertureSilence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By ApertureSilence
    @Mr_Bubbles said:
    Answer: This is true, that's why if you have seen interviews or other previews you would know that this is a prequel. 
    BioShock took place in 1960, BioShock 2 will take place in 1959. In 1960 you came in as just a normal guy in a bad situation with a city  
    completely falling apart. In BioShock 2, you will play as a Big Daddy, and you will destroy that city be a part of rapture and what's going on, you 
    won't just be a random character, you will be in that city taking part as one of the inhabitants of Rapture. Sounds very cool to me.   
    You, sir, are very confused.
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By beargirl1

people usually get angry over things like this. it's best just to shake it off and enjoy the game when it comes out. 

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Afroman269

Bioshock 2 takes place after Bioshock 1 unless your referring to the lame attempt that the multiplayer is trying to pull by being some prequel.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By thatfrood

Although I never really liked the argument "don't diss it if you don't know anything about it".
    The game has previews, trailers, gameplay videos and dev discussions about it. We've got plenty of material to go off of. Not to mention the fact that Bioshock not necessitating a sequel is a very real complaint.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Toxin066
    @Mr_Bubbles said:
    "So please, don't bash on this game, but also don't defend it. "
    So...we just let it sit there. And ignore it. Like the kid in the corner who picks his nose. He doesn't belong. We don't defend him sitting in the corner and mining for gold, but we don't bash him for his alternative lifestyle choice.
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Andorski

Hence why people will complain, praise, and critique anything and everything on the internet.
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

Stop defending this game when you know nothing about it 

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @Andorski: I love xkcd.
    jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By jimi
    The multiplayer is a pointless gimmick that people will play for possibly a week. It wont add longetivity if nobody is playing it, people will soon go back to MW2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.