Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

Bioshock Infinite Soundtrack?

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Anyone know where I can get this, or is it really only exclusive to the special editions of the game? I'm willing to pay for it, but I can't find it any where!

If anyone has it, I would love to be able to get it from you. I know this is probably illegal, but dude. I want it. Someone throw me a bone!

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Pretty sure the OST is exclusive to the special editions.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By oraknabo

I was really surprised to hear a Beach boys song, but the barbershop quartet style made it fit in. Goodnight Irene also fits the times, but I thought it weird that a store radio was playing "Ain't She Sweet" which came out 15 years after the story is set. Is this music a clue to later alternate reality stuff or is it just anachronistic for its own reasons?

realph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By realph

Yeah, I was wondering how they had the barbershop quartet singing "God Only Knows" when that song came out sometime during the 60s. Same with "Tainted Love" playing in one of the bars in Shantytown.

By the way, did anyone catch the Cyndi Lauper "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" cameo hidden behind a tear? That was awesome!

realph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But seriously, what about that music? When I heard this when seeing Elizabeth for the first time I thought it would fit perfectly besides any Disney animated feature of the 90s (like Beauty and the Beast) – it's just that good!

Loading Video...

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

@realph: You hear the old-style version of it playing on the radio earlier in the game just after you choose the cage or the bird.

trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

@oraknabo: @realph: Hey, guys, I'm gonna drop you with a spoiler to answer your question about the anachronistic music. At your own risk:

Elizabeth and Booker aren't the only ones discovering tears in Columbia. A musician is finding them and hearing music come out of them and, basically, ripping them the fuck off. Hence Cyndi, Beach Boys, Marilyn and a few others. It's revealed by a Voxophone about 2/3rds through the narrative, a little bit off the beaten path.

@realph: That's an awesome piece of music, but I feel like there's a single note missing at the end of the song. When it scales down through the notes, I would have written it dropping once more. I hate it when songs feel like they're almost there, but stop just short.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

@oraknabo: @realph: Hey, guys, I'm gonna drop you with a spoiler to answer your question about the anachronistic music. At your own risk:

Elizabeth and Booker aren't the only ones discovering tears in Columbia. A musician is finding them and hearing music come out of them and, basically, ripping them the fuck off. Hence Cyndi, Beach Boys, Marilyn and a few others. It's revealed by a Voxophone about 2/3rds through the narrative, a little bit off the beaten path.

@realph: That's an awesome piece of music, but I feel like there's a single note missing at the end of the song. When it scales down through the notes, I would have written it dropping once more. I hate it when songs feel like they're almost there, but stop just short.

Its said somewhere EVERYONE can see the tears but only Liz can mess with them.

trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

@the_laughing_man: That makes sense but other than Liz, Booker, The Letuces and I think The Finks, nobody seems to acknowledge them.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

@the_laughing_man: That makes sense but other than Liz, Booker, The Letuces and I think The Finks, nobody seems to acknowledge them.

In a city of Raciest crazy people...

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found a link to it, not sure if it would be allowed but if it I will be happy to share (alo it looks like a straight mess at first DL with no track ordering, album grouping, or cover art, so with 28 songs it takes a bit to get it all pretty looking if you are crazy as I am).

It is kinda spoilery as it features game dialoge, but yeah

realph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By realph

@TrulyAlive That is amazing! Now that I think of it, I remember an Voxophone where someone mentions someone's music and dubs them the "Mozart of Columbia". Thanks for clearing that up! This game just gets better and better!

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Ha! The beach music was great. I heard Tears for Fears shows up in here at some point too.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#14 jeanluc  Staff

Yeah the core soundtrack is awesome and the excuse they use to get future songs into the game is genius.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By gaminghooligan

Shiny Happy People was the best, caught me completely off guard.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

Soundtrack being exclusive to premium version is awful. I mean honestly, how was I to know there'd be music exclusive to the soundtrack that would be absolutely worth having before I knew Fink was stealing music from the future?

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I came here to make this exact topic. I don't want to acquire the soundtrack through shady means, but I really want it. It's crazy that it's not on iTunes or at least available through their website.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They did a fantastic cover of Tainted Love and Everybody Wants to Rule the World, I'd love to own full versions of those songs.

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

You know what would have been awesome? If they had some super modern electronic cover in there. Imagine hearing an old timey version of Around the World or something.

Gildermershina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Gildermershina

So when I started the game, got to the baptism to enter Columbia, I kind of just hung out there listening to the choral music for a while. Didn't realise it was Will The Circle Be Unbroken, but man, so beautiful. They really nailed the tone of that scene.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.