Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

Box Art Released

• 173 results
    Mendelson9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151  Edited By Mendelson9
    kingjulesxii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#152  Edited By kingjulesxii

@AngelN7: Holy shit I thought the PS3 art was a joke

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#153  Edited By kishinfoulux

I will NEVER, for the life of me, understand why people make a huge fuss about boxart.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Twiggy199

I would of just gone with the actual logo.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Cold_Wolven

I just find it weird that Elizabeth is nowhere on that cover even though she feels more like the star of the game than Booker. The least the cover art could have had was both Elizabeth and Booker as that would've represented the game better but then again I'm getting the Steam version so it won't affect me too much.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By HerbieBug

@kishinfoulux said:

I will NEVER, for the life of me, understand why people make a huge fuss about boxart.

It isn't just about box art. This is something endemic of a larger problem in current gen gaming. Pandering, dumbing down, homogenizing and utter disregard for any kind of artistic integrity. All based on a (flawed) assumption that homogenizing of games = more sales.

@Cold_Wolven said:

I just find it weird that Elizabeth is nowhere on that cover even though she feels more like the star of the game than Booker. The least the cover art could have had was both Elizabeth and Booker as that would've represented the game better but then again I'm getting the Steam version so it won't affect me too much.

Frankly, if the goal was impulse shelf sales, I'm surprised they didn't put Elizabeth front and center leaning forward to provide a closeup shot of her cleavage. :D

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Rainbowkisses

@HerbieBug said:

So Ken admits the cover is pandering in hopes of additional game shelf impulse purchases. Nice. He's essentially saying, if I was some fucking dipshit moron wandering around in Walmart looking for shiny things, this is the kind of cover that would catch my interest.

Well, those are the type of people who are going to make an impulse purchase based on the cover art. They already know that fans will buy it regardless of the box art. The whole idea of cover art is to sell the game. This cover gets across that this game is a shooter. People buy shooters.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By HerbieBug

@Rainbowkisses said:

@HerbieBug said:

So Ken admits the cover is pandering in hopes of additional game shelf impulse purchases. Nice. He's essentially saying, if I was some fucking dipshit moron wandering around in Walmart looking for shiny things, this is the kind of cover that would catch my interest.

Well, those are the type of people who are going to make an impulse purchase based on the cover art. They already know that fans will buy it regardless of the box art. The whole idea of cover art is to sell the game. This cover gets across that this game is a shooter. People buy shooters.

How about they just take out the magic stuff, put it on land, take out most of the story, use the Call of Duty control scheme and put in fucking deathmatch multiplayer. Cause that's what sells right? How about we make every game from here on out a shooter?

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#160  Edited By uniform

The concept of a person only able to afford/have time for 3 games a year making impulse purchases based on a box cover sounds like such nonsense to me. I don't think these people are being given enough credit here. People are not that frivolous. If anything, they stick with a franchise they know, or base purchases on positive word of mouth from like-minded consumers. People that purchase many games a year are more the type to take those risks.

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Rainbowkisses

@HerbieBug: I'm not saying that the game itself should be simplified to sell to the larger demographic. I'm saying that if a particular aspect draws the attention of you average joe six-pack some of the marketing will focus on that part. Then maybe they will buy that game for the shooting and stay for the story, atmosphere, and aesthetics.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#162  Edited By BeachThunder

@Pr1mus said:

Ken Levine explained the choice of boxart in this interview.

The reasons are perfectly reasonable and understandable, plus the fact they plan on releasing alternate covers could fix the issue for most people.

Was anyone doubting that this was the reason? It certainly doesn't change the fact that it's not even a good 'guy with gun' kind of cover. Also, it wouldn't hurt to have even a little teensy bit of artistic integrity...

Anyway, I think I'm just going to leave this here:

No Caption Provided
    AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#163  Edited By AngelN7

I think everyone should watch this

To me it's totally understandable, if a box art is capable of selling the game to more people then so be it put a dude with a gun on the cover that's not gonna hurt what the game is about.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HerbieBug

@Rainbowkisses said:

@HerbieBug said:

How about they just take out the magic stuff, put it on land, take out most of the story, use the Call of Duty control scheme and put in fucking deathmatch multiplayer. Cause that's what sells right? How about we make every game from here on out a shooter?

Where did you see Ken talking about changing the game? Anywhere? Cause I'm pretty sure that didn't happen. He's talking about box art, the least important aspect of this entire thing. If he was talking about changing gameplay to suit a certain demographic then by all means get up in arms. What you're saying in relation to box art is a massive stretch.
    thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By thedj93

should've been a wide angle picture showing the floating city... how could that not intrigue people?

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Corvak

Whats a box? - PC gamers

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#167  Edited By musubi

@AngelN7 said:

I think everyone should watch this

To me it's totally understandable, if a box art is capable of selling the game to more people then so be it put a dude with a gun on the cover that's not gonna hurt what the game is about.

*sigh* He is right but damn it if I'm still not annoyed by it!

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#168  Edited By Ravenlight

I'd imagined a character named Booker DeWitt to have more of a mustache.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By uniform
    Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By uniform
    @TheSouthernDandy said:

Some real cool designs. I went with #4.

Ditto. I love 4, with my only issue being the logo clashes with it a tad. It's still an excellent choice.
    Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Rainbowkisses

Call me a philistine but #5 is my favorite.

No Caption Provided
    wicked_wumpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#174  Edited By wicked_wumpus

Definitely #4. I love the rough pencil look to it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.