Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

Collector's Edition announced

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Two collector's editions have just been announced for Bioshock Infinite

For 79.99, you get:

- 3" Murder of Crows vigor bottle keychain

- 5x7" lithograph

- 25 millimeter resin Handyman miniature for the upcoming board game

- Art book

- 3 in-game upgrades

Bull Rush: Melee strikes from a sprint have a chance to knock the enemy down.

Extra! Extra!: Audio logs also grant a bounty of “Silver Eagles” — in-game currency.

Betrayer: Killing your possessed enemies causes them to explode in a fireball that deals damage.

- Digital soundtrack

- Xbox 360 gets avatar outfits while PS3 and PC get themes

No Caption Provided

And for 149.99, you get all of this plus a statue of Songbird in the Ultimate Songbird Edition

No Caption Provided

The statue, keychain, and the miniature come in their own special packaging, and it all looks hot. I'm definitely going to change my pre order to the collector's edition, thats a lot of stuff for just 20 bucks extra. I've seen other special editions with even less for the same price.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Collector's Edition for me. That statue is nice but not worth another $70.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By BoG

That statue would go well with my Big Daddy statue...

It's a good thing I'm unemployed, or else I would probably break.

Avatar image for gladiator_games
    Gladiator_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Gladiator_Games

Eeehhhhh... I dunno. I like my swag but just an art book and a bottle opener? I have no interest in a board game. I miss the GTA4 special edition... THAT was swag :D

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By toowalrus

This seems like one of the more boring Collectors Editions out there, eh? I wish more people would do what Borderlands 2 or Uncharted 3 did, and replicate an in-game item. I don't really care for mini statues...

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#6  Edited By BeachThunder

Oh, so this game is actually still coming out? :P

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By musubi

Regular Edition for me thank ya!

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Scrawnto

@Gladiator_Games: An art book is actually my favorite kind of Collectors Edition bonus, so I'm quite tempted to get this myself.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jack268

3 in-game upgrades

What does that even mean in the context of this game? 

Anyway, I guess $20 for the art book isn't TOO bad, but the 'super edition' is just bad for $150. I got a backpack, steelbook, statue and art book for less with Crysis 2, ignoring the quality of that game this just seems like a very weak deal.
    Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

Buying the one with the statue would be super dumb. And I'm probably gonna do it. Sigh. Also there's a board game??? With miniatures I can paint?? Yes please.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@Jack268 said:

3 in-game upgrades

What does that even mean in the context of this game?

Anyway, I guess $20 for the art book isn't TOO bad, but the 'super edition' is just bad for $150. I got a backpack, steelbook, statue and art book for less with Crysis 2, ignoring the quality of that game this just seems like a very weak deal.

I updated the original post with the specific details. Basically, they're like tonics found in Bioshock, stuff that upgrade your character

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I really want that art book.

I wish Skyrim had done something like this where they have an $80 special edition, and then there's a higher tier if you want the statue. Statues ruin everything.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By fattony12000

@BoG: Oh wow, me too! Like two duders in a pod. Er, wait...no...

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MikkaQ

I just remembered how much I hate hunting for audio logs in video games... ugh. Still I'm pretty damn pumped for this game. But not pumped enough for this collector's edition. Not enough interesting stuff. Give me soundtracks, making ofs, production diaries, I hate stupid figurines and knick-knacks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0017840c01a
    deactivated-5f0017840c01a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I KNOW!! Nice news to wake up to! But quick question: I pre-ordered Bioshock Infinite (20 dollars so far) and I saw today they put out the Ultimate and Premium editions of the game. My concern was that I would like to purchase the premium edition when it comes out. Do I just keep putting 80 dollars toward the preorder of bioshock infinite or do I go in store and physically change the preorder?

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By awesomeusername

I want that statue so bad..... GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

The first edition is boring. Why would I want a keychain, a gameboard piece, and DLC? Then that Songbird edition is WAY too much money. $70 for a statue is insane. I'd understand if it was $120 but $150? That's ridiculous. AC3 Collectors Edition offers way better stuff than this. They should cut that price.

Also, The God of War: Ascension Collectors Edition is $80 and comes with a statue, steelbook case, soundtrack, season pass for multiplayer, double XP, 4 skins for the multiplayer, and the cool looking box it all comes in(?). That is $100 or more in value.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By project343

No 'Making Of' documentary? Then I get the regular edition. Thems is the rules. That said, I'm growing increasingly more concerned about this game as time moves forward. Far too many key figures at Irrational have left for me not to be concerned. Something's up with this game.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@rockyhorrorgerri: Go in and change it. They'll have you down for the regular edition, and since this is a limited supply theres a chance they'll run out before the game is even out, and then your out.

@MikkaQ: It comes with a digital soundtrack

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By musubi

@MikkaQ: You are joking right? "Making-of" videos packed in with CE's are the laziest addition to any collectors edition.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @Demoskinos

@MikkaQ: You are joking right? "Making-of" videos packed in with CE's are the laziest addition to any collectors edition.

How dare he enjoy things you don't. I personally also enjoy Making Of DVDs. Not by themselves but when it's included along with other things I find cool, it's fun to watch the development process.
    warchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By warchief

is it up on amazon yet?

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By awesomeusername

@rockyhorrorgerri: Tell them you want to switch to the Premium Edition. That's the only way. Do it before they sell out!

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Gladiator_Games said:

Eeehhhhh... I dunno. I like my swag but just an art book and a bottle opener? I have no interest in a board game. I miss the GTA4 special edition... THAT was swag :D

That lock box.

@Demoskinos said:

Lazy? I have never brought a Collectors Edition in my life but the people that do would probably appreciate a Making Of video.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MikkaQ

@Demoskinos said:

But as someone who actually cares about the processes behind making games, it's a shitload more interesting than some throwaway pewter statues made in china, that as a grown man would frankly be embarrassing to put on display.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DeF

After the awesomeness that was the BioShock 2 CE, this is pretty weak. Statues do nothing for me and digital soundtracks are a big letdown pretty much always. Had they done a CD soundtrack I would've gotten weak, I suspect.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Shawn Elliott is working on this game, they could put him in a making of DVD and it would be awesome.

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

Cool, I'll get the PC version, my Big Daddy needs a pal. The figurine looks like it could break very easily.. I may have to buy in-store to avoid any disappointment.

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By beepmachine

It's not the most enticing, but 20 bucks for an art book, lithograph and funky keychain isn't bad. The statue edition is too much though.

Also, why no steel case? Seems like this game would be perfect with a bronze tinted metal case and an embossed logo.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By musubi

@MikkaQ said:

@Demoskinos said:

But as someone who actually cares about the processes behind making games, it's a shitload more interesting than some throwaway pewter statues made in china, that as a grown man would frankly be embarrassing to put on display.

I guess if you are insecure. Also,It just seems ridiculous to actually charge for a video of that when most places just put that shit on the internet.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ravenlight

@Demoskinos said:

@MikkaQ said:

@Demoskinos said:

I guess if you are insecure. Also,It just seems ridiculous to actually charge for a video of that when most places just put that shit on the internet.

In the same vein, it could be considered to ridiculous charge for the game since someone will put on the internet anyway.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By musubi

@Ravenlight said:

@Demoskinos said:

@MikkaQ said:

@Demoskinos said:

In the same vein, it could be considered to ridiculous charge for the game since someone will put on the internet anyway.

That is in no way a fucking valid comparison. The game is a fucking retail product that they sell for money. They wouldn't be making it period if it weren't for that.

Avatar image for gladiator_games
    Gladiator_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Gladiator_Games
    @Bourbon_Warrior And dat duffle bag!
    CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CatsAkimbo

@Demoskinos I'm still more of a fan of in-game commentary tracks. The commentary for Alan Wake's special edition was especially great, and made a second playthrough totally worth it.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MikkaQ

@Demoskinos said:

@MikkaQ said:

@Demoskinos said:

It's got nothing to do with security, and everything to do with my own tastes. I'd just rather decorate my walls with different shit than video game memorabilia.

And I like having a hard copy of the making of stuff, feels cooler. It's one of the reasons I really liked the MGS 4 CE, it was simple. Just really neat packaging, a CD and a blu-ray with all the weird live-action stuff from the game and some interesting making of videos.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BBQBram

Oh shit, put me down for the Songbird statue! Sigh...I'm so Levine's bitch.

Also, soundtrack on vinyl pls.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#36  Edited By Justin258

@Demoskinos said:

@MikkaQ said:

@Demoskinos said:

What if I don't like statues and don't want them on display?

Anyway, I'll get the regular edition. I don't ever remember getting a Collector's Edition anything, and this definitely won't change that.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
    Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lemmycaution217

Will be getting the collector's edition for the in-game bonus stuff. $150 is just way too much to spend on one game.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39  Edited By PandaBear

@PeasantAbuse said:

Shawn Elliott is working on this game, they could put him in a making of DVD and it would be awesome.

Late reply ... but anyway. Is that still true? I feel like I never hear from him anymore.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By DoctorTran

At first I really wanted Song Bird edition but considering that its just the statue that's added on, and nothing else of real substance, I find it hard to justify the extra 70 bucks. So I'll go with the... Uhhh, basic special edition? For the extra 20, it seems worth it.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BBQBram

@Fredddi43: I pre-ordered the Ultimate Songbird Edition. Because I can.

LordAltmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By LordAltmer

Pre-order made!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.