Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

Event won't appear (details inside).

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Very early on, within the first 30 minutes or so, you're meant to go to Monument Tower and stop at a raffle on the way.

Well, I can hear everyone singing, but when I get to the little stage there are no characters, only a blood stain.

Has anyone else had this issue? Short of restarting the game, I don't know what to do.

Bit of a bummer - I've never had a bug like this before.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I seriously the only one to encounter this bug?

Johnnboy2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Johnnboy2000

<p>I think u need too start over. I didn't have that happen too me but i don't know if u can chose a checkpoint too start from it just Auto saves . Just run thought the first part I know it's a pain but it might be the only way too fix it</p>

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnboy2000: I've actually restarted it twice since starting this topic.

This section of the game is totally borked for me, but luckily enough some dudes found a way to skip the raffle section entirely (unrelated to my issue).

Loading Video...

I just hope something similar doesn't happen later on.

Johnnboy2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are u playing on ?

Istealdreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a repeatable issue after the raffle when you go against the firefighter. If you cast possess on him at the beginning of the fight and then again when his health is low-if he suicides he does not drop the item that you need to get to continue. The progress arrow will just keep pointing you to the place he died at but no item is there. I repeated this bug 3 times and then just killed him with the pistol before I moved on.

mostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I seem to have a similar issue. First point - am I supposed to have a pistol? Because I don't. And I can't pick up ammo because it says I'm full.

Anyway - related to you - first time through the raffle - first guy eats the hook then EVERY other person in the entire area vanishes. Nobody to fight until I eventually ran into the fire dude. Then I get to the turret and get totally hosed because all I have is melee. At this point, I figure, maybe I should have a gun. So I look up the raffle online and it seems like everyone wasn't supposed to vanish and maybe I would get a gun. So, I restart the chapter and now I have your issue. No raffle at all. Yikes. This is super glitched.

Can someone explain what is supposed to happen and if I should have a gun?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mostman: Yeah, that's very similar.

There were no policemen at all in my run, though. I managed to jump past the raffle section using the glitch I mentioned above, but the following area didn't populate with characters either.

I've uninstalled it completely and just finished re-installing it. We'll see what happens shortly. I'm not holding my breath...

Edit: Yup, still have the same issue - this is a total farce.

@johnnboy2000 said:

What are u playing on ?

PC. Sorry, should have made that clearer.

mostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mostman

PC as well here. Not cool.

When you reinstalled, did you have the no person problem? Or just no raffle?

I'm kind of screwed without a gun and no ability to pick up ammo - even with the skipped raffle.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mostman: Yeah, the police/raffle crowd/announcer still didn't appear after re-installation.

I've started a new game multiple times on various difficulties, too.

I've tweeted Irrational to let them know. Hopefully they'll fix it soon, because I was absolutely loving it up until that point - spent about an hour just wandering around looking at things and listening to people.

As is, I can't even play the thing until they address this.

mostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geteveryone: Check the PC thread. I had set a streaming parameter to False to try to increase performance. Turning that back and starting the game over has fixed my problem. Hopefully you had done the same and can do as I did.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mostman: Yeah, I had done that, but changing it back doesn't seem to have fixed anything.

I'll play around with it this evening and see if I can sort it out.

Avatar image for nofatebutwhatwemake
    nofatebutwhatwemake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I renamed my bioshock infinite folder in my documents\my games\ to something else. I also went ahead and deleted all of my .ini files within the game folder and re-downloaded the missing files within steam. This combined with going in the steam folder and removing my save and restarting fixed it. I was pretty disappointed that the game was doing this, and this was the only thread I could find on the issue i was having. So much for listening to the internet about editing .ini files. In the end it was totally my fault. All good now though :) good luck

thetenthdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By thetenthdoctor

I never understood why people think that something as simple as changing a value in the directory to fix issues wouldn't have been done by the developer if that's all it takes. I could understand if this was some bush league company, but a AAA game from Irrational and 2K probably doesn't have any low hanging fruit as far as .ini tweaks.

It needs some patching for sure, but I'm not going to fiddle with anything. If the stuttering could have been fixed with a simple number change without any ill effects, I'm sure the programmers would have done so.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.