Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

Spoilers! The End? BUT QUESTIONS!

Thimblethumb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Thimblethumb

I don't understand the end. Your Booker and your Elizabeth are from a single "door". One door of an infinite number of other doors. How does your death prevent this from happening to all the other worlds?

How does dying in another "lighthouse" differ from dying in your original "lighthouse"

Also the determination of Elizabeth killing you came off a bit odd for me. I didn't feel any emotion in the final scene from her and in fact it was mildly off putting and scary. I was expecting her to be bawling her eyes out, saying she is sorry, even refusing of doing it. The way Booker accepted his fate was cool but I really didn't like how Liz reacted to it especially after being with her throughout the entire game.

The ending was simple, and I love it for that. The piano, the fade away, all that was fantastic. Very simple and neat. We all understand it from Bookers point of view. But what was Liz thinking? Was she so changed/erased by the ability to view all other doors at once that she became less human? A god?

If there are a million versions of worlds devastated by Comstock/Booker surely there are a million other worlds where Anna/Liz and Booker live together happily. Impossible amounts of variables and possibilities. Ending the thread that started it seems pointless for me. You never existed, neither did Elizabeth. You simultaneously made a better world...and didn't.

Essentially? You did nothing. In fact I think you did worse then nothing. It was all packaged up as "for the greater good" but it just came off to me as you did the worst thing ever IMAGINABLE. You denied the right of life.

And this last point I might have missed but I never found out how Liz got her powers.

Pudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

In theory as far as I can understand it anyway, Liz took you to the original timeline and killed you before you were baptized, so Columbia ceases to exist in any dimension, because without Comstock there is no Columbia, no tear machine, and no reaching between dimensions to procure Anna. I didn't see all the alternate lighthouses as representing JUST Columbias though, that's why she took you to Rapture.

And yea, I would say that Liz did sort of become a god. She was able to see through all the dimensions at once and lead you on a whirlwind tour through time and space. Her lack of emotion represented to me that she had lost the part of herself that could care about you, not only because you were the one who tortured her and the one who sold her in the first place, but because you are in essence an ant compared to her intellectually at that point.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Its not really tru to the multiverse theory no.

cheweqfp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

"And this last point I might have missed but I never found out how Liz got her powers"

The female twin leaves an audio log to the effect of Part of her is in the world where she came from (her pinky) and the universe doesnt like mixing it's peas and it's porridge. And says that's how she thinks she got her powers.

If there are a million versions of worlds devastated by Comstock/Booker surely there are a million other worlds where Anna/Liz and Booker live together happily

After the credits there is a tiny bit of game play. i suggest you watch it on youtube (im sure it's there by now though im too lazy to link)

Where you get up from your dest in the office in 1893 (when he gives her away) and you hear rock a by baby play from anna's room and you go in and say "Anna is that you?" it of course fades out before you look in the crib. I think we're to assume that booker gets a do over.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I'm gonna copy/paste/add to what I wrote in the other thread.

Elizabeth says that there are millions and millions of doors, not infinite. Also the Luteces talk about how things find their way back on course even if you try to change them. This seems to imply that while many realities may exist with Booker becoming Comstock, they are not infinite.

Now remember the way actions of interference in one reality effected other realities. For example, all the dudes you kill before traveling through tears with Elizabeth are all fucked up on the other side, despite being alive. This may be because they weren't meant to die in that reality because Booker, a man out of place, was the one that killed them. This doesn't explain Chen Lin, however, so it may have more to do with Elizabeth opening these tears. In any case, with one or many Elizabeths going back to that point to kill Booker out of time may have echoed throughout the other realities to prevent any Booker from going through the baptism and becoming Comstock.

With no Comstock, none of the jumping Elizabeths can exist so they all disappeared. However, that doesn't mean that Booker can't still give birth to Anna later on. This is why Elizabeth can do it with no emotion or remorse. At that point she is sharing in the memories of every Elizabeth and Anna there is so she is not actually dying but rather ensuring that every other instance of herself and her father can have a normal(ish) lives.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Oni

As soon as the siphon is destroyed, Liz sees everything. All the doors, all the possibilities, all the outcomes. She basically becomes a god. She has no remorse about having to kill ComstockPrime at his baptism, because she knows it's for the greater good. And she knows that Booker will continue to exist in infinite dimensions, where he never became Comstock and thus never had his baby stolen by himself.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.