Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

The brilliant balancing act of Episode 2 (Spoilers)

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know that this should probably just go as a comment somewhere, but I felt the need to make a topic out of it. Burial at Sea Episode 2 obviously ties into the original Bioshock in a huge way, as mostly shown through the ending and Elizabeth's final decision. Considering that the Infinite series deals with multiverses and constant dimension hopping, the tie to Rapture could have blown everything out of perspective and made the events of the original Bioshock to seem incredibly less important just in comparison. I really think that Irrational should be congratulated on their deft writing that not only successfully closed the cycle between the two worlds, but also made the original Bioshock still have a significant story, even if it is without dimension-hopping.

(Also, is it just me, or do Irrational seem to think that Bioshock 2 doesn't exist? It was an incredibly unnecessary sequel, but there were still some interesting ideas there).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.