Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Blur

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 25, 2010

Bizarre Creations' Blur mixes the driving of the Project Gotham Racing series with explosive weaponry and allows players to race up to 20 online opponents.

Blur TV Commercial

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ISuperGamerI

I was watching TV last night on Action and they kept showing a trailer for the game. When I first saw it, I kept thinking how they should make their own kart game, when it finally hit me that it was a commercial for Blur. 

It was the one where it looked like Mario Kart with Blur in the background, so what did you guys think about it? I thought it was clever and funny.

Wickstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Wickstrom

It was a clever way to make fun of Mario Kart, but I wish it'd show more Blur gameplay in the ad.

Lobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By Lobst

The commercial itself is very Activision!  It dresses Mario Kart's aesthetics in a really abrasive way, and then argues against this crazy strawman they've created.  They should be commended for finding a compelling way to advertise it in a way that isn't "Hey, we're PGR with cool mechanics and Mario Kart-style weapons!", but the fact that it so cheaply goes against the competition is kind of shady and lazy.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By musubi

Its about as good as an advert as I think this game will get. Comparing it directly to one of the Wii's best selling titles  will  (hopefully) catch peoples attention.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By YoungFrey

Have you seen the French ads?  They aren't exactly progressive.  2 women dressed as powerups (well they might be dressed as strippers too) argue about which is better.  There is some prime pretending-to-play-a-game too.  
    Ad 1
    Ad 2
    I definitely favor the Broklee ad.  I don't think the anybody is really slighting Mario Kart.  Clearly the people at Bizarre Creations like it or they wouldn't have merged it with their game.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.