Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Fourth DLC Announced: Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Following a leak earlier today, Gearbox has confirmed that the fourth and final campaign add-on in Borderlands 2’s Season Pass is Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep. The pack will be released on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on June 25th for free to Season Pass holders, or for $9.99 (800 Microsoft Points) to anyone else.

The add-on revolves around a game of Bunkers & Badasses -- Pandora’s version of Dungeons & Dragons -- led by Tiny Tina. Original Vault Hunters Brick, Mordecai and Lilith are gathered around a table playing through Bunkers & Badasses and you are a character in their game. You'll experience their game as part of Borderlands 2 with Tina serving as dungeon master, narrating the action as it happens and even changing boss attributes, location details, character names and much more on the fly.

IGN had a chance to play through early parts of Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep, so look out for more details and our impressions coming later this month.

Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep marks the fourth add-on released as part of theBorderlands 2 Season Pass, following Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty in October, Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage in November and Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt in December.

As Gearbox teased at PAX East, Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep is the biggestBorderlands 2 DLC yet and is being developed entirely by the internal Gearbox team.

Source: IGN

I guess this is gonna make so many people... happy? I can't say I care for Tiny Tina, and the way Gearbox has been including bosses that are almost unbeatable if playing solo has been a major turn off for me... But I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By MezZa

I'm glad they went with the idea of it being a made up story happening within the game. That should make for some interesting scenarios if they play it out right. I guess the Tiny Tina involvement will irritate some people, but I've never had a problem with her. I just wish the end game didn't feel so tedious. I'll probably play through this dlc while I level up Krieg so I can see its story, but I can't see this suddenly recapturing that borderlands 1 addiction for me.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Oh awesome, they took one of the most hated characters from the base game and made an add-on revolving around her. This can only go well.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I really like the idea of stuff changing on the fly and all that, but Tiny Tiny is just the worst. If it was anyone else as the narrator I would probably play this, but definitely not now.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By gaminghooligan

Man, I want more BL2... but Tiny Tina was just awful imo. That voice acting was like nails on a chalk board for me. Still, I think I can suffer through it for more loot.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The title of the thread alone made me smile because of all the impending rage.

+1 to Gearbox

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Man, I want more BL2... but Tiny Tina was just awful imo. That voice acting was like nails on a chalk board for me. Still, I think I can suffer through it for more loot.

This is what happens when the voice actress is the sister of a writer on the game. Nepotism!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

If haters were taters.

I'm excited, I thought Tiny Tina was a great character.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By joshthebear

Ugh, more fucking Tiny Tina. No thanks.

RupertTheBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So its gonna be like Game of thrones with borderlands? If it is then id like to see a opening version of Pandora similar to Game of Thrones

Loading Video...

tonyp2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Tiny Tina has got to be one of the most "you love em or you hate em" characters. I personally thought she was hilarious but I could see how she'd get annoying fast. Regardless I'm excited for this DLC, I like the idea of playing in a a game like Borderlands in a fantasy setting could be really good mixing those two elements together.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By MEATBALL

I like Tiny Tina, I almost kind of hope she's extra Tiny Tina just to further piss off the people who whinge about her. >_> But if she's tolerable to everyone that would be cool too, I guess. :P

Here's hoping she's extra "racist".

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I wonder if this means the combat scenarios are going to be procedurally generated, interesting way to integrate that aspect into the story through Tiny Tina's dungeon mastering. I'm actually looking forward to this DLC now just to see how they handle it, cuz it might be a whiff like Dynamic Difficulty.

RupertTheBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RupertTheBear

I always see Tiny Tina as the annoying long distance cousin/niece who is going through a ghetto phase. Sure you'll find her annoying but she's part of your dysfunctional borderlands family . Maybe in Borderlands 3 she'll probably grow out of that phase and enter a new one (maniac pixie girl?)

EchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Tiny Tina in concept, but the actual execution made me want to cut my ears off and drown in my own blood. But I have the Season Pass, so I will end up playing this anyway. Maybe the rest of the package will be good enough for me to look past Tiny Tina herself.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Justin258

She is the worst thing about that game. I won't be playing this.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@echoecho said:

I like Tiny Tina in concept, but the actual execution made me want to cut my ears off and drown in my own blood.

Tiny Tina is basically Ashly Burch playing Ashly Burch on cocaine. I can see how some people may find that enjoyable, but even regular Ashly Burch is too much for me.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If haters were taters.

I'm excited, I thought Tiny Tina was a great character.

Thank you ... she was a perfectly fine character, the hate she gets is dumb.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By Humanity

Well it's nice that Anthony is making sure his sister stays employed. Also this is definitely better than releasing another class, although I wonder how many people that bought the game at launch will still have any interest in this? I really enjoyed the base game but once I had finished it and gotten a bit into Game+ there was a very clear moment of "ok I've had enough"

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm not a Tiny Tina hater and I used to play AD&D when I was a kid so this sounds super fun.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

Well it's nice that Anthony is making sure his sister stays employed. Also this is definitely better than releasing another class, although I wonder how many people that bought the game at launch will still have any interest in this? I really enjoyed the base game but once I had finished it and gotten a bit into Game+ there was a very clear moment of "ok I've had enough"

I have the season pass, so I'll be getting this free. Not sure I'll buy the new character at launch, though. I'll probably just wait for a sale on things not included in the pass. I will say that if you have a group of co-op friends that you regularly play with, it extends the length of time that the game remains entertaining by a considerable amount.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck all the haters. Tiny Tina kicks all sorts of ass.

neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You people are crazy, Tina is great.

I played the Scarlett DLC but none of the others. I haven't played since they raised the level cap so I might check it out.

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

I liked Tina and I think Ashley Burch is funny, guess I'm a terrible person. *shrugs at ragers*

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never could figure out the hate for Tina. She seemed no more (or less) exotic (or crazy) as any of the other characters floating around that world.

madpierrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got the season pass so obviously I'll be picking this up. Really glad I got the season pass despite not being as crazy about 2 as the original game. I liked Captain Scarlet, loved Mr. Torgue, still haven't played Hammerhead though and getting the level cap raise and 3rd playthrough for free was a great added surprise. I fall into the camp of not being a big Tiny Tina fan. I don't hate her or anything, but just don't find her to be that funny. If they do the whole Dragon Keep, RPG premise right though this could be great.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

Haters of Tiny Tina can fuck off. She's a fine character, and this is literally the only place I've seen her get so much hate. I knew as soon someone made a topic about the DLC that people would bitch about her being the central character. This DLC sounds great, too. The thing is, I can't really get excited to play anymore BL2 because of how unoptimized for single-player it is, which is how I spend the majority of my time with it.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tiny Tina was awful but i'll hand it to gearbox for basically saying fuck the haters with this. I wish Borderlands 2 was better than what it was though. I was expecting to go through all DLC and everything but after hitting 50 I had no interest in touching the game again.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aw man, all this time I just wanted the last DLC to be about blowing up that stupid Hyperion "H" shaped space station.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By jakob187

Am I the only one that thinks Tiny Tina is perfectly fine and everyone is just overreacting?

Nonetheless, this sounds fucking rad.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@jakob187 said:

Am I the only one that thinks Tiny Tina is perfectly fine and everyone is just overreacting?

Have you not been reading through the thread? There are more people in here defending Tiny Tina against the Haters (!!!) than there are actual Tiny Tina haters.

I have no particularly strong opinions about the character one way or the other mind, but there's quite frankly been an equally absurd amount of hostility from the people who enjoy the character than there has from the people who dislike her.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Cloudenvy

@yummylee said:
    @jakob187 said:

Have you not been reading through the thread?

Who the hell reads threads anymore? Get with the times, old man.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By OneManX

She was alright, gonna wait for this DLC to drop and just play it all in one big session(s).

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Haters of Tiny Tina can fuck off. She's a fine character, and this is literally the only place I've seen her get so much hate. I knew as soon someone made a topic about the DLC that people would bitch about her being the central character. This DLC sounds great, too. The thing is, I can't really get excited to play anymore BL2 because of how unoptimized for single-player it is, which is how I spend the majority of my time with it.

While I wouldn't say I hate her I do think her character was a missed opportunity in some regards. She had a tragic origin story and hinted at her "normal" side once in the game and never really came back to that. I would have liked it if they had balanced out her "normal" persona a little more and her "crazy" persona to cope. Instead it ended up mainly "what what in the butt" jokes. Which hey it's Borderlands I get it.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#35  Edited By musubi

Ugh. Borderlands 2 in general gives me a stomach ache. I can't imagine actually playing a DLC about her.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tiny Tina sucks but I enjoyed my time with the game. This idea sounds kind of interesting, actually.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SSully

I dont get how people can hate Tina and not almost every other character in that game. She literally fronts the same obnoxious personality as everything else in that universe except she has a faux ghetto spin.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

Comes out on my birthday! Too bad I don't really care about the dlc for Borderlands 2. Come to think of it, I didn't care much for 2 that much in the first place. Never even finished it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I like the concept. I am disappointed about Tina though.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both this and the Krieg DLC character are $10.

I would happily give this up in favor of that.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haters of haters, we need to get more meta.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.