What Class are you looking forward to play?

  • 167 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
#1 Posted by SmasheControllers (2951 posts) -


Avatar image for tennmuerti
#2 Posted by Tennmuerti (9321 posts) -

No way to tell untill I take a look at their actual ability trees.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
#3 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8734 posts) -

Siren, I really liked the idea of the phaselock, lots of utility and a support/healing role!

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
#4 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2749 posts) -

Salvador.

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
#5 Posted by SmasheControllers (2951 posts) -

Loved the simplistic of Roland, so I'm probably gonna play Axton. His turret seem way better than Roland's, so that's a plus!

Avatar image for gunstarred
#6 Posted by GunstarRed (6044 posts) -

Zero I guess. Unless any of the others have a pet they throw out. I loved the shit out of Mordecai... even if the bird was pretty useless.

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
#7 Posted by SmasheControllers (2951 posts) -

@GunstarRed: No class, unless you count Axton's Turret, has a "pet."

Avatar image for tennmuerti
#8 Posted by Tennmuerti (9321 posts) -
@GunstarRed said:
Zero I guess. Unless any of the others have a pet they throw out. I loved the shit out of Mordecai... even if the bird was pretty useless.
Only if you're talking 2.5 playthroughs.
On the first run a maxed out bird with some mods could one shot several enemies while healing you.
Avatar image for firepaw
#9 Posted by Firepaw (3094 posts) -

The Gunzerker! Borderlands is about guns, double the guns mean double the fun right?

Loading Video...
Avatar image for tennmuerti
#10 Posted by Tennmuerti (9321 posts) -

I really like just how much more badass the turret looks in this game.

Avatar image for hitchenson
#11 Posted by Hitchenson (4708 posts) -

@Village_Guy: Do you really need to spread your pony shit here?

Not sure yet, maybe Zero, I'll have to see his skill tree first.

Avatar image for firepaw
#12 Posted by Firepaw (3094 posts) -

@Hitchenson: Sure I do, if you don't like don't click the video. It is also very relevant, after all double the guns has to mean double the fun right? And in that case isn't it appropriate to say that the fun has been doubled?

Avatar image for gunstarred
#13 Posted by GunstarRed (6044 posts) -

@Tennmuerti: I played so much of that game it's hard to remember what my first playthrough felt like. The bird was completely useless by the time I'd gotten round to Knoxx and the Claptrap DLC.

Avatar image for tennmuerti
#14 Posted by Tennmuerti (9321 posts) -
@GunstarRed said:

@Tennmuerti: I played so much of that game it's hard to remember what my first playthrough felt like. The bird was completely useless by the time I'd gotten round to Knoxx and the Claptrap DLC.

Yeah I played with him only through the first playthrough. My siren/soldier were the only ones i took into 2.5 and beyond.
But by the same virtue Sirens phasewalk and Bricks melee were just as useless in those in terms of damage. Only the turret held up in any way damage wise. Most of the classes special powers basically came down to utility after the first playthrough.
Avatar image for tennmuerti
#15 Posted by Tennmuerti (9321 posts) -
@Village_Guy said:

@Hitchenson: Sure I do, if you don't like don't click the video. It is also very relevant, after all double the guns has to mean double the fun right? And in that case isn't it appropriate to say that the fun has been doubled?

I personally love your pony shit!
Avatar image for justin258
#16 Edited by Justin258 (14883 posts) -

Call me crazy, but I never really noticed a huge difference in the classes of the original (and didn't use the powers a ton). So if I do get this game, it will be whichever one I think looks the coolest at the time of class choosing.

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
#17 Edited by SmasheControllers (2951 posts) -

Axton's Turret's Appearance is determined by the way you spec Axton, whether you focus on missiles or what have you. Zer0's melee weapon is the Sw0rd seen in the trailer, which is upgradeable, his class skill is he'll will deploy a decoy of himself and enter stealth, while in stealth enemy crit points are displayed on their bodies. Depending on what weapons are dual wielded determined what bonuses are given to Salvador's guns, damage, crit damage and ect. Maya's phaselocking can be utilised to heal allies or apply different affects to enemies.

Avatar image for yummylee
#18 Posted by Yummylee (24646 posts) -

Well, Lilith was my go-to gal for Borderlands (I soloed Crawremax with her - no exploit) so Maya will be my first choice. But if I enjoy Borderlands 2 as much as I did original, then I'll undoubtedly get around to giving them all a whirl.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
#19 Posted by deactivated-59a31562f0e29 (1212 posts) -

i'm not going to type someone's name with a number in it

but i will probably play as zero. although this depends on his abilities ... stealthy stuff could fall a bit flat in a game like this, i'd probably focus on other skills that are more hunter-like from the first game. they have said they want people to use whatever guns they want to use, but i hope this doesn't mean you won't be able to become really powerful with a certain gun class like i was with pistols.

Avatar image for tennmuerti
#20 Posted by Tennmuerti (9321 posts) -
@SmasheControllers said:

Axton's Turret's Appearance is determined by the way you spec Axton, whether you focus on missiles or what have you. Zer0's melee weapon is the Sw0rd seen in the trailer, which is upgradeable. Depending on what weapons are dual wielded determined what bonuses are given to Salvador's guns, damage, crit damage and ect. Maya's phaselocking can be utilised to heal allies or apply different affects to enemies.

I really like the deliberately dumbass direction they are taking Zer0 in, fucking sw0rd, lmao good stuff.
Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
#21 Edited by SmasheControllers (2951 posts) -

@drag: Zer0 is how you spell his name.

edit: also Zer0 focuses on "melee"/stealth and snipers.

Avatar image for guided_by_tigers
#22 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8020 posts) -

Zer0 cause my Xbox Live account is New Zer0 Kanada

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
#23 Posted by SmasheControllers (2951 posts) -

@Tennmuerti said:

@SmasheControllers said:

Axton's Turret's Appearance is determined by the way you spec Axton, whether you focus on missiles or what have you. Zer0's melee weapon is the Sw0rd seen in the trailer, which is upgradeable. Depending on what weapons are dual wielded determined what bonuses are given to Salvador's guns, damage, crit damage and ect. Maya's phaselocking can be utilised to heal allies or apply different affects to enemies.

I really like the deliberately dumbass direction they are taking Zer0 in, fucking sw0rd, lmao good stuff.

Absoluteable, everything involving Zer0 should be like MK and replace "o" with "0"

Avatar image for onimonkii
#24 Posted by onimonkii (2584 posts) -

@Abyssfull said:

Well, Lilith was my go-to gal for Borderlands (I soloed Crawremax with her - no exploit) so Maya will be my first choice. But if I enjoy Borderlands 2 as much as I did original, then I'll undoubtedly get around to giving them all a whirl.

yeah, same here. though zer0 will probably be my second choice

Avatar image for matthias2437
#25 Posted by matthias2437 (992 posts) -

@GunstarRed said:

Zero I guess. Unless any of the others have a pet they throw out. I loved the shit out of Mordecai... even if the bird was pretty useless.

Mordecais bird was one of the most OP things in the game. Spec into the bird tree and get the right equipment and he would go out, hit 10 times for crazy damage each time, catch people on fire(or acid/lighting ect.) and drop a ton of loot when he hits.

Avatar image for yummylee
#26 Posted by Yummylee (24646 posts) -

@matthias2437 said:

@GunstarRed said:

Zero I guess. Unless any of the others have a pet they throw out. I loved the shit out of Mordecai... even if the bird was pretty useless.

Mordecais bird was one of the most OP things in the game. Spec into the bird tree and get the right equipment and he would go out, hit 10 times for crazy damage each time, catch people on fire(or acid/lighting ect.) and drop a ton of loot when he hits.

Definitely, and he could kill other players in duels practically with a single hit every time too. It was hilarious how OP that thing was.

Avatar image for def
#27 Posted by DeF (5401 posts) -

at first it was all about Siren, then I saw that Ninja dude and couldn't think straight anymore. Though I might play Siren first since that's who I played as last time!

Avatar image for penguindust
#28 Posted by PenguinDust (13026 posts) -

I played Lilith, the Siren in Borderlands 1, and I plan to play that character class again, but I am really excited to try out the Assassin, Zer0 this time around. It's ninja-cliche, yes and he looks a bit too much like GI Joe's Snake Eyes, but damn if it still doesn't make the kid inside me giddy with anticipation. I hope the character class has a lot of good, fluid melee attacks in addition to the gun-play. If not, then I'll fall back on my Siren. I want a be a ninja who slices and dices, not one that uses a bunch of machine guns and rocket launchers.

Avatar image for tennmuerti
#29 Posted by Tennmuerti (9321 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:

@matthias2437 said:

@GunstarRed said:

Zero I guess. Unless any of the others have a pet they throw out. I loved the shit out of Mordecai... even if the bird was pretty useless.

Mordecais bird was one of the most OP things in the game. Spec into the bird tree and get the right equipment and he would go out, hit 10 times for crazy damage each time, catch people on fire(or acid/lighting ect.) and drop a ton of loot when he hits.

Definitely, and he could kill other players in duels practically with a single hit every time too. It was hilarious how OP that thing was.

The thing is that the bird did not scale in terms of DMG with your gear (bseides a few points mods) making it almost useless beyond the first playthrough when the enemies health kept going up. It's was more utility at that point just to heal you.
Avatar image for gunstarred
#30 Posted by GunstarRed (6044 posts) -

@Abyssfull: I dunno about that. as mentioned above this is in playthrough 2/ dlc. I remember having a really hard time with some of the dlc and the bird did fuck all to the crimson lancers. This is like level 69 also.

Avatar image for valiantgrizzly
#31 Posted by valiantgrizzly (502 posts) -

Probably Siren, just like in the original. I'm pretty sure only people who never played her don't know how RIDICULOUSLY overpowered she was. Elemental spec basically meant I had to kill one enemy and have all the others die from the Phoenix effect in mere seconds. Best solo class. Jeff doesn't know what he's talking about.

Avatar image for laserbolts
#32 Posted by laserbolts (5506 posts) -

No sniper class? Where's my Mordecai?

Avatar image for tennmuerti
#33 Edited by Tennmuerti (9321 posts) -
@digitalsea87 said:

Probably Siren, just like in the original. I'm pretty sure only people who never played her don't know how RIDICULOUSLY overpowered she was. Elemental spec basically meant I had to kill one enemy and have all the others die from the Phoenix effect in mere seconds. Best solo class. Jeff doesn't know what he's talking about.

The thing is we don't know what the balance will be in Borderlands 2 yet. Not untill we get our hands on the final product. So assuming Siren would be just as overpowered as before is dangerous imo.
 
@laserbolts said:

No sniper class? Where's my Mordecai?

Zer0
Avatar image for beachthunder
#34 Posted by BeachThunder (14869 posts) -

I'm not exactly excited about any of the characters, but I'll probably go with Axton. I enjoyed playing as Roland last time.

Avatar image for hwy_61
#35 Posted by hwy_61 (1061 posts) -

I hope there's a Brick equivalent. I really enjoyed going berzerker in Borderlands.

Avatar image for starvinggamer
#36 Posted by StarvingGamer (11463 posts) -

Probably Maya, unless Axton proves to be a more competent support/healer class.

Avatar image for tennmuerti
#37 Posted by Tennmuerti (9321 posts) -
@hwy_61 said:

I hope there's a Brick equivalent. I really enjoyed going berzerker in Borderlands.

The gunzerker is the direct Brick replacement.
Avatar image for pibo47
#38 Posted by Pibo47 (3238 posts) -

I played siren last time...so im gonna probly try out the assassin guy. He looks pretty cool.

Avatar image for tennmuerti
#39 Edited by Tennmuerti (9321 posts) -

I really reallyREALLY hope that Zer0 turns out to be a robot/cyborg/AI or something along those lines.

It would fit perfectly.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
#40 Posted by deactivated-59a31562f0e29 (1212 posts) -

@Tennmuerti: don't forget the bloodwing's stun ability, that was useful throughout for me with a 1 second or instant cooldown. then the damage and health stealing is a nice bonus on top.

Avatar image for redeyesbluebunny
#41 Posted by RedEyesBlueBunny (1025 posts) -

loved the siren in the first one, but i think i'll be going with the gunzerker this time. i love dual wielding in just about any type of game

Avatar image for yummylee
#42 Posted by Yummylee (24646 posts) -

@GunstarRed said:

@Abyssfull: I dunno about that. as mentioned above this is in playthrough 2/ dlc. I remember having a really hard time with some of the dlc and the bird did fuck all to the crimson lancers. This is like level 69 also.

Hmm, I don't think I took Mordecia into the NG+, but as far as the DLC went (well, General Knoxx anyway) the difficulty was ramped up for everyone besides Lilith--thanks to her elemental affinity. But speaking for the first playthrough at least, I distinctly remember his bird was exceptionally OP. Man, all this Borderlands talk makes me wanna head back in... I should still have all my old saves :o Might want to head into my Lilith save and just gawk over all of my glorious tools of destruction <3... mostly made up of Jakobs shotguns. Oh how I loved the Jakobs shotguns.

Avatar image for pinworm45
#43 Posted by Pinworm45 (4069 posts) -

Either Zero or Axton. Depends which my friend picks I guess.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
#44 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (4115 posts) -

Zer0 cause he reminds me the most of Mordecai. Who was badass.

Avatar image for arker101
#45 Posted by Arker101 (1484 posts) -

I loved Roland and Mordecai from BL1, so depending how me and my friends roll, I'll choose Axton or Zer0.

Interesting info for any who don't know:

Salvador can double melee while he's "Gunzerking" kind of like Brick did, but I haven't seen any skills that improve his melee.

Maya's Phaselock seems like an aimed projectile, quite similar to how Blood wing functioned. Mord users will remember how BW could stun and increase health/money drops? Phaselock sounds like it'll do that to. They've thrown the Siren and Hunter playstyles from the last game, in a blender, and came out with Zer0 and Maya, pretty much.

Maya sounds like she's got quite a few healing/reviving skills, so the commando isn't just the only guy who keeps everyone healthy now, but he'll still probably resupply everyone.

Zer0 has a Sniper tree, and his skill is more powerful the longer you wait in stealth mode, if you attack right as the cloak ends you get the "0" pop up indicating you did MAX damage.

They're trying to make it so every class can use every gun, so the skills will reflect that, and it sounds like they're focusing more on your Action skill.

I visit the BL2 forums a bit, so yeah.

Avatar image for nick_verissimo
#46 Posted by nick_verissimo (1452 posts) -

I had the most fun playing as Lilith, so I'll definitely try out Maya for my first playthrough.

Avatar image for stryker1121
#47 Posted by stryker1121 (2143 posts) -

Had a good amount of fun as both soldier and phasewalk lady...hmmm I'd probably go w/ Maya at this point. Phaselock sounds way cool.

Avatar image for demonology_24
#48 Posted by DEMONOLOGY_24 (526 posts) -

Zer0 because I loved playing as Mordecai and the idea of running up and stabbing dudes with a max out crazy acid sword sounds incredible (if the mods for zer0 go to his sword of coarse and not something else)

Avatar image for mikegosot
#49 Posted by MikeGosot (3237 posts) -

Axton because... DAT TURRET! I mean, double wielding is cool, but... DAT TURRET!

Avatar image for subjugation
#50 Posted by Subjugation (4976 posts) -

I played as Mordecai in the first one, so I would say Zero is the closest equivalent.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.